Page 111 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 1989

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post

Please Please Please watch Season 3 Episode 1 of The Mask The Animated Series.

The villain of this episode is Davida Steelmine aka Vicky Pratt. She's an illusionist-turned-thief.

I loved her appearance in the show. This is exactly what I want from Zatanna.

Zee's potential is being wasted on JLD where she has dropped all of her stage magician gimmick. Instead of forever fighting world ending threats, she can do much better if her powers were a little above steet level and if she utilized her style of magic more often.
    I always did kind of wonder what a villainous Zatanna would be like.

They even included the fishnets .

The villain of this episode is Davida Steelmine aka Vicky Pratt. She's an illusionist-turned-thief.

Zee's potential is being wasted on JLD where she has dropped all of her stage magician gimmick. Instead of forever fighting world ending threats, she can do much better if her powers were a little above steet level and if she utilized her style of magic more often.
    The episode summary looks interesting, gotta try to watch it later. They even can animating fishnet xd. Thank You for the suggestions

I agree that Zatanna should use more items especially stage Magician gimmicks like pellets smoke bomb, razor cut or exploding card, long ropes from her sleeves etc. I think She doesn't need to be depowered to let her use it. Perhaps to conserve energy (Jiraiya vs Pain from Naruto come in mind). Although sometimes I have wondered a story about young Zatanna that still developing her power or depowered Zee after big events that need her sacrificing her power (kinda like God of War 2 story did to Kratos) or like the 80s Zee after saving the Key

I agree on Zee getting to use more stage magician props, but I don't want her to be depowered, the whole characters need to be street level to be interesting idea needs to go already.

Incredible Member

Last edited by Lucas 35; 11-10-2021 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    I assume all the episode titles for her arc will be reversed .

Haven't watched any of YJ revival seasons, might jump in feet first of the deep end of this pool to get some Zee content.
    Last edited by Gaius; 11-10-2021 at 07:13 PM.

lleh haey! what a great news. It's look like they straight going to action. Season pacing wise is kinda good altough I'm still for some world building on Earth-16 magic and Zatanna bonding with her proteges

Zatanna fight.jpg

I'm glad to see Zatanna getting her own arc. I'm hoping to see more of her personal life (if she even has one) and what she's like with her protege's.

If Zachary shows up, even better.

I want a Zatanna comic with a great artist. I don't care who writes it.
    I feel the opposite. There's been a lot of good artists on JLD but it's her characterization that's lacking right now. Ideally we would have both but I would a pick a good writer over a good artist. Who knows? Even a poor artist might improve with the right story.

I feel that JLD hasn't done much to make Zatanna more popular. From the costume change to the personality change, there are many reasons why I say this.

It's like when they were making JLD, they didn't think about how her skills, personality and history would fit the team. They just needed a magic girlfriend for Constantine.

Where is the magician gimmick? If one day she had to do some solo stuff then she won't get anything from the past 10 years she has spent with JLD.

I'd pull her out of JLD and give her a solo to do her own thing.
    I agree. JLD hasn't done her any favors. It seems to be an editorial mandate for her to be unsure and insecure and to be the 'brawn' to Constantine's 'brain'. Mind wiping nonsense aside, I thought Tynion wrote a great Zatanna in 'Tech but he seems to have shifted to writing an afraid and insecure Zatanna for his JLD run. The main saving grace was Zee's partnership with Diana and also Detective Chimp. I do miss all of Zatanna's non JLD friendships, she had a strong connection to Barry, Hal, Ray Palmer, Shiera and all the other heroes. I'm glad that the Diana/Zee and Diana/Bruce relationships are getting some attention lately but I also want her other relationships to be give some love as well.

Speaking of JLD, how many characters have benefited from being on the team? We all know how Zatanna is treated but what about everybody else? Constantine and Swamp Thing get the best treatment but I feel like everybody's best showings are outside JLD and not in int. I supposed the title gave Chimp a boost.

