Page 119 of 133 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 1989
    Last edited by Edwin30; 12-03-2021 at 11:54 AM.

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Looks like you guys sort of got your wish!

Zatanna refers to the group as Sentinels of Magic in the episode ("You're all becoming great Sentinels of Magic")

Quote Originally Posted by TheCasualReader View Post

Zatanna refers to the group as Sentinels of Magic in the episode ("You're all becoming great Sentinels of Magic")
    I guess the young magic heroes needed their own name.

JLD Annual 2021 Review:

-I've seen a lot of the reviewers says they disliked Christopher Mitten's art but personally I enjoyed it and I thought it fit the story.

-Weird how this is set after the JL #71 and #72 which hasn't been released yet. I'm guessing there was some kind of production delay.

-Dan Watter has story and script credits. Is he going to take over after Ram V?

-Ram writes a good Mr E. This feels totally in character for him and I like how this feels like the same Mr E from Books of Magic still walking backwards from the end of time. Overall, Ram V nails the voices of every character. Given how simplistic comic books can sometimes be I really appreciate the fact that he is using a broader range of vocabulary than what you might expect from a typical comic book.

-Chimp continues to be my favorite JLD member.

-I like the idea of Hauhet possibly being the new guide for Dr Fate.

-Sadly, Zatanna doesn't come off well in this story at all. No adequate explanation for her decision to UDM a secret and she continues to make even more bad decisions this time with Khalid included. What's even sadder is that this is in line with how Neil Gaiman wrote Zatanna in Books of Magic. I love the book except for Zee's characterization in it. In that story, she acted like a complete idiot by knowingly endangering Tim Hunter by taking him to that magicians gathering then when confroted by malevolent magical entities, she loses her nerve, gets scared and Constantine comes in to save the day. Then immediately afterwards she is all 'oh yeah I could have handled that'. It was grossly out of character especially since she was the most powerful and most useful member of JLA at the time who helped save the day even after getting de powered. However, her characterization in BoM as well as Swamp Thing #50 (so basically all the comics with her and Constantine) have become the entire basis of the character with a few dashes of Morrison's Seven Soldiers thrown in.

-I'm not too thrilled with the set up for another great big cosmic threat. We've already dealt with Pralaya, Upside Down Man, The Batman Who Laughs and now there is someone else that Yuga Khan was preparing Merlin to fight? It's like a Russian nesting doll of cosmic level threats. I like Merlin as a villains since the DCU version has done some sketchy stuff in the past (see Madame Xanadu series and btw, where is Madame Xanadu? She has history with Merlin too). I wish this team had more varied threats than just next level cosmic beings as threats.

Young Justice Ep 009 Review

-Zatanna had a weird pause before she said the three were his best students. The fact that Mary retorted saying they are her only students seems to imply that that wasn't what she originally wanted to say. There is also the moment where she tells Mary that she acts too much like a superhero. There is a lot of other moments where Zee acts weirdly (like at Xanadu's shop). Is she setting up these kids to be the new host of Nabu so she could finally be reunited with her father? If so, that's a very dark path for the character to go down. I will wait and see how this unfolds.

- Madame Xanadu is finally acting like Madame Xanadu. I was annoyed with the handling of the character in S1 where she was revealed as a fraud. Greg retconned this so this version ended up becoming Madame Xanadu anyway. It's not the Nimue I know but this is an alternate universe. Fitting that both Madame Xanadu and Phantom Stranger appeared in the same episode.

-Khalid seems to have recognized Kent's name so it's likely that his familial connection to Kent is canon to this universe as well.

-The Child is creepy. I noticed her anchor was the 'Star of Atlantis'. I'm really curious about who she is and why she rattles Klarion so much.

-Klarion is such an entertaining brat. My only complaint about the fight scene is there are too many characters standing around doing nothing while one of their team mates are getting attacked. Did Zatanna not teach them any team combos or anything like that? And why did Klarion try to choke them with his hands after multiplying? Is he not able to use any magical powers after he pulls a Shadow Clone Jutsu?

- Wasn't expecting the untold history of Savage and Klarion. Wait, Savage birthed the meta humans, cut deals with Darkseid (in season 2), and founded Atlantis? He really is responsible for everything in this show isn't he?

-"I, the Phantom Stranger, shall spend the next twenty minutes ominously explaining to Vandal Savage about things he already knows in a conversation that in fact makes no sense in universe and only exists for the benefit of the viewer."

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    JLD Annual 2021 Review:

-Weird how this is set after the JL #71 and #72 which hasn't been released yet. I'm guessing there was some kind of production delay.
    Yeah - so why the hell wasn't the annual also delayed? Releasing the story out of order makes no sense.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

-Zatanna had a weird pause before she said the three were his best students. The fact that Mary retorted saying they are her only students seems to imply that that wasn't what she originally wanted to say. There is also the moment where she tells Mary that she acts too much like a superhero. There is a lot of other moments where Zee acts weirdly (like at Xanadu's shop). Is she setting up these kids to be the new host of Nabu so she could finally be reunited with her father? If so, that's a very dark path for the character to go down. I will wait and see how this unfolds.

