Page 45 of 133 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast

Zatanna will be appearing in the second season of Batman: The Adventure Continues comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Is she really that powerful?
    Even with her blatant weaknesses
    Ostensibly, yeah.
    Gorgeous .

Yes. She got a lot very high feats consistently like defeating Zor the Spectre rival, Pralaya the God aspect who put everything on the multiverse even the God to the eternal sleep, Nabu with full control of chaos magic, and recent Upside Down Man showdown. Strength wise there are Nabu, Spectre, Phantom Stranger, Mordru who has more raw magic strength. Zatanna more balanced of using combination of strength, willpower, intelligent, resourcefulness

Tbf it's has similar issues like Superman with kryptonite and red sun, Martian Manhunter with fire, Flash broke his legs heck his rogue gallery routinely give him trouble, or binding Dr. Strange hands. Zee is pretty fast too she stopping Superman at JLD animated movie and against Flash on Batman Holy terror. She has pretty quick spell to use like "potS" that can quicker to draw than hand gestures. Not to mention fingerspell or bloodwriting. With a power strongly tied on belief she got restrictions with her self confidence, guilt over mindwapes, loss (especially after his father died) to the point losing bulk of her power in 90s to 10s.
    RCO032_w_1467609921.jpg

So yeah she doesn't need to speak to channel her magic. It just her preference but some writers doesn't know it
    1616891888794.jpg

But then again comic book characters with different writers tend has fluctuating display of power
    Last edited by Mai Zen; 04-20-2021 at 06:12 PM.

Zatanna is officially out of the DC Round Robin tournament.
    She lost on Instagram the most. I didn't know it would last only a day.

I really wanted this book. I campaigned for it on Twitter several times each day. I even made friends with some of her "stans" on Twitter

They didn't help much.
    They instead started spreading stuff about Zee's writers - the Soska Sisters being Alt right without even looking into the whole issue.

A simple Google search revealed that a dude wrote an article about the Sisters being Alt right because they thanked an alt right person for tweeting a video.

A video that covered the unjust suspension of the Sisters from Twitter because they tweeted some promotional pictures of their upcoming movie- Rabid 2019.

That's it. That's all there was.
    The Sisters even tweeted that they had no connections to the Alt right.

I hate Twitter. Before this I used it only to find some fan art of Zee and catch some spoilers for JLD.

I wasn't impressed with the first batch of the Adventures Continues so I might skip on this but nice to see Zee popping up.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Gorgeous .
    Commission for Pau Dini, fyi.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post

I really wanted this book. I campaigned for it on Twitter several times each day. I even made friends with some of her "stans" on Twitter

They didn't help much.
    They instead started spreading stuff about Zee's writers - the Soska Sisters being Alt right without even looking into the whole issue.

A simple Google search revealed that a dude wrote an article about the Sisters being Alt right because they thanked an alt right person for tweeting a video.

A video that covered the unjust suspension of the Sisters from Twitter because they tweeted some promotional pictures of their upcoming movie- Rabid 2019.

I hate Twitter. Before this I used it only to find some fan art of Zee and catch some spoilers for JLD.
    Yeah, don't have a twitter account myself and I block the site on all my devices.

Hopefully the proposal shows up somewhere else down the line.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Damn Zee lost the round robin. I really thought she was gonna win against GL.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I guess we shouldn't underestimate the GL brand, Kyle nolstalgia, or people who want to read a Kilowog book.

*Fingers crossed* they still decide to do her book at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Interesting. Source?

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I just assumed that was a proud of her smirk, that someone like Superman respects her to such an extent. I wouldn't think after everything Constantine would even try anything like be a leader again.
    I think that was meant to show that he was happy for her but imo, his opinion/feelings on the matter isn't the least bit relevant.

I really hope the movie is more of a superhero movie than a horror film like Keanu Reeves Constantine.

I don't want her to be an exorcist or anything related to mordern day horror.

The way Emerald talked about it in a recent interview made me feel she was gonna make it seriously intense and related to witchcraft like in VVitch.

I was hoping for a Hellboy and the Golden Army kinda movie.
    She said the script writing process was going to be scary and intense, not the movie itself.

