Page 4 of 133 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    Mark Brooks draws an amazing Zee .

So I was reading the Catwoman: Friends or Foe trade that includes that amazing issue of Selina and Zee in a bar brawl (#18), and in the back of the trade they had some lineart that had Zee sporting fishnets while in the final comic she's wearing pants.

I guess the original intention was for her to be in her classic look before Joelle Jones got the memo about her JLD design being her current look so she changed it.

Justice league dark (2018) #5

Zatanna knows how to trick the bond of an enchanted object without speaking backwards. Imagine doing this to someone like Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I like it too. Especially given the reason why she wore it:

Attachment 104531

Attachment 104532

Attachment 104533
    An excellent point in its favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    An excellent point in its favor.
    Conway did a Zatanna Special in the 80's which featured her wearing the stage outfit for performances and the Perez costume for superhero stuff, which is how I think it should be (though I wouldn't mind the Perez outfit getting a redesign).

Speaking of Conway, he, for some reason, took his name off of that Special. It was a mess but it seemed like he had plans for her that never quite panned out the way he wanted to. I always wondered what that was about. I should ask him about that one of these days.

Glamorous Zatanna is glamorous .
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Conway did a Zatanna Special in the 80's which featured her wearing the stage outfit for performances and the Perez costume for superhero stuff, which is how I think it should be (though I wouldn't mind the Perez outfit getting a redesign).

Speaking of Conway, he, for some reason, took his name off of that Special. It was a mess but it seemed like he had plans for her that never quite panned out the way he wanted to. I always wondered what that was about. I should ask him about that one of these days.
    A similar take to the current DC Super Hero Girls cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    *ahem* I am looking respectfully as the memesters say.
    Justice league dark (2018) #5

Zatanna knows how to trick the bond of an enchanted object without speaking backwards. Imagine doing this to someone like Thor.
    Did she just shatter reality itself with a simple slash motion to promptly travel to another preternatural and transcendental magical dimension? And she knew this literal reality fracturing ability since she was eight years-old? This is the craziest thing I have seen today, albeit it is fictional but still.
    "I swear to god, if I get banned..."

I haven't read the main JL story yet, but I thought the JLD FS story was really good. Looking forward to part II. And I really like how Marcio draws Zee. I think she looks great in it. Still hoping that look, or a variation of it, becomes her standard JLD look.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I like Zatanna's look there better than in main continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zee_Fan View Post
    I haven't read the main JL story yet, but I thought the JLD FS story was really good. Looking forward to part II. And I really like how Marcio draws Zee. I think she looks great in it. Still hoping that look, or a variation of it, becomes her standard JLD look.
    I really enjoyed it too. If this is what we could expect from Ram V's JLD in Infinite Frontier than I'm excited. Too bad it's just a back up.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

DC’s site now has Zatanna: The Jewel of the Gravesend listed for release in August. Hopefully that holds true and it was just pushed back instead of canceled.