- Madame Xanadu is finally acting like Madame Xanadu. I was annoyed with the handling of the character in S1 where she was revealed as a fraud. Greg retconned this so this version ended up becoming Madame Xanadu anyway. It's not the Nimue I know but this is an alternate universe. Fitting that both Madame Xanadu and Phantom Stranger appeared in the same episode.

-Khalid seems to have recognized Kent's name so it's likely that his familial connection to Kent is canon to this universe as well.

-The Child is creepy. I noticed her anchor was the 'Star of Atlantis'. I'm really curious about who she is and why she rattles Klarion so much.

-Klarion is such an entertaining brat. My only complaint about the fight scene is there are too many characters standing around doing nothing while one of their team mates are getting attacked. Did Zatanna not teach them any team combos or anything like that? And why did Klarion try to choke them with his hands after multiplying? Is he not able to use any magical powers after he pulls a Shadow Clone Jutsu?

- Wasn't expecting the untold history of Savage and Klarion. Wait, Savage birthed the meta humans, cut deals with Darkseid (in season 2), and founded Atlantis? He really is responsible for everything in this show isn't he?

-"I, the Phantom Stranger, shall spend the next twenty minutes ominously explaining to Vandal Savage about things he already knows in a conversation that in fact makes no sense in universe and only exists for the benefit of the viewer."
    I think Zatanna just being chalant there. Its kinda break my heart if Zatanna take that dark path. Its kinda against her message to Khalid about "fixing what You break or bend". Zee still feel some guilty about her father situation. Lowkey kinda hope that Zatanna become a little bit overcompesanting is because her father urging situation and Conner death.

With message about balance in this Zatanna arc, I suspect Chaos elemental sending another Lord of Chaos to counterbalance the Order. I think we can speculate based on Giovanni Zatara rapidly worsened situation, there a lot of works/things done by Nabu that tip the scale of balance. Its look like something bad gonna happen to Lord of Order as there are now 2 Lord of Chaos or at least 1 with more threatening vibe. After this event I guess Nabu gonna be more lenient with his host in the future.

At this rate I wouldn't suprised if Vandal Savage manage to get a deal with Anti Monitor. Also I laughed hard with that your last point

It did strike my mind, what with Khalid being there, whether she's planning on prepping one of them to be the next Fate, but I'd have to think she'd get their consent for that because she knows what that does to people.
    He just has to talk sometimes .

Bellisima, love Zee hair there

Quote Originally Posted by TheCasualReader View Post

I kinda suprised Zatanna already drop that. I'm still thought they gonna form the group at later episode as some of Magic folks recently notified about the chaos wave. Curios if they already forming it now or not

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I think this is budget reasons because I noticed they've been doing this a lot ever since season 3. Season 1 and 2 never had characters just standing there like wallpaper unless they were planning something.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It did strike my mind, what with Khalid being there, whether she's planning on prepping one of them to be the next Fate, but I'd have to think she'd get their consent for that because she knows what that does to people.

He just has to talk sometimes .
    I don't think Zatanna intends for any of her students to become Doctor Fate. As of now, it's effectively sacrificing your life for the greater good and Zatanna seems to genuinely care about her students too much to make me believe she'd be readying them to be sacrificed. If anything, everything she's experienced with Nabu would make her the person who'd argue with them if they agree to become the host.

That's why I think it's going to be something bittersweet, such as that Zatanna gets her father back but she loses one of her proteges because Khalid becomes Nabu's apprentice/host. The classic of getting what you wanted and hoped for but not in the way you ever wanted to get it.

I can see Zatanna having a darkest moment where she momentarily contemplates the possibility but then feels incredibly guilty about it.
    Last edited by TheCasualReader; 12-04-2021 at 05:47 AM.

Loved the first episode of Zee's arc in YJ. Was pretty meh toward the JLD annual. I did like Mister E. But I hope Zee is setting him up and not the other way around.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I don't particularly care for Young Justice. I've tried on three occasions in my life to give it a shot and it just never really appeals to me.

That said, would the Zatanna episode be worth checking out as someone who doesn't really care for the show?
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I don't particularly care for Young Justice. I've tried on three occasions in my life to give it a shot and it just never really appeals to me.

That said, would the Zatanna episode be worth checking out as someone who doesn't really care for the show?
    probably not then

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post

I don't really care about Young Justice either and like you, I tried to give it a shot several times but to no avail. I did enjoy this episode so I'd say that it's a worth try if there's something about the episode or arc that sounds like it might be interesting to you.

You can always check out scenes on Youtube if you don't want to commit to sitting down for a whole episode. Just type "young justice season 4 episode 9 scene" into the search.

All that said, this episode is mainly about setting up the arc. The ball's been kicked off but we haven't seen any of the game yet so it may be worth waiting until the second episode to see what the actual play is.

EDIT: Actually, forget about what I said in the third paragraph - I could already tell that I wouldn't care about the first arcs just by the premise and the lack of interest in the characters involved so, if nothing in the first episode of the arc piques your interest, the rest of the episodes probably won't matter.
    Last edited by TheCasualReader; 12-04-2021 at 06:32 PM.