Page 48 of 133 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    We need a Zatanna solo before the movie comes out.

I don't want people to read Paul Dini's 2010 run.
    IMO it was terrible how he handled the whole mindwipe situation.

It would be better to have another writer work on a Zatanna solo book and have that be the first thing people pick up to know more about Zee.
    ...Did it even come up in that run? Or was it when Zatara made her forget something?

I remember it coming up in Dini's 'Tec run where he had Bruce finally forgive her or move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ...Did it even come up in that run? Or was it when Zatara made her forget something?

I remember it coming up in Dini's 'Tec run where he had Bruce finally forgive her or move on.
    Yes it comes up a half dozen times starting with the Nightmare demon tormenting her on the minds she broke.

I read the Tec issues again and I hated it.
    Zatanna comes off as - " I already apologized and now it's up to you to forgive me".

The Tec issues should have been about Zatanna realizing how she had hurt Batman and attempting to make amends.

But instead we have another Batman saves a damsel in distress story. Batman has to find it in his heart to forgive Zee. Ugh

In the end it's Batman who grows up. It's Batman who apologizes for being mad at Zee.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 04-26-2021 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    Yes it comes up a half dozen times starting with the Nightmare demon tormenting her on the minds she broke.

I read the Tec issues again and I hated it.
    Zatanna comes off as - " I already apologized and now it's up to you to forgive me".

The Tec issues should have been about Zatanna realizing how she had hurt Batman and attempting to make amends.

But instead we have another Batman saves a damsel in distress story. Batman has to find it in his heart to forgive Zee. Ugh

In the end it's Batman who grows up. It's Batman who apologizes for being mad at Zee.
    I think by then Zee had gone on a full apology tour for Identity Crisis so she probably didn't feel like she had more to give and was just ready to move on.

Jenny Frison

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Jenny Frison

Nice Zatanna sketch .

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Jenny Frison

Thank you it's such a comfy sketch. In return Zatanna art by Diego CarneiroZatanna by Diego Carneiro n.jpg

I think Zatanna already made self reflection of her past guilts at her Seven Soldiers story.

Congratulations to Emerald Fennel for winning the Oscar for best original screenplay for 'Promising Young Woman'. Here's hoping this means good things for the Zatanna movie.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/202...ng-young-woman

Justice League #64
    story by Brian Michael Bendis and Ram V
    art by Steve Pugh and Sumit Kumar
    cover by David Marquez
    ON SALE : 7/6/21
    $4.99 US | 40 PAGES | FC | DC
    variant cover by Jason Howard
    US $5.99 (card stock)

Introducing…the United! This all-new all-star group of alien warriors represents all voices in the newly formed United Planets. A galactic Justice League, if you will. The first Legion of Super-Heroes? Sort of. The United comes to the new Justice League for help because the biggest threat to the universe is on the loose, and all roads lead to…Superman. All this, and Aquaman has some surprising news. This big, bold, universe-spanning story serves as a perfect hopping-on point for fans curious where their favorite DC heroes go next!
    Plus: While the Justice League Dark regroups after hitting the books (literally), all eyes turn toward Gotham, where Merlin’s followers gather to protect a mysterious weapon. Now it’ll take not one knight but two to infiltrate the cult and save reality. Batman guest-stars as the Eternal Knight’s new squire in this action-packed tale!

Justice League #65
    story by Brian Michael Bendis and Ram V
    art by Steve Pugh and Sumit Kumar
    cover by David Marquez
    ON SALE 7/20/21
    $4.99 US | 40 PAGES | FC | DC
    variant cover by David Talaski
    US $5.99 (card stock)

The Justice League heads to deep space, on the trail of the most dangerous new criminal in all the galaxy. The biggest threat to the United Planets is on the loose, and no one in the cosmos is safe. Meanwhile, on Earth, Checkmate breaks into the Hall of Justice looking for clues to Black Canary’s secret affiliation. What secret affiliation, you ask? It’s a secret, duh! All this, and Black Adam declares himself leader of the League.
    Plus, as the Justice League Dark plans their next move, Batman makes his in Gotham. An ally from Etrigan’s past holds the key to saving the present, but to retrieve it, the League and the Eternal Knights must venture deep into his twisted dreams. Little do they know, Randu Singh’s mind is a maze that they could end up trapped in for good!
    July solicitations make me angry.
    Why do we need Batman to appear in JLD?
    Eternal Knight sounds like Ram V's OC taking up pages in an already short JLD.

Lets see how it goes, Ram's a solid writer. I don't mind Bat connections in places where it's logical. Jason Blood was living in Gotham even in the early in Kirby stories and the Zatara's having a mansion in Gotham was established in the 70's (JLA #161). Plus, it's not like Bendis is going to write a Bat heavy JLA either, he's more focused on GA and Naomi as the main leads.

As for the earlier discussion, I'm not interested in dictating on what people should and shouldn't read. I'm not big on TDK Returns for Batman or Daddy Zeus origin for WW but that's become the popular version of those characters. The best I can do is explain why my thoughts and preferences then recommend stuff that I do like. Regarding Zatanna, I like Dini's run but I'm not a fan how they did her in JLD vol1 but I know that was the gateway/entry point for readers and they have, in this very thread, pointed out stuff they liked about that version of Zee. Plus, I like hearing different takes and opinions on different runs and people pointing out stuff I may have missed in my reading. Not everybody is going to feel the exact same way or have the exact same opinion about everything. As for the movie itself, we know so little about it, it's hard to judge what it might be like so I have no thoughts until we get more information.

for starter, It's a great boost of advertisements for Zatanna movie. I see a Twitter post about Emerald Fennel winning and her next Zatanna project that got a lukewarm and optimistic responses on the comment section. I just a little bit worried of very few Synder cultist blind reprisals lashed out on every HBO max news not about Synder xd

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    for starter, It's a great boost of advertisements for Zatanna movie. I see a Twitter post about Emerald Fennel winning and her next Zatanna project that got a lukewarm and optimistic responses on the comment section. I just a little bit worried of very few Synder cultist blind reprisals lashed out on every HBO max news not about Synder xd
    Here's hoping for positive reception .

Phil Cho

Bonus Zachary