Page 127 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 1989

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    That could also be nice, or them heavily retooling JLD to be more "Justice League" and less "Dark". Getting rid of Constantine and go for something more superheroic. I also wonder if JLD's "Dark/serious" direction is what is keeping the current leather pants outfit around and somebody thinks fishnets/the stage magician outfit would go against that. In any case she needs a change in direction from what JLDs been doing with her.
    Hope she got a "Renaissance" moment for her like when she don the new 52 black superhero outfit with the fishnet back. Embracing classic good things while adapting to the new challenges.

Suprised Gail doesn't choosing Dinah especially with her tenure Benes in Birds of Prey. Guess the coat tails covered rear of Zee is more mysterious and enticing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCasualReader View Post
    Yeah, if you're watching it for Zatanna, it's going to disappoint: she's there, she's participating but it's not her arc - it's a magic arc and she's just one of the characters in it.

In three episodes, she also hasn't had much meaningful interaction with her students, which is disappointing because I liked their interactions in the first episode of the arc. I liked the scene where she offered constructive critique and then tried to cheer her students up when they took it too hard (because of their individual insecurities)

Also, I liked that she was the kind of fun mentor who decided that the best means of transportion was flying carousel animals.
    I like that she believes them and her constructive criticisms is helping her proteges to overcome their self doubt. Using all of skills for Traci, Balance for Khalid, "spread your wings" for Mary use of her magic. Yeah it's bit jarring when Megan and Artemis still got a clear focus and development for themselves.

I wonder if YJ Zatanna have pupaphobia like in the comic and Nabu being jerk by giving creepy puppets for Traci for Zee to witness xd

Tumblr_l_3320549156491.jpg

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    Hope she got a "Renaissance" moment for her like when she don the new 52 black superhero outfit with the fishnet back. Embracing classic good things while adapting to the new challenges.

Suprised Gail doesn't choosing Dinah especially with her tenure Benes in Birds of Prey. Guess the coat tails covered rear of Zee is more mysterious and enticing.

I like that she believes them and her constructive criticisms is helping her proteges to overcome their self doubt. Using all of skills for Traci, Balance for Khalid, "spread your wings" for Mary use of her magic. Yeah it's bit jarring when Megan and Artemis still got a clear focus and development for themselves.

I wonder if YJ Zatanna have pupaphobia like in the comic and Nabu being jerk by giving creepy puppets for Traci for Zee to witness xd

Tumblr_l_3320549156491.jpg
    KILL THEM WITH FIRE!!!!111oneoneone
    Assassinate Putin!

-Huh, thought for sure Gail was going to mention the WW or BC. But I guess different strokes for different folks.

-The fact that they featured puppets in that YJ episode but didn't reference Zatanna's pupaphobia only shows how poorly they researched the character before incorporating the character into the show.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    We'll let you know if it's worth picking up.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCasualReader View Post
    Yeah, if you're watching it for Zatanna, it's going to disappoint: she's there, she's participating but it's not her arc - it's a magic arc and she's just one of the characters in it.

In three episodes, she also hasn't had much meaningful interaction with her students, which is disappointing because I liked their interactions in the first episode of the arc. I liked the scene where she offered constructive critique and then tried to cheer her students up when they took it too hard (because of their individual insecurities)

Also, I liked that she was the kind of fun mentor who decided that the best means of transportion was flying carousel animals.
    I'm sure I'll be content to just watch "Young Justice Season 4; All Zatanna Scenes" compilation that someone will inevitably upload on YouTube.

Zatanna is the one character I’d like to see Gail come back and write.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

-Huh, thought for sure Gail was going to mention the WW or BC. But I guess different strokes for different folks.

-The fact that they featured puppets in that YJ episode but didn't reference Zatanna's pupaphobia only shows how poorly they researched the character before incorporating the character into the show.
    Not everything has to be referenced or acknowledged... would be so awkward to go from a serious tone to a slightly comedic one by having zatanna interject during traci's moment that she has puppophobia. And puppet zatanna referencing her own puppaphobia wouldn't be relevant since the puppet is focused on tormenting traci...

References should feel natural imo...
    Last edited by Thephantasm; 12-19-2021 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thephantasm View Post
    Not everything has to be referenced or acknowledged... would be so awkward to go from a serious tone to a slightly comedic one by having zatanna interject during traci's moment that she has puppophobia. And puppet zatanna referencing her own puppaphobia wouldn't be relevant since the puppet is focused on tormenting traci...

References should feel natural imo...
    Something is better than nothing. And it doesn't fit the scene because they set it up that way. Just like introducing the Homo Magi but giving all of it's relevance to Vandal Savage.

Alright then...

Spectacular Member

Something is better than nothing. And it doesn't fit the scene because they set it up that way. Just like introducing the Homo Magi but giving all of it's relevance to Vandal Savage.
    But... still what would be the point. Just to go "oh Zatanna has issues with Puppets!" like what does that actually add to anything other than being wink to hardcore fans of the character.

As for Savage, in their version of the DCU he's tied to many things, but he's still only really tied to the Homo Magi because Arion happened to be his Son here and HE Spawned them.

I'm not mad, just disappointed that the hyped Zatanna arc barely features her character in it.

The show is free to tell whatever story they want and we are free to express what we liked and disliked about it.

Anyway, this thread is kind of negative lately.

Here is some fan art:

Last edited by John Venus; 12-20-2021 at 05:03 AM.

By kiwistrashcache (https://kiwistrashcache.tumblr.com/t...tanna%20zatara)

Zatara's At Lunch With Kyle Sketching Them (https://dyketectivecomics.tumblr.com...nch-the-artist (the artist seem to have deleted there Tumblr account):

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Zatanna is the one character I’d like to see Gail come back and write.
    She'd do a great job, I feel .

Definitely could balance the fun and the creepy magic stuff quite well...

Anyway, this thread is kind of negative lately.

Here is some fan art:

welp, here comes the cavalry

Zatanna suprise attack.jpg

The Model and The Magician by DrawingEisu
    https://drawingeisu.tumblr.com/post/...tioned-an-idea

model_and_the_magician_by_eisu_d93n3s1.jpg

Zatanna and Fate Holy Ankh, guided by her Father by Ali.Yahfoufi.art

Zatanna YJ Phantoms by Ali Yahfoufi.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She'd do a great job, I feel .

Definitely could balance the fun and the creepy magic stuff quite well...
    Exactly why I want her! She could do funny and she can do f***ed up and that’s a line Zatanna walks all the time.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/