Page 37 of 133 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast

Digging the tarot card aspect of the last one but my favorite is the first.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    By Jamal Campball:

Attachment 108054
    My preferred casual Zee look.

Love they interaction there, especially when their power is switched and the friendly flirt in the end.

Funny thing is Kyle considered Zatanna is old enough to become his mom, while on that alternate future at Booster Gold run they are married togetherRCO013_1462530926 (2).jpg
    RCO007_1469438360.jpg
    Last edited by Mai Zen; 04-05-2021 at 12:53 AM.

Damn leggy dame at the second pict. Digging the background at third pict

Boisterously Confused

By Jamal Campball:

Attachment 108054
    As much as I prefer the original look, this is very good.

By Travis Moore:

By Travis Moore 1.jpg

By Travis Moore 2.jpg

From Superman/Batman #54, Art by Rag Morales:

Superman Batman 54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    Love they interaction there, especially when their power is switched and the friendly flirt in the end.

Funny thing is Kyle considered Zatanna is old enough to become his mom, while on that alternate future at Booster Gold run they are married togetherRCO013_1462530926 (2).jpg
    RCO007_1469438360.jpg
    Heh, I thought about mentioning the Booster Gold moment but didn't want to spam the thread. I guess Kyle likes older women.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    As much as I prefer the original look, this is very good.
    Yeah, that and Joell Jones look are my favorite casual Zee looks.

Zatanna looking good in that winter coat .

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Please make that canon for all their joint appearances.

Writer of the Zatanna movie talked a bit about it an interview with Variety.

It was recently announced that Fennell would be writing “Zatanna” for the DCEU. The character, which is a similar version to Marvel’s Scarlet Witch, has yet to announce a director, which many are speculating if she will take the reigns for the film. We asked if she was interested in that job, answering, “It’s so exciting. That’s not a conversation that’s happened at all, so I have no insight, and also, we’re still in the early days. It’s something that we’ve been working on for a while. I’ve been speaking to Bad Robot [Productions], who are amazing. You want to get the first bit right, which is the script, before you think of anything else. It’s a very specific thing – the world of superhero movies is incredibly exciting, but it’s also a new different challenge. The main thing for me is making sure that it’s really, really good. I’m such a genre fan. I’m a fan of witchcraft, magic, and comic books, and this is scary and intense

I think she means "scary and intense" to take on, rather than that defining what the actual movie will be like.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think she means "scary and intense" to take on, rather than that defining what the actual movie will be like.
    That's the sense I got to.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    From the context I would say you are probably correct. I don't think she actually revealed anything about this project at all, but that's expected since it's so early.

It way too early to make any guesses about how this movie is going to turn out. Lets hope they are not just trying to ape WandaVision's success as they are ultimately two very different characters even though they have some similarities.

So anyway, one of my favorite YouTuber's, Sasha from Causally Comics, did a video about Zatanna focusing specifically on Identity Crisis and the mind wipe fiasco:

It covers a lot of stuff that we already talked about in this thread but if you want to give someone a quick and casual breakdown for why IC sucked for Zatanna, this would be the video to link to. She also covers how, like Scarlet Witch in House of M, Zatanna was used as a prop in the story and how writers kept flip flopping on her characterization and how the mind wipe was a stain that never really went away. Interestingly enough, she drawn a straight line from IC to JLD by pointing out how IC pushed Zatanna to more morally ambiguous territory which later made her a better fit for the darker, more morally ambiguous magical superhero team. (Also, interesting that she says that the Constantine pairing is controversial since I rarely see people outside of this forum dislike that pairing.)

Quick question:

-Do you pronounce it Za-tuh-na or Za-TA-nnA?

-How morally ambiguous should she be? I don't want the character to become too morally gray or dark. OTOH, one of the ways to challenge characters who are absurdly powerful is to put them in situations where you question how they use their abilities. Are there situations where magic would be the worst possible application of her abilities? Was she right to mind wipe villains to protect the heroes loved ones? One of the interesting things about Seven Soldiers was that she made a mistake with her powers and unleashed something powerful and dangerous and had to clean it up.