I agree. I'm not looking forward to a full on horror take either. Hellboy is the perfect example of the kind of tone I'm hoping for this. I was going to go for something like 'Now You See Me' mixed with 'Dr Strange'. Zatanna should be mixing classic stage magic tricks with real magic.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I guess I just didn't read into it in that way.
    It is a bit jarring when you consider that aside from having lead JLD before, she's been chairwoman of the JLA in the past:

DC-260-79F21A670.jpg

I think it just ties into the general feeling that she should be a bigger deal than she is usually depicted as.

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    Bruce just being paranoid Bruce xd. Zee is one closest person he adore
    Yep. I really like the low key child hood friendship they share.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Is she really that powerful?
    Even with her blatant weaknesses
    The backwards speech is only a focusing agent. But yeah, most writers don't really bother putting limits on her so she just does whatever she wants to.

They didn't help much.

That sucks but thanks for trying to shore up more votes for her book.

Sorry for your bad experience on there. Twitter is the worst social media platform.

Looking forward to it. Not surprised at all that Dini couldn't resist using her.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I wasn't impressed with the first batch of the Adventures Continues so I might skip on this but nice to see Zee popping up.
    I read them in bulk. They are not terrible but they aren't great either. Certainly not up to the standards of the old tie in comics or the show but I'll take these over another Kyle Higgins style 'Bruce-impregnates-Babs' story. Better a safe story than one done for controversy that taints an entire beloved universe. I would rather people who respect the universe or helped sculpt it be in charge rather than a shock writer.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    She did a lot better than I expected her to. I had a feeling that she was going to lose but then the twitter polls started showing her gaining and for a moment I had some hope before it got dashed away.

Quote Originally Posted by Zee_Fan View Post
    *Fingers crossed* they still decide to do her book at a later date.
    Same.

Sucks she lost, I hope she gets mini around the time her movie starts casting. Make some of that synergy work in my favor for once.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Sucks she lost, I hope she gets mini around the time her movie starts casting. Make some of that synergy work in my favor for once.
    Would be a good thing to bring back in time to hype the show .

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    She said the script writing process was going to be scary and intense, not the movie itself.

I agree. I'm not looking forward to a full on horror take either. Hellboy is the perfect example of the kind of tone I'm hoping for this. I was going to go for something like 'Now You See Me' mixed with 'Dr Strange'. Zatanna should be mixing classic stage magic tricks with real magic.
    The first Hellboy had just the right amount of horror. Not enough you can't take kids to, but enough to be different from the normal superhero movie. Don't get me wrong, I would love more "scary" "intense" horror in the superhero genre, but Zatanna just doesn't seem the right character to go all in on that route.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Interesting. Source?
    Rucka’s story from the Wonder Woman #750 anthology.

Do you think Zee would do much better if she was a mid level hero?
    Right now her powerset makes her a God tier hero but she can be taken out by any street level thug.
    What if for her solo adventures she had her powers nerfed to be just a little above street level?
    I don't know by how much but it should be enough to make a fight between magicians feel interesting.

Do you think Zee would do much better if she was a mid level hero?
    Right now her powerset makes her a God tier hero but she can be taken out by any street level thug.
    What if for her solo adventures she had her powers nerfed to be just a little above street level?
    I don't know by how much but it should be enough to make a fight between magicians feel interesting.
    I think she's versatile .

I prefer giving her equivalent or more stronger foes for her to overcome approach or problem that can't be finished only by her magic. Beside Zatanna already spent her time at one third of JLD 2018 story restricted of using her power to avoid earlier intrusion of Upside Down Man. I want to see Zatanna using her full power, skill, willpower and resourcefulness again xd. Flash and Superman who can end the fight in seconds manages to have long ongoing series and lot of great stories for them

Nerfing power for some time could give interesting stories I agree just like JLU animated show. But then again she already experience it in Silver Age era when she can only control 4 natural elements (like Avatar) or generally after her father death and guilt over the mindwapes. The aftermath of Upside Down Man when Zatanna took heavy tool to defeat that being could serve it, and I want to see her using her arsenal of magical weapons and items on Shadowcrest while waiting her power recovered. The Robin Round of Zatanna and King of Nightmares taking this approach too iirc
    Last edited by Mai Zen; 04-23-2021 at 01:23 AM.