Page 91 of 133 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1989

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    They first met in New Teen Titans when Raven went to the JLA's help against Trigon but it was a more antagonistic meeting because Zatanna believed that Raven was a villain. There wasn't