Page 2 of 133 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yppah wen reay
    Nmad, hsiw I thguoht ot etirw eht daerht eltit sdrawkcab.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    It was coming out around that Booster Gold run that was predicated on the idea of "solidified time," that some events must happen and that if you try and change them, the timeline will correct and force them to happen anyway.

Barbara Gordon getting crippled was explicitly one of those moments. Booster got mangled tens of times trying to stop it. Bruce found out later on, too. He might have told them. I like to think people of Diana's experience and Zee's knowledge more or less knew of that from their adventures.
    Can't say I am a fan of that take on time travel. Although I like the idea of time being self correcting and not just anybody can mess with it. Much prefer the branching timeline hypothesis where a change in the past only results in an alternate branching timeline with the main timeline being unaffected.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Underrated friendship.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    Awesome. This was part of Zatanna's Search for her Father.
    I hope Ray and Zee have more interactions in the future.

JLA(1997)#69
    This was the last time I saw them interact before IC.
    They look cute together.

I maybe wrong but I think Zatanna is probably the first legacy character of the opposite gender.
    Also the first person she confided in when her powers started waning in the Satellite era JLA. Underrated friendship. Almost too minor to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    It was coming out around that Booster Gold run that was predicated on the idea of "solidified time," that some events must happen and that if you try and change them, the timeline will correct and force them to happen anyway.

Barbara Gordon getting crippled was explicitly one of those moments. Booster got mangled tens of times trying to stop it. Bruce found out later on, too. He might have told them. I like to think people of Diana's experience and Zee's knowledge more or less knew of that from their adventures.
    A stupid concept if there ever was one. If people can't change things that haven't happened yet, then there's no point to life. Everything is predetermined, so why bother?

just saw the Justice League Dark cartoon movie. Really cool overall, good portrayal of Zatanna. Hope to see more of her in cartoons.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Nmad, hsiw I thguoht ot etirw eht daerht eltit sdrawkcab.
    Kind of surprised no one went for it yet, honestly.

Chiang's probably my favorite Zatanna artist. Wish he got to do more on her.

Dustin Nguyen's a pretty underrated Zee artist in my opinion.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Dustin Nguyen's a pretty underrated artist in my opinion.
    Fixed it for you, but yeah, he draws a great Zee.

Quote Originally Posted by Zee_Fan View Post
    Fingers crossed we get a solo series this year.
    I hope so too. But DC needs to be clever about it.
    IMO Zee is really popular among the general population but not so much among the comic book readers. So she might not get the numbers to last very long.

One way to sell her would be to make her book be connected to the Main JLD. Also the tone of the book needs to be serious and have some horror elements.

It's a real shame that the one ongoing she got was at the worst time in her life and that only lasted for 16 issues.
    I feel bad for saying this but I didn't like Paul Dini's run.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 01-04-2021 at 03:07 AM.

I like Dini's characterization of Zatanna but his plots can be meh at times.

I want a Zatanna ongoing too but Zee's been stuck in dark gothic aesthetic of the Nu52 for a decade now, it's time for something new. I don't need every Zatanna story to be spooky but I don't need every story to be light either. I would prefer a mix of both. Build up her supporting characters and bring back characters like Zachary, Dale Colton, Jeff Sloane (albeit revamped) and Tong (again revamped). Enough with the rehashes where she searches for her father or angsts about his death or relationship drama with Constantine/Batman/Nightwing, build up and modernize underused concepts and characters like her mother Sindella and the Hidden City. Build up on her relationship with heroes like Wonder Woman, Black Canary, Batman, Ray Palmer, Hawkman & Hawkgirl, given that they are both in the show biz I'm surprised there hasn't been a cross over between her and Booster Gold. If you need other heroes to beef up her ongoing without overshadowing her throw in Madame Xanadu, Blue Devil, Kid Devil, Traci 13 or Black Alice.

I really enjoyed Paul Dini's book and I'm kind of over super serious supernatural Zee. I'd be fine with a solo book that balanced tones and magic well.

If you see the WandaVision commercials you can see Wanda dressed up like Zatanna.

Love Chiang’s art, pity he never drew a mini or ongoing for her.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I really enjoyed Paul Dini's book and I'm kind of over super serious supernatural Zee. I'd be fine with a solo book that balanced tones and magic well.
    Yup. This right here.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Oh, I wouldn't say that . . .

At first, it seemed like a sweet story, but the more you think about it, it begins to annoy the hell out of you with inconsistencies like Wonder Woman and Zatanna not trying to do anything that would change the expected outcome.
    I never liked this story for that reason. This whole "Fate can't be changed" crap is ridiculous.
    Assassinate Putin!