Page 11 of 133 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Zatanna by Issac Goodhart.
    He is the same artist who did on my favourite Zatanna story in New Talent Showcase 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    What comic is this from?

Nevermind I found out.
    It's from Captain Carrot and the Final Ark.
    This comic is hilarious.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 02-11-2021 at 08:00 PM.

You know, I could have sworn that rabbit reappeared in her ongoing series.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    You know, I could have sworn that rabbit reappeared in her ongoing series.

Oh my god.....Captain Carrot has an illegitimate alternate universe son!
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Justice league dark is one of the best things to have happened for Zatanna but
    I feel that it has a negative impact on her identity. Writers aren't using her stage magician gimmick often enough. If someone new to JLD picks up the current issue of JLD, he'll have a hard time figuring out who this character is until she starts speaking backwards.

Her current attire is partly responsible for this problem but not wholly. She doesn't wear a top hat or a bow tie but those things are just superficial.

The main problem is her words. Recently I read V for Vendetta and found that Alan Moore wrote V's dialogues in a way that resembles someone who's really into theater, Shakespeare and stuff. This made him more memorable.

Zatanna is a professional stage magician but I don't see her words reflect that. Right now she's someone in a blue coat who does magic by speaking backwards. Even in the JLD movie there's a 15 second scene of her performing in the beginning and that's it. From then on she's just a sorcerer like any other.

I think there's a lot of material in theater and stage magic that the writers can incorporate into her dialogue and action. This is probably why the Zatanna short in New Talent Showcase 2018 is my favourite. Not even Paul Dini wrote her like that.

Zee really needs to get her solo comic back.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 02-12-2021 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    Justice league dark is one of the best things to have happened for Zatanna but
    I feel that it has a negative impact on her identity. Writers aren't using her stage magician gimmick often enough. If someone new to JLD picks up the current issue of JLD, he'll have a hard time figuring out who this character is until she starts speaking backwards.

Her current attire is partly responsible for this problem but not wholly. She doesn't wear a top hat or a bow tie but those things are just superficial.

The main problem is her words. Recently I read V for Vendetta and found that Alan Moore wrote V's dialogues in a way that resembles someone who's really into theater, Shakespeare and stuff. This made him more memorable.

Zatanna is a professional stage magician but I don't see her words reflect that. Right now she's someone in a blue coat who does magic by speaking backwards. Even in the JLD movie there's a 15 second scene of her performing in the beginning and that's it. From then on she's just a sorcerer like any other.

I think there's a lot of material in theater and stage magic that the writers can incorporate into her dialogue and action. This is probably why the Zatanna short in New Talent Showcase 2018 is my favourite. Not even Paul Dini wrote her like that.

Zee really needs to get her solo comic back.
    I think Dini wrote her dialogue with the flair and wit of a showwoman.

I wonder if Dini had plans for the rabbit which never materialized.

I agree with Edwin30, the current iteration of Zatanna just isn't doing it. She's just another generic magic girl now with her unique elements sawed off.

So I read the DC New Talent Showcase 2018, by mistake I read the DC New Talent Showcase 2016 first and the Zee/Constantine story in that one was just terrible. The 2018 story was much better and it got me itching for another Zatanna ongoing. I wouldn't mind Ryan Cady doing a full blown Zatanna ongoing. He ticked off a lot of right boxes.

by Jamal Campbell

Ram V posted another teaser for JLD in march.

Etrigan, Constantine, Zatanna, Ragman and Bobo seems to be the new team. Swamp thing and Matbat will appear in their own books for now. I'm excited for Ragman.

Twitter-
    https://mobile.twitter.com/therightr...98223263596544

Last edited by Edwin30; 02-17-2021 at 06:49 AM.

Incredible Member

Etrigan, Constantine, Zatanna, Ragman and Bobo seems to be the new team. Swamp thing and Matbat will appear in their own books for now. I'm excited for Ragman.

Twitter-

Kind of disappointed she hasn't adopted her future state look in the present(yet, at least).

Twitter-

I guess we're stuck with this costume as long as Zee is in the JLD.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

by Jamal Campbell
    I want this as a print. If it's available, let me know so I can give Campbell my money. Holy damn that rules.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Zatanna and her rabbits .
    Yeah, but it bums me seeing the rest of the Zoo Crew get left behind