Page 80 of 133 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1989

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Things coming to a head...also, is Zatanna now like the default super-mage of the DCU? Or is her main character status that lets her square off against Merlin? Sorry Dr. Fate...
    I wish but no. She will get a few 'girl power' moments to pay lip service to how powerful she is but it will be Constantine and Jason Blood as the primary stars of the narrative as the brains behind the solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I like the idea of an evil Merlin as a rogue for her.
    Wouldn't be the first time Merlin was involved in one of her stories:

Source: Supergirl (1972) #1 from Zatanna's backup feature.

Source: Supergirl (1972) #4 from Zatanna's backup feature.

Things coming to a head...also, is Zatanna now like the default super-mage of the DCU? Or is her main character status that lets her square off against Merlin? Sorry Dr. Fate...
    The title of Super-mage is kinda ambigue on DC and I think its was never estabilished. But in Justice League No Justice, Zatanna got Sorceress Supreme title while Dr. Fate have his own title. Story wise, Its only Zatanna now as the heavy hitter as Dr. Fate, Wonder Woman, Swamp Thing is unavailable.
    main-qimg-6266af913e76f6443d86303f605a9107.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    but it will be Constantine and Jason Blood as the primary stars of the narrative as the brains behind the solution.
    Well its a team book, gotta try to make everyone contributing. I can see Jason Blood and Etrigan have some special advantages as they have history with Merlin. Knowing how to defeat, his weakness or special counters

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    Well its a team book, gotta try to make everyone contributing. I can see Jason Blood and Etrigan have some special advantages as they have history with Merlin. Knowing how to defeat, his weakness or special counters
    I know, I think I'm just yearning for another solo book. It's just that she was named leader but she's not being very leader-like and keeping secrets for drama while other characters are being the brains of the operation. One of the things I like about her is that she supposed to be this creative, clever, fun and intuitive person.

She’s always been the big magic hitter as far as the League is concerned. Fate doesn’t do anything but job and turn evil. I like her as the Sorceress Supreme honestly.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I know, I think I'm just yearning for another solo book. It's just that she was named leader but she's not being very leader-like and keeping secrets for drama while other characters are being the brains of the operation. One of the things I like about her is that she supposed to be this creative, clever, fun and intuitive person.
    Yup I agree. Since the JLD started she's like the muscles of the group. Others do the thinking while she just flexes her magic.

Writers don't really think about making her stand out much. Her magic and past seems to change according to what others want.
    Like her identity. She never uses an alias or wears a different costume to the one she uses on stage. Technically everyone should know she has real powers and uses magic on stage. Yet the writers try to say that she sneaks in real magic in her shows.

Tynion used it in Detective comics. Bruce is amazed that the Zataras have real magic. Then in JLD they keep calling her an illusionist while she uses real magic on stage.

TBH I loved the opening scene of her JLU episode. I just don't want people to say she cheats when they know really well that she has real powers.

I even pointed it out to Ram V in one of his recent reddit AMAs. He didn't reply even though I was the second commenter.

One of my favorite stories is one in which she uses both real and stage magic.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 07-17-2021 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    Yup I agree. Since the JLD started she's like the muscles of the group. Others do the thinking while she just flexes her magic.

Writers don't really think about making her stand out much. Her magic and past seems to change according to what others want.
    Like her identity. She never uses an alias or wears a different costume to the one she uses on stage. Technically everyone should know she has real powers and uses magic on stage. Yet the writers try to say that she sneaks in real magic in her shows.

Tynion used it in Detective comics. Bruce is amazed that the Zataras have real magic. Then in JLD they keep calling her an illusionist while she uses real magic on stage.

TBH I loved the opening scene of her JLU episode. I just don't want people to say she cheats when they know really well that she has real powers.

I even pointed it out to Ram V in one of his recent reddit AMAs. He didn't reply even though I was the second commenter.

I think the perks of being a stage magician with actual magic is making it so that no one can tell the difference between what's real and what's an illusion.

I like the idea she doesn't use magic at all during her stage shows (though maybe her audience is never sure). She, and Giovani, are just really good stage magicians.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post

I think much of her history as a JLA member has been jettisoned in favour of making her a full JLD member. Those old JLA issues, as flat as the writing was for the era, really showcased her as the magical heavy weight of the DCU. On a team full of magic users, her skills (especially her creativity and knowledge of magic) is scaled back to accommodate other characters. One of the reasons why I love the Zee/WW dynamic is that they can both be bad ass. Zee can still cast powerful spells and exposite to Diana while Diana can still kick ass and bring in the Greek Gods.

I like that line in JLU as well. I think she uses real tricks but occasionally throws in real spells to spice up the show.

I think the perks of being a stage magician with actual magic is making it so that no one can tell the difference between what's real and what's an illusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I like the idea she doesn't use magic at all during her stage shows (though maybe her audience is never sure). She, and Giovani, are just really good stage magicians.
    Maybe in universe she has a dedicated reddit group who tries to figure out when she is using tricks and when she is using real magic. :P

Zee and Diana go well together .

By constantlyscreaminghere (Tumblr):

Artist Unknown:

By Rian Gonzalez:

From Justice League Unlimited #41

From Justice League Unlimited #41
    Superhero movie night.

By constantlyscreaminghere (Tumblr):

Artist Unknown:

By Rian Gonzalez:

That one by Rian Gonzales is pretty cool. In return, a recent art by Mark Brooks

https://twitter.com/MarkBrooksArt/st...178717712?s=19
    Attached Images Attached Images