Truth & Justice #7
    Story by PREETI CHHIBBER
    Pencils by LALIT SHARMA
    Inks by LALIT SHARMA
    Cover by EFREN ANACLETO
    Price: US $4.99 | pages: 40 | FC | DC
    On Sale Date: 8/17/21
    CARD STOCK OPEN ORDER Variant by JUNGGEUN YOON Price: US $5.99
    Zatanna finds herself trapped in a dream world. How did she get there and how can she possibly get out without her magical powers?
    It's so nice to finally get a Zatanna solo cover after so long.

Here's an observation I've made looking at the synopsis of this issue- there's always something wrong with her powers.
    TBH I don't blame the writers for reusing the same plot point over and over but I think if DC gives her powers certain limitations, the writers might be able come up with better stories.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    Nice. I'd been looking for that bottom page for a long time. I'd convinced myself that somebody made that on tumblr.
    It's written by James Robinson for SEP & OCT 2008 issue of
    Superman (1939) #678

and Superman (1939) #679

I actually like his idea about Zatanna. A clause in her contract that prevents her from using her powers in her shows. TBH This actually makes sense. Zatanna never had a secret identity. People would recognize her anywhere so pretending to not have magical powers seems really dumb. Also this gives her a talent that's not based on her magical gifts.

According to me Zatanna should
    -Not have a secret identity.
    -Be extremely talented in the art of prestidigitation.

If she does use magic on stage let it be a final closing act to cheer up her audience.
    I don't like jealous Lois. It's petty and beneath her. She should know Clark better than that and know that Zatanna would never take advantage of hm.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    It's so nice to finally get a Zatanna solo cover after so long.

Here's an observation I've made looking at the synopsis of this issue- there's always something wrong with her powers.
    TBH I don't blame the writers for reusing the same plot point over and over but I think if DC gives her powers certain limitations, the writers might be able come up with better stories.
    No disagreements there.

They really need to come up with a system for magicians.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I don't like jealous Lois. It's petty and beneath her. She should know Clark better than that and know that Zatanna would never take advantage of hm.
    Me neither. Lois is way more secure and self assured than that.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Even the strongest among us have insecurities. Z has a place in a piece of Kal-el's world that she can never truly enter. It makes me like her more.

Really happy at Zatanna getting a Truth and Justice arc .

The only person I can accept Lois being insecure about is Wonder Woman, and not for long.

I can't see Lois getting jealous of Wonder Woman.

I can accept Lois feeling a twinge of jealousy or feeling a bit protective of Clark in front of Zatanna since the latter is flirtier and dresses in a sexier costume but I can't see her letting it overwhelm her. She would probably ask Zee for an interview and be over insecurities in 5 minutes.

I like it they explore Zatanna intelligent, mental prowess and resourcefulness

JLD description from the solicitation of Justice League #7:

story by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS, RAM V
    art by PHIL HESTER, SUMIT KUMAR
    cover by DAVID MARQUEZ
    ON SALE: 8/17/21
    $4.99 US | 40 PAGES | FC | DC
    card stock variant by ALEXANDER LOZANO
    US $5.99

It’s the Justice League versus the United Order as the truth that gives power to this new cosmic super team crosses a line that the Justice League cannot allow. Will there even be a United Planets after this thunderous clash of intergalactic superpowers? Also, Green Arrow must come to terms with his responsibilities to both Checkmate and the League. Ollie may have to pick which path to follow, but what does it mean for the future of the League if the guy paying the bills has to bail?

The Silent School used their magic for years to protect Atlantis from all kinds of invaders, but nothing prepared them for the most powerful sorcerer ever…Merlin! Luckily, the Justice League Dark arrives to turn the tide of the battle. However, they’re not fighting at full strength. Zatanna is harboring a dark secret, and if she unleashes her magic, it could drown everyone!

So as hinted in the preview pages; she didn't lose her powers, they changed somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    I like it they explore Zatanna intelligent, mental prowess and resourcefulness
    I agree.

Hope it's similar to what we saw in her own ongoing when she had to fend for herself:

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I can't see Lois getting jealous of Wonder Woman.

I can accept Lois feeling a twinge of jealousy or feeling a bit protective of Clark in front of Zatanna since the latter is flirtier and dresses in a sexier costume but I can't see her letting it overwhelm her. She would probably ask Zee for an interview and be over insecurities in 5 minutes.
    That wouldn’t be a bad one-shot. Lois Lane following Zatanna around for an interview as a “day in the life” piece.

Similar to WW #170 where Lois did that with Diana.

Yeah. Man, she really needs to reconnect with the broader DCU.

Zatanna by Danica Brine:

Last edited by John Venus; 05-27-2021 at 02:14 AM.

If Marvel ever crosses over with DC again, do not let Scarlet Witch anywhere near Zatanna! In Heroes Reborn: Siege Society, Zatanna's Squadron Supreme counterpart Arcanna appears spoilers:
    Wanda is fighting Arcanna, says "No more you", and Arcanna is destroyed.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Let the battle commence!

Well Arcana is pastiche of Zatanna when she largely depowered and can only control 4 elements. Beside Zee is pretty durable against heavy magical attack like resurfacing after Pralaya total destruction of the multiverse and twice with Upside Down Man