Page 58 of 133 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Bob cut Zatanna is an interesting look...although for some reason she looks like a teenager to me.
    Looks like they based her off of Ana de Amareis’ new haircut she got after her and Affleck broke up lol. Seen a few fanart that are clearly casting Ana as Zatanna.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Hawkman Vol2 #4

Art by Richard Howell

Bob cut Zatanna is an interesting look...although for some reason she looks like a teenager to me.
    I was going to say that she reminded me of Raven in that pic.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

Hawkman Vol2 #4

Art by Richard Howell
    Female friendship in the DCU .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I have to say I don't mind Zee and Bruce being friends but I wish any hints of romance was dropped. Really tired of writers treating DC women like they need to throw themselves at Bruce, DCAU was pretty bad for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I have to say I don't mind Zee and Bruce being friends but I wish any hints of romance was dropped. Really tired of writers treating DC women like they need to throw themselves at Bruce, DCAU was pretty bad for this.
    I find their relationship cute, but I also agree not every DC woman needs to be crushing on Bruce.

I find it more likeable than her relationship with Constantine at times.

I find their relationship cute, but I also agree not every DC woman needs to be crushing on Bruce.

I find it more likeable than her relationship with Constantine at times.
    Oh, don't get me wrong. I'll take Bruce over Constantine if that's the option. I can at least buy Zee being flirty with him because that's her personality.

Why I'm hoping the solo movie finally gives her a chance to shine without either of the two.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'll take Bruce over Constantine if that's the option. I can at least buy Zee being flirty with him because that's her personality.

Why I'm hoping the solo movie finally gives her a chance to shine without either of the two
    Hear hear .

It helps that Bruce and Zatanna's worlds are fundamentally incompatible with each other so they cant really be anything but friends with some latent sexual tension. It also benefits her because Bruce learning escape artistry from Zatara highlights the fact that the Zatara's have skills besides their actual magical powers.

Constantine feels like a barnacle they've stuck on her*. I would much rather read about her talking to her pet bunny over Constantine. I get there is an audience, especially in fantasy fiction, who loves the 'good girl and bad boy' trope but it's just not for me. Her interactions and relationships with Zachary, Diana, Bruce, Barry, Dinah and Detective Chimp are much more interesting to me.

*No offense to those who like the pairing. They are free to talk about and celebrate it in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    It helps that Bruce and Zatanna's worlds are fundamentally incompatible with each other so they cant really be anything but friends with some latent sexual tension. It also benefits her because Bruce learning escape artistry from Zatara highlights the fact that the Zatara's have skills besides their actual magical powers.

Constantine feels like a barnacle they've stuck on her*. I would much rather read about her talking to her pet bunny over Constantine. I get there is an audience, especially in fantasy fiction, who loves the 'good girl and bad boy' trope but it's just not for me. Her interactions and relationships with Zachary, Diana, Bruce, Barry, Dinah and Detective Chimp are much more interesting to me.

*No offense to those who like the pairing. They are free to talk about and celebrate it in this thread.
    Jumping off this, but I yeah I always did like it Zee (and Zatara) are actually skilled in real-world stage magic and escape artistry. I'd have it Zee actually does most of her shows not using magic.

Zatanna looks like just use magic for special effects like she said in JLU. Anyway here some panels about Zatanna
    prestidigitation/sleight of hands from Superman 678 and I forgot the specific issue, but from the Silver Age

1620530522992.jpg
    RCO006 (1).jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mai Zen; 05-23-2021 at 08:52 PM.

Extraordinary Member

It was 15 years ago when they were kids and more of a crush that went no where it’s not a big deal,

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It was 15 years ago when they were kids and more of a crush that went no where it’s not a big deal,
    Well, there have been times where it doesn't seem like the adult versions have quite gotten over it (maybe moreso on Zee's side) depending on what you're reading.

In JLU's 'This Little Piggy' Zatanna states that she uses actual a stage tricks for her stage performances but she occasionally throws in real magic "for the dazzle".