Page 131 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133 LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 1989
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    Well I knew this last episode was gonna disappoint me.
    Not surprised at all. YJ never treated her like a main character.
    It feels in character for YJ Zatana, she ALWAYS resented Nabu for making her dad his host and would do anything to rid him of that burden. The moments I saw her students, I assumed one of them would willing take the helmet or she would persuade one of them to take it.

lol, looks like I made the right call to not watch past YJ season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I don't know why everyone is so surprised by this, I assumed that was her goal from the start.
    from her criticisms to Khalid she said to fix what they bend plus You can she how she is so guilty of her father of course she would fix it herself while training the proteges to save guard the world. In comic she also have a habit torturing herself to get the job done rather than sacrificing the others. It just it's doesn't struck me She gonna be that bad. Also no exploration of how can she develop this decision to make us feel some sympathy. It just outright making her as the secret villain and Vandal is the hero all along
    Last edited by Mai Zen; 12-30-2021 at 09:18 AM.

It feels in character for YJ Zatana, she ALWAYS resented Nabu for making her dad his host and would do anything to rid him of that burden. The moments I saw her students, I assumed one of them would willing take the helmet or she would persuade one of them to take it.
    It might feel in-character, but it doesn't feel very heroic.

Especially for how little else she got in this arc.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Feels like the show dropped the ball on both Zee and Mary Marvel.
    It doesn't help that apparently there was suppose to be a comic tie-in story about the Marvel Family before the comic series was scrapped; I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was gonna be the story of how Mary stopped using the power of Shazam.

I really don't give two shits about Nabu, her father and her proteges. They can all go to hell.

I just wanted Zee to do something fun and creative using magic

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    from her criticisms to Khalid she said to fix what they bend plus You can she how she is so guilty of her father of course she would fix it herself while training the proteges to save guard the world. In comic she also have a habit torturing herself to get the job done rather than sacrificing the others. It just it's doesn't struck me She gonna be that bad. Also no exploration of how can she develop this decision to make us feel some sympathy. It just outright making her as the secret villain and Vandal is the hero all along
    Fixing it herself would probably require her becoming Nabu's next host and she resented Nabu far too much for that.

I don't see Zatanna as a secret villain, she meant well, but letting Nabu use inexperienced hosts will bite everyone in the butt eventually.

Extraordinary Member

Wow what a super shady thing for a hero to do. "Your 18 traci you can decide for yourself" What if Khalid and Traci said no? Then Zatanna and Zatarra would still never be together. Its a choice but not really, because then your the bitch that didnt help. Danm, that some batman ******* hijinkss. The worst part, is mary was so vital to the success, i liked her the most because she would be the only one doing anything, while the others stand still.

Extraordinary Member

Feels like the show dropped the ball on both Zee and Mary Marvel.
    Mary is getting her on series later next yearm and now their is audience who knows who she is. She will be fine, and is clearly retuning

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Wow what a super shady thing for a hero to do. "Your 18 traci you can decide for yourself" What if Khalid and Traci said no? Then Zatanna and Zatarra would still never be together. Its a choice but not really, because then your the bitch that didnt help. Danm, that some batman ******* hijinkss. The worst part, is mary was so vital to the success, i liked her the most because she would be the only one doing anything, while the others stand still.
    Yeah You said that while it was Traci is the MVP with some hack, Mary still using her friends power without consent and if there are not Zatanna shield there are already roasted there. Mary is crucial at the fight but it maybe could present some problem when she don the helmet. But I do agree Mary deserves better treatment in the end and Zee is still very bad here even thought she communicate considerately to Mary. Still should do more efforts for Mary

Well, from the sounds of it at least Constantine didn't show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Mary is getting her on series later next yearm and now their is audience who knows who she is. She will be fine, and is clearly retuning
    It seems like the show retroactively wrote her character to make a Countdown/Final Crisis version actually make sense instead of actually writing her correctly.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    Yeah You said that while it was Traci is the MVP with some hack, Mary still using her friends power without consent and if there are not Zatanna shield there are already roasted there. Mary is crucial at the fight but it maybe could present some problem when she don the helmet. But I do agree Mary deserves better treatment in the end and Zee is still very bad here even thought she communicate considerately to Mary. Still should do more efforts for Mary
    She got what she wanted in the end. it reminded me of this.

Also I know for sure now this is a much weaker version of zatanna, her power is more skill based. She is only half homo magi now. I dont think she could beat a full mary marvel.

I don't expect Zee to show up in the future seasons. They have finished what they started in season 1. Zee has achieved her ultimate goal. She has freed her dad by doing mostly nothing except hiding behind her proteges.

Whoever wrote this arc did a great job setting up future characters but a piss poor job giving satisfying conclusions to existing storylines.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 12-30-2021 at 10:27 AM.

I don't know why everyone is so surprised by this, I assumed that was her goal from the start.
    I suspected it as well and even posted it in the thread. But I figured there would be some kind of twist or loop hole given how obvious they were making it seem. From the sound of things, there wasn't.

Feels like the show dropped the ball on both Zee andMary Marvel.
    Not familiar with Mary. How did they drop the ball with her?

I don't recall her doing anything this shady in her previous appearances. Did they show her having any qualms about it at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Well, from the sounds of it at least Constantine didn't show up.
    Oh don't worry, once JJ Abrams 'JLD' universe is underway we are probably going to be signing praises about YJ S4 Zatanna.