Page 126 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 1989
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I hope she is taken off of JLD and put on another team. I've had enough of the team and the concept. It hasn't done the character any favors.
    That could also be nice, or them heavily retooling JLD to be more "Justice League" and less "Dark". Getting rid of Constantine and go for something more superheroic. I also wonder if JLD's "Dark/serious" direction is what is keeping the current leather pants outfit around and somebody thinks fishnets/the stage magician outfit would go against that. In any case she needs a change in direction from what JLDs been doing with her.

Extraordinary Member

I hope she is taken off of JLD and put on another team. I've had enough of the team and the concept. It hasn't done the character any favors.

I'll check it out and recommend it if it's any good.

But I gotta agree, something that sounded promising has a very Constantine-shaped stain on it.
    Where else can she go?

The Justice League, duh.

Reaffirm her history and character development when she was in the League.

Maybe a different spin off League with Wonder Woman, Zatanna, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Flash (Wally West), Raven, Shazam, Blue Devil and Detective Chimp specializing in dealing with magical threats. Call it 'Justice League Magic' or 'Justice League Arcane'.

Also, do a solo series; a YA style retelling of 'Zatanna's Search', the story arc with her mother and culminates in her adopting a look that fits her best.

Incredible Member

The Justice League, duh.

Maybe a different spin off League with Wonder Woman, Zatanna, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Flash (Wally West), Raven, Shazam, Blue Devil and Detective Chimp specializing in dealing with magical threats. Call it 'Justice League Magic' or 'Justice League Arcane'.

Also, do a solo series; a YA style retelling of 'Zatanna's Search', the story arc with her mother and culminates in her adopting a look that fits her best.
    Justice League Arcana is a much better name for a magic baed JL than "Justice League Dark".

I'll check it out and recommend it if it's any good.

But I gotta agree, something that sounded promising has a very Constantine-shaped stain on it.
    The reviews here of Zee's YJ arc have been what's kept me away from that so far, so I'll probably do it for this Urban Legend story too.

The Justice League, duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    Justice League Arcana is a much better name for a magic baed JL than "Justice League Dark".
    Yeah, "Justice League Archane" is easily a better name.

Extraordinary Member

The Justice League, duh.

The justice league has been an uninteresting bore for a while tho.

Also what you put together is Justice league dark with different members and team name. So you want the same thing but better and actually focusing on her. Which is a fair want. However I can’t see DC putting a magical team of any kind without Constantine.

I wish Zatanna sensed what was happening in Titans academy like raven is and could
    Assist with Dane.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    The reviews here of Zee's YJ arc have been what's kept me away from that so far, so I'll probably do it for this Urban Legend story too.

Avoiding Zatanna material becuase of Constantine will do her no favors.

Zatanna, Artemis, Dick and Wally by ghostpainters (https://ghostpainters.tumblr.com/):

STAR Labs? Why's Wally wearing their logo? Flash is only linked to them in the Arrowverse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    With Justice League and JLD getting at least something of a relaunch (They'll be getting new creative teams in April if not new #1's) I'm hoping Zatanna will finally get a chance to either adopt her Future State costume, or just return her to a classic stage magician outfit like it's on the on the sensational Wonder Woman cover or in YJ. Let this leather slacks street outfit phase be over soon.
    Wait, what? Have both creative teams announced their departures? The solicit only confirms Bendis is gone. Not Dark's writer Ram V.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-19-2021 at 09:54 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    That's only assuming she's used well in-spite of Constantine being there.

I don't have a thing against Constantine but I think there's definitely a trend of Zee not being written or used as well as she could be when he's around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    STAR Labs? Why's Wally wearing their logo? Flash is only linked to them in the Arrowverse.
    Fanart.

Astonishing Member

However I can’t see DC putting a magical team of any kind without Constantine.
    Maybe the best solution would be to reform the JLD as a Constantine-less Justice League Mage or some such, by creating a new JL subset and assigning John to it. Let him be the SOB-in-chief of JL Obnoxious, perhaps. I'm sure you all can think of an appropriate roster.

I would rather they find a way to revamp her original nemesis; Allura. Plus revamped versions of the Druid, the Warlock of Ys and the High Lord of the Hidden City.

Not really feeling Klarion. I think he would be a better enemy for Raven or Zachary.

Though I always wanted to see Zatanna take on Abra Kadabra and Dr Alchemy from the Flash Rogues.
    "Witching Hour"/"Witching War" has me interested in the idea of something with Circe up against Zatanna. At least for a story.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    Maybe the best solution would be to reform the JLD as a Constantine-less Justice League Mage or some such, by creating a new JL subset and assigning John to it. Let him be the SOB-in-chief of JL Obnoxious, perhaps. I'm sure you all can think of an appropriate roster.
    Got it.

DC Comics Proudly presents "Justice League Obnoxious";
    John Constantine
    Harley Quinn
    Damien Wayne
    Poison Ivy
    Triumph
    Max Lord

We'll let you know if it's worth picking up.

Any name is better than one that makes it sound like a coffee order.

Also what you put together is Justice league dark with different members and team name. So you want the same thing but better and actually focusing on her. Which is a fair want. However I canÂ’t see DC putting a magical team of any kind without Constantine.

I wish Zatanna sensed what was happening in Titans academy like raven is and could
    Assist with Dane.
    Pretty much. Also to better represent 'magic' in the DCU since not all magic is dark. Also to break away from the constant cycles of one all-powerful cosmic threat being replaced by the next all powerful cosmic threat. I also want to add in Vixen to the roster as well. Since she is a friend of Zatanna and WW, a magic character and League member in her own right as well.

Only reason John is popular is because he got a series as soon as he was introduced and DC kept running it until it hit 300's even though by the 00's it was sold at cancellation numbers. Plus they push him in adaptations as DC's answer to Dr Strange. Zatanna was introduced in 1964 and we had to wait until 2010 for her to get an ongoing which ended up getting curtailed by the worlds most poorly concieved reboot. And now her entire character revolves around this mess of a man even though Zatanna existed for 20 years for Constantine and Moore initially paired because John was a new character and needed footing in the DCU. DC doesn't push their other magical heroes at all the same way they do Constantine.

Not following TTA much so I can't comment.

Meh, we are consumers. We vote with our wallets. I'm not so desperate for content that I will put up with any ol' bullshit just because a character I like is in it. Supporting anything which pairs Zatanna and Constantine only sends the message that we want them together which I absolutely refuse to do. I'll monetarily support any Zee content that does not include Constantine.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wait, what? Have both creative teams announced their departures? The solicit only confirms Bendis is gone. Not Dark's writer Ram V.
    Ram V announced his departure a couple of months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    "Witching Hour"/"Witching War" has me interested in the idea of something with Circe up against Zatanna. At least for a story.
    That would be cool. Though I would like to see Zatanna's own Rogues be more established before they go with shared villains.

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Yeah, if you're watching it for Zatanna, it's going to disappoint: she's there, she's participating but it's not her arc - it's a magic arc and she's just one of the characters in it.

In three episodes, she also hasn't had much meaningful interaction with her students, which is disappointing because I liked their interactions in the first episode of the arc. I liked the scene where she offered constructive critique and then tried to cheer her students up when they took it too hard (because of their individual insecurities)

Also, I liked that she was the kind of fun mentor who decided that the best means of transportion was flying carousel animals.
    Last edited by TheCasualReader; 12-19-2021 at 02:54 PM.

Well, either that or she's number 1 for best legs .