Madame Xanadu: My introduction to the character was in JLD Vol 1 and I had no idea who she was and why I should care. Same with Books of Magic. It was through reading Matt Wagner and Amy Reeder's Madame Xanadu series that made me realize how awesome the character was.

Deadman: He was very skeevy and unlikeable in JLD Vol1. I really enjoyed him when he teamed up with Wonder Woman in her own title for the 'Afterworlds' story arc though.

Dr Fate: If anybody is interested in him, I would recommend Walt Simonson and Martin Pasko's Dr Fate mini over anything else as it establishes what the character is about. I get that Khalid is good for optics but man, do something interesting with him. Don't just have a character for the sake of having one. Fate isn't your typical 'ordinary joe granted great power', he is supposed to be creepy and downright eerie and his power comes with a mental and physical toll on himself and anybody close to him.

It's a great picture but if I give this to someone who hasn't been reading JLD lately, they won't recognize Zatanna at all. That's what's wrong with Zee's current look.
    I want to make a 'at least she has some kind of fishnet pattern on her' joke but you're right. It's a very generic goth girl look.

I got to check this out. The Mask was one of my favorite shows growing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I always did kind of wonder what a villainous Zatanna would be like.

They even included the fishnets .
    That's Allura. Her archenemy from the Silver Age:

I wish they would bring her back. She's Zatanna's enemy and is the reason why Zatanna's introductory story 'Zatanna's Search' happened in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    The episode summary looks interesting, gotta try to watch it later. They even can animating fishnet xd. Thank You for the suggestions

I agree that Zatanna should use more items especially stage Magician gimmicks like pellets smoke bomb, razor cut or exploding card, long ropes from her sleeves etc. I think She doesn't need to be depowered to let her use it. Perhaps to conserve energy (Jiraiya vs Pain from Naruto come in mind). Although sometimes I have wondered a story about young Zatanna that still developing her power or depowered Zee after big events that need her sacrificing her power (kinda like God of War 2 story did to Kratos) or like the 80s Zee after saving the Key
    I agree. It needs to be a mix of both stage magic and real magic. Even if the enemy is too powerful she shouldn't be powerless, if you catch my drift.

One of these days, instead of having her go 'oh no, it's too powerful' when dealing with a powerful magical threat, I would like to see her use her wits to defeat said powerful magical threat.

I love the idea of backwards titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm glad to see Zatanna getting her own arc. I'm hoping to see more of her personal life (if she even has one) and what she's like with her protege's.

If Zachary shows up, even better.
    Honestly, I wish it was Zachary on the Team and Zee on JL from the start. With Tim as Robin, Bart as Impulse/Kid Flash and Connor as Speedy/Arrow but I guess that wouldn't fit with the shows ethos.

Is it too much to hope that one of those proteges is Raven? I guess not but there is a lot of cool contrasts between Zee and Raven. One is light, the other is dark. One has a good relationship with their father, the other has a terrible relationship with theirs.

It's weird that we have gotten Cybrog and Beast Boy but no Starfire and Raven and Donna is basically non existent.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

It's weird that we have gotten Cybrog and Beast Boy but no Starfire and Raven and Donna is basically non existent.
    Donna was not allowed to be used in season 1, by the time they got her they had to use her differently. She is still Diana sister but working as diplomat is actually very cool idea for both her and Garth

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Donna was not allowed to be used in season 1, by the time they got her they had to use her differently. She is still Diana sister but working as diplomat is actually very cool idea for both her and Garth
    I'm still waiting for them to actually acknowledge the Donna Troy name since they call her "Troia" all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Yeah, I know that.

December can't come soon enough.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

YAY! More Lacey Chabert as Zatanna.

LaceyLeggy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    YAY! More Lacey Chabert as Zatanna.

LaceyLeggy.jpg
    This makes me think she could really pull off cosplaying as Zee...