Page 124 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 1989

Does Zee do any magic in this episode?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    Does Zee do any magic in this episode?
    She did her "Father lend me your power something something" spell where she brings out Fate's Ankh to teleport everyone to Fates tower, but that apparently calling on Fate's power takes a lot out of her and she spent the rest of the episode talking to Fate trying to get him to get off his ass while he put her protege's through some character building acid trips.
    Last edited by Mojo; 12-16-2021 at 05:57 AM.

Just saw the latest episode and I am done with Young Justice. I hit my breaking point when Zatara started " Our father in heaven.." . As a Catholic, I found that really cringey.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Another episode in her arc that's really good and expands on the magic side of the DCU... but still feels like it's sidelining Zatanna herself, though her conversations with Fate were interesting and Zatara got a great moment.
    I wish she had done more. Her dad had to convince Fate to help more than she did.
    Also that was a great Mary Marvel design and I hope it's not the only time we see it.
    I didn't like the design myself. Without the skirt and the way they handled it made it look like she's wearing PJ's. Felt more generic.
    Just saw the latest episode and I am done with Young Justice. I hit my breaking point when Zatara started " Our father in heaven.." . As a Catholic, I found that really cringey.
    I did think it made a parallel with Khalid citing his faith to overcome his trial...and it seems like Zee knows he's the next Fate?

Still feel like this arc is doing the bare minimum with her so far.

Extraordinary Member

It didn’t occur to me Zatarra could just die in battle and Khalid would put on the helmet…..

I was hoping to see Zatanna go recruit but she is really betting on her students. Why does she think they are ready, she can’t even stand up to klarion.

So now we’re gonna have to wait until the next episode to see what three or four DC mages they pull up.

Still hoping for
    Tempest
    Constantine/Faust
    Madame Xanadu
    Blue devil
    Raven

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It didn’t occur to me Zatarra could just die in battle and Khalid would put on the helmet…..

I was hoping to see Zatanna go recruit but she is really betting on her students. Why does she think they are ready, she can’t even stand up to klarion.

So now we’re gonna have to wait until the next episode to see what three or four DC mages they pull up.

Still hoping for
    Tempest
    Constantine/Faust
    Madame Xanadu
    Blue devil
    Raven
    well the hints got stronger especially now Nabu seems gonna be more coorperative

I mean thats why Zee asking Phantom Stranger and Jason to search other helps while She confront Dr. Fate. As mortal mage, She doing fine with Klarion before in season 3 especially now with Ankh spells and allies especially Dr Fate that counter hard chaos magic

I expect Phantom Stranger reinforcements come at episode 13.

Overall same kinda hoping more for Zee, sure it nice to see her believing her proteges and stand on against Dr. Fate. Vandal background on this one seems repetitive and kinda painted him badly as rather than genuinely want to protect Earth, he just simply annoyed by his generals. Can't say I'm hopeful for the rest of the episodes

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wish she had done more. Her dad had to convince Fate to help more than she did.

I didn't like the design myself. Without the skirt and the way they handled it made it look like she's wearing PJ's. Felt more generic.

I did think it made a parallel with Khalid citing his faith to overcome his trial...and it seems like Zee knows he's the next Fate?

Still feel like this arc is doing the bare minimum with her so far.
    It'd be pretty fucked up if they reveal Zatanna was specifically training Khalid to groom him to take the Helmet, basically trading him for her father. (granted I think Nabu's going to realize Dr.Fate is meant to be both him and the Host and that'll turn into a more equal partership rather than him meatpuppeting people)

As someone said this was the weakest Savage flashback, there wasn't a need to explain WHY Starro invaded Babylonia and involve Savage and Klarion in it, he's Starro he conquers ****, he's going through space relaxing all cool being an evil Space Starfish see's planet with fledging civilization and goes "Ooo Ima conquer that". Plus Savage getting that petty over being annoyed at some generals felt OOC for how he's been presented till now.

I do like how they incorporated the concept of Faith with Khaild and Zatara, it felt respectful without going "This religion is good or bad" or just "Religion is bad or good" in general just "This is what their faith means to these characters". Im not Religious but you don't see Faith used that way all that much and it's kind of a shame.

Also to the last person, Zatanna normally can't stand up to Klarion, she can do better than most but she was able to beat him in S3 because he wasn't expecting her to be able to tap into Fate's power via her connection to Zatara it was an unknown factor to him, when she tried the same trick in S4 he brushed it off because he knew she could do it and saw it coming. It was also stated in this episode that doing that takes a lot out of her, much more so than her normal magic.

speaking of Klarion. RIP.

I feel they should of stuck some of the history stuff in the last arc, it'd of felt disconnected at the time but it would of led into this one, and lets be honest while the Artemis arc was good it was basically a big bottle episode that had almost nothing to do with the overarching plot so now the plot has to play catch up and that cuts into character time.
    Last edited by Mojo; 12-16-2021 at 06:52 PM.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Neal Adams.

NealAdamsZee.jpg

Are the writers of Young Justice really interested in writing Zatanna? The story so far seems to be building up her proteges. I don't think she'll do anything significant this arc.

This is just the JLD apokolips war. Why even call it JLD when Zee has less than 2 mins of screen time?

Zatanna on one of the variants for the Sensational Wonder Woman one-shot in March.

Are the writers of Young Justice really interested in writing Zatanna? The story so far seems to be building up her proteges. I don't think she'll do anything significant this arc.

This is just the JLD apokolips war. Why even call it JLD when Zee has less than 2 mins of screen time?
    I think it's just a flaw of the writing for the show that, very often, the plots and side-characters take up more focus than the "main characters" because the focus of the show shifts so frequently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Zatanna on one of the variants for the Sensational Wonder Woman one-shot in March.

Diana teaming up with a bunch of female heroes ?

Oof, that Vixen costume is back...

I think it's just a flaw of the writing for the show that, very often, the plots and side-characters take up more focus than the "main characters" because the focus of the show shifts so frequently.

Diana teaming up with a bunch of female heroes ?

Oof, that Vixen costume is back...
    No murderous clown or her equally annoying girlfriend though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    No murderous clown or her equally annoying girlfriend though.
    You don't care for Ivy, either?

You don't care for Ivy, either?
    Guilty by association.

Yeah and the constant flashbacks have gotten annoying. I hope Zatanna gets more focus on the last two episodes but I'm not expecting anything.