Page 74 of 133 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1989

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    I wish DC would stop trying to bring Constantine into the mainstream DCU and DCEU. He is great as a Vertigo / Black Label character, but in the mainstream universe he is simply an annoyance. Zatanna should use a ward to make sure that their paths never cross again.
    I think he's worked well enough, but I wish Zee could do more of her own stuff.

Honestly, I'm still just amused at the idea of kid Constantine still wearing the trench coat and tie when he hasn't even hit puberty yet.

Like he's trying on his dad's work clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Zee was fun in the YA Novel, I'll give it that. Y'all know how I feel about Constantine and brrr 'magicblazer' so I won't repeat myself.

And seriously Constantine of all people gets a YA Novel when Zee is right there? I guess there is House of Secrets but still.
    I feel like the decision of delaying Zatanna the Jewel of Gravestone is a pretty good choice. It keeping steady release of Zatanna contents one by one. Zatanna could making brand of herself nevertheless

Yeah, I forgot about the Jewel of Gravesend. I hope we hear about that one soon. I guess I'm more annoyed at the fact that Constantine's appearance in a book meant that Zatanna has to appear by default. I'm not a fan of that relationship and nobody wants her to end up as Black Canary. Forever playing second fiddle to the male hero despite having a lot of cool stuff going for her.

DCs site has Jewel of Gravesend coming out on Aug.2 … of 2022.

Welp:

Yeah, I forgot about the Jewel of Gravesend. I hope we hear about that one soon. I guess I'm more annoyed at the fact that Constantine's appearance in a book meant that Zatanna has to appear by default. I'm not a fan of that relationship and nobody wants her to end up as Black Canary. Forever playing second fiddle to the male hero despite having a lot of cool stuff going for her.
    I think in this instance it was more about the writer wanting to include Zatanna than including her just because she's expected to be in a Constantine story, but I have no way of knowing for sure...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee_Fan View Post
    DCs site has Jewel of Gravesend coming out on Aug.2 … of 2022.
    Oof .

Regardless of intention, the perception that these two characters are somehow 'destined' to be together has become entrenched in fan perception. Still, I thought kid Zee was cute in the comic.

1584042205241.jpg

Zatanna in Sideways comic.jpg

1599306221745.jpg

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Regardless of intention, the perception that these two characters are somehow 'destined' to be together has become entrenched in fan perception. Still, I thought kid Zee was cute in the comic.

1584042205241.jpg

Zatanna in Sideways comic.jpg

1599306221745.jpg
    Middle one's Lady Mirage, not Zee. One of Dini's indy books. I think the Rocafort art may have thrown you off.

Oops.

I haven't actually read that book. I got the image from another site in a thread about Zatanna.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Middle one's Lady Mirage, not Zee. One of Dini's indy books. I think the Rocafort art may have thrown you off.
    Showing he still has a type .

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wasn't Mirage based on Dini's wife?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    You don't say.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    I wish DC would stop trying to bring Constantine into the mainstream DCU and DCEU. He is great as a Vertigo / Black Label character, but in the mainstream universe he is simply an annoyance. Zatanna should use a ward to make sure that their paths never cross again.
    to late, he already is and is well liked
    both his solo and and JLD were some of the best films from the last decade of DC
    he going to have an HBOMAX show and be in the future JLD movie he is also less powerful then zatanna, so easier for writers to use without nerf

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Wasn't Mirage based on Dini's wife?
    Said wife is basically a real life Zatanna.