Page 75 of 133 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1989

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    You don't say.

I remember there are stories in which Paul Dini sending Zatanna Everyday Magic book to Misty Lee to get close with her

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think in this instance it was more about the writer wanting to include Zatanna than including her just because she's expected to be in a Constantine story, but I have no way of knowing for sure...

Oof .
    Yeah the YA graphic novel feel like a partners in crime book with additional Uncle Etrigan.
    RCO098_1624983904.jpg
    IMG_20210630_142420.jpg

Zatanna's bobcut look in Zatanna: Come Together mini. Edits by shel-carter (Tumblr):

zee1 by shel-carter tumblr.JPG

zee 2 by boostergold tumblr.jpg

Edits by: boostergold

Gotham City Sires by @creepysteeples (Tumblr):

Link: https://creepysteeples.tumblr.com/po...-charm-designs

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Zatanna's bobcut look in Zatanna: Come Together mini. Edits by shel-carter (Tumblr):

zee1 by shel-carter tumblr.JPG

zee 2 by boostergold tumblr.jpg

Edits by: boostergold
    ...She's unrecognizable.

That tends to happen when you cut your hair and leave your old job for a new one which requires a different dress code.

In the context of the series, she was recovering from her father's death and needed a change of pace.

Boisterously Confused

That tends to happen when you cut your hair and leave your old job for a new one which requires a different dress code.

In the context of the series, she was recovering from her father's death and needed a change of pace.
    You make a solid point. Nonetheless... Yuck.

I don't think it's that bad though. I was more annoyed by what the mini did with her powers and costume than the bob cut and office attire.

Boisterously Confused

I don't think it's that bad though. I was more annoyed by what the mini did with her powers and costume than the bob cut and office attire.
    My complaint is shallow and selfish. The story may be wonderful. It's just not where I wanted to Z go, or how I wanted to see her look.

I mean, all power to Zee, I just don't think that haircut is her...

Also, the latest episode of DC Super Hero Girls was about Zatanna celebrating her birthday and actually mentioned her mother for once...although not necessarily in the most flattering light.

Name of that episode? 'Cause I need to watch it to decide whether I'm going to have to invest in a tin foil hat or not.
    Last edited by John Venus; 07-05-2021 at 07:13 AM.

Name of that episode. 'Cause I need to watch it to decide whether I'm going to have to invest in a tin foil hat or not.
    The episode with her mother appereace at DC SHG is "Happy Birthday Zee". I feel it can be divisive if you start investing it from that episode. Zee characterization at the earlier part could throw you off altough she never have been that extreme before. But the part with her dad is great and so the episode overall.

All of episode that focusing on her is very entertaining, especially her rivalry with Ollie. My favourite is "Abracadabrapalooza", especially when Zee and her dad have a hard time before become success as popular magicians.

Here part of it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRptnxq1Kv0
    Screenshot_2021-01-04_at_7.30.43_PM.jpg
    Last edited by Mai Zen; 07-05-2021 at 03:07 PM.

Nicola Scott

Doc Shaner

Darwyn Cooke

Last edited by Gaius; 07-05-2021 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    The episode with her mother appereace at DC SHG is "Happy Birthday Zee". I feel it can be divisive if you start investing it from that episode. Zee characterization at the earlier part could throw you off altough she never have been that extreme before. But the part with her dad is great and so the episode overall.

All of episode that focusing on her is very entertaining, especially her rivalry with Ollie. My favourite is "Abracadabrapalooza", especially when Zee and her dad have a hard time before become success as popular magicians.
    I watched it last night and thought it was great. The flaws and Zee's internal conflict felt natural to the character. It's also nice seeing her entire family (Zatara, Sindella and herself) in one frame. Now all we need is Zachary. The fact that this iteration of Zatanna is 'Constantine-free' is another bonus. Sindella does not come off well at all, although I'm glad kids shows touch upon topics like this. It's important for kids going through this stuff in real life to realize they are not alone.

A couple of days ago I was working on a story where Sindella was a flawed parent so I was a bit surprised when I heard that this episode presented her in a less flattering. Thankfully, it's different from what I had in mind, possibly even better.