Page 101 of 133 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1989

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Here's hoping for more Zee appearances across all media and comics .
    I’m hoping the Fandome merch is a sign DC has big plans for her in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Zee_Fan View Post
    I’m hoping the Fandome merch is a sign DC has big plans for her in the near future.
    Same here .

Or at least some news on the HBOMax show...

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Dick Giordano.

DickGiordanoZ.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Dick Giordano.

DickGiordanoZ.jpg
    Lovely depiction of Zee .

The Fandome T-shirt is obviously using the cover image from Zatanna #15, but the face is different. I'm wondering if that's a hint as to how movie Zee (or possible new solo series Zee?) might look. For comparison, the Yara Flor shirt looks like comic Yara. I'm probably reading too much into it, but still a bit interesting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zee_Fan View Post
    The Fandome T-shirt is obviously using the cover image from Zatanna #15, but the face is different. I'm wondering if that's a hint as to how movie Zee (or possible new solo series Zee?) might look. For comparison, the Yara Flor shirt looks like comic Yara. I'm probably reading too much into it, but still a bit interesting to me.
    That's a pretty keen observation, I'm eager for close to comic book appearances for her live action potrayal

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Dick Giordano.

DickGiordanoZ.jpg
    Love the dazzling smile

Zatanna page at DC Newest Encyclopedia
    https://books.google.co.id/books?id=...epage&q&f=true
    Just jump to Z mark

20210722_090711.jpg

Love they acknowledged Zee versatility on channeling her powers. Kinda hope they include the latter half of first JLD run when She take the lead and facing Pralaya

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    Just jump to Z mark

20210722_090711.jpg

Love they acknowledged Zee versatility on channeling her powers. Kinda hope they include the latter half of first JLD run when She take the lead and facing Pralaya
    I love how they use a picture from her 'Tec appearance...she looked fantastic there.

Des Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Damn. I wish him the best of luck. I know we complain about his handling on Zatanna a lot but outside of that I think he is a solid writer and I enjoyed most of everything that he has written.

Aside from Constantine has she had that many bad boyfriends/relationships? Bruce was good to her even if he has other issues. Constantine only appeared as much as Jeff Sloane did in Zatanna stories until Nu52 happened and DC decided they were going to be OTP.

While I think it is within her character to fall for someone like Constantine (pre-dead father of course), I wouldn't like it for it to be something that happens to her regularly much less sticking with a toxic relationship for a long time without any growth or progress. I rather she grows out of it. My perception of Zatanna is coloured by the works of Paul Dini use of her in 'Tech and in her own ongoing, Conway's Satellite era JLA and Morrison's Seven Soldiers.

To me, she is the 'Superman' of the magical world in that conflict stems from *how* she uses her power. Even though I dislike Identity Crisis, the question of whether she should use her powers to alter villains and whether it would be wrong for someone like her to utilize her power felt like the perfect moral dilemma for her character (too bad the story wasn't about that). She is a performer and magician and while she has sold-out shows and saved the world a few times, her life style has brought her little personal happiness. In fact, even though she's saved other people's lives and the world numerous times, she has failed to save the lives of those closest to her (father, mother) and that chips away at her core. Added to that she also has a need to prove herself both as a hero and the daughter of a reputed magician. Hence why I like Seven Soldiers, because of course at some point, she is going to break down and become a 'spellaholic' just to make herself feel better and of courseshe ends up misusing her powers and end up unleashing a terrible mess that she has to fix herself.
    I like this Superman sort of comparison of her. Makes her a lot more interesting to read! Could a Seven Soliders-like Zatanna last in her own longer series?

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    Just jump to Z mark

20210722_090711.jpg

Yeah, I agree, Pralaya, Zor and Upside Down Man's defeats should be up there as her greatest achievements.

Interesting that they don't mention 'Zatanna's Search' since that is her most famous, most often mentioned and most rehashed story arc. I think it's overdue for a retelling. This time from Zatanna's perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by comic_creechur View Post
    I like this Superman sort of comparison of her. Makes her a lot more interesting to read! Could a Seven Soliders-like Zatanna last in her own longer series?
    I definitely think she can.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Des Taylor

I'd watch it .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Des Taylor

I support this idea.

Well Constantine gets another book and No, those two girls aren't Black Canary and Zatanna.
    I wish Issac Goodhart gets to work on a Zatanna solo someday.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 09-27-2021 at 06:45 PM.

This reminded to check to check on the status of Zatanna: The Jewel of Gravesend. It's still solicited to come out on April 5th 2022.