Page 5 of 133 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    !gnizama s'tahT

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I like Zatanna's look there better than in main continuity.

I really enjoyed it too. If this is what we could expect from Ram V's JLD in Infinite Frontier than I'm excited. Too bad it's just a back up.
    There’s hope. Some of the back ups are already going to be spinning out into ongoings/minis. Williamson is doing a two part Damian backup that will spin out into the Robin ongoing he’s doing. Hopefully JLD is being eyed for something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    There’s hope. Some of the back ups are already going to be spinning out into ongoings/minis. Williamson is doing a two part Damian backup that will spin out into the Robin ongoing he’s doing. Hopefully JLD is being eyed for something similar.
    DC's line is poorer for not having that book.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    This reminds me of how Justice League Action kind of gave Zatanna a star effect with her magic. It worked pretty well in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Zee trying to outdrink Circe .

Looks like Circe may have enchanted the drink though...

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Are these spin offs set in the 'Future State' or are they set in whatever is passing for the main continuity atm?

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    DC's line is poorer for not having that book.
    Wish they had a better name. Is there a Justice League Latte? A Justice League Cappuccino?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This reminds me of how Justice League Action kind of gave Zatanna a star effect with her magic. It worked pretty well in my opinion.

Zee trying to outdrink Circe .

Looks like Circe may have enchanted the drink though...
    I thought that was Madame Xanadu.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Are these spin offs set in the 'Future State' or are they set in whatever is passing for the main continuity atm?

Wish they had a better name. Is there a Justice League Latte? A Justice League Cappuccino?

Justice League Macchiato has a good ring to it.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    The latter.
    It's Circe in her original Post-Crisis design.

JLD being a back up might have some benefits. A lot more people read JLD. I can tell because a lot of review videos were posted on YouTube. Some even loved it more than the main JL.

Zatanna got a new costume. Bobo is now the host of etrigan. Khalid has all grown up.
    I want to see more from the new additions - Ragman and Xanadu.

Last time, Xanadu gave some advice to Constantine on how to deal with UDM but I wanna see more of her on the field this time.

For Ragman, it looks like they went with a variation of 2017 design with all the bandages but with the green cloak this time. They didn't use the 2017 powerset though. His 2017 powers made him like vemon because he'd shoot bandages from his body.

I also noticed that Zee hugged Ragman but didn't show the same level of affection towards Constantine. I don't think they have even met before. Maybe it was purely platonic.

Doctor Strange and Zatanna by Vasco Georgiev.

https://mobile.twitter.com/vascogeor...59902708453386

I don't know why people think Zatanna is DC's counterpart to Marvel's Scarlett witch. Zee has more things in common with Doctor Strange.

I'd put Raven or Enchantress next to Scarlett witch based on abilities and their role within their respective universes.

I think DC's proper Dr. Strange counterpart is Dr. Fate, but Zatanna is still their primary magic hero.

Fate was doing the 'sorcerer supreme' schtick long before Dr Strange appeared.

But I've always split the difference with Fate as the magic guy on the JSA and Zatanna for the JL.

jla_jsa_perez.jpg

Though back in the Satellite days they had her yell expletives similar to Dr Strange like 'Hosts of Hotah':

DC-260-79F21A677.jpg

I think at least back then, they were trying to push her in that direction. Currently, I would say Constantine is DCs answer to Dr Stranger.

On a tangent note: the Zatanna and Scarlet Witch combo, the White Witch from the Amalgam cross over was easy on the eyes:

D1zfHImX0AAD7M8.jpg

BANNED