Page 133 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133
Results 1,981 to 1,989 of 1989

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I like that an underrated DC villain is getting focused on over Lex and Joker, but Jesus has Weisman overdone it with the “all according to keikaku” meme.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Agreed.

I used to like this take on Vandal Savage in the earlier seasons but now he's lost some of that coolness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I appreciate (to a certain point) that the show has such competent and effective villains but it feels like the show is starting to get too in love with them.

Like, it doesn't need to be easy but at some point you just want the heroes to beat the @#$% out of the villains instead of some game of cat and mouse with barely any progress all the time.
    You fools, this was all just a part of Vandal Savage's plan.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    JLD appeared in the most recent Flash issue. I recommend checking out the two issues that came out prior to this. Not a lot of Zatanna here but it's okay, she gets the same amount of dialogue as the rest of the team sans Dr Fate who is the co-lead here. It's really nice to see Khalid's Dr Fate written like the Dr Fate I recognize; enigmatic, otherworldly, yet human and so immersed in sorcery that the real world escapes him. At the same time Constatine is thankfully not getting any special treatment here or drawing focus away from other characters.

Anyway, I got a kick out of Wally showing up Constantine here:
    And Wally is now my favorite Flash for that one panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    And Wally is now my favorite Flash for that one panel.
    Wally is immune to fan favoritism:

Last edited by John Venus; 12-31-2021 at 02:33 PM.

Zatanna by Kevin McGuire:

Those bewitching eyes .

As 2021 comes to a close, I feel like it was kind of a rough year for Zee. JLD was relegated to a backup and she decided to keep her secret about the UDM. Her YJ arc was a disappointment. No solo title. No real info on the solo movie. Hoping 2022 is better.

Is there any news from Greg Weisman on why he did that? Make Zatanna a side character in her own arc. Make her do nothing most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    Is there any news from Greg Weisman on why he did that? Make Zatanna a side character in her own arc. Make her do nothing most of the time.
    Just your standard "no spoilers" answer.
    https://twitter.com/Greg_Weisman/sta...wFy_xsO8g&s=19

https://twitter.com/Greg_Weisman/sta...0RFQ9LW7w&s=19

I get it they want to give her a fatal flaw and making mistakes as human being, it just the execution is atrocious. She effectively joining the shady flawed full of secrets OG members board (well maybe except Rocket). Too bad no allocated screentimes to delve deep or trying to make us sympathize to Zee in her own arc.
    Last edited by Mai Zen; 12-31-2021 at 08:41 PM.

Happy New Year!

friends.jpg

2021 may not have been the best year for Zatanna. Lets hope 2022 turns out better for our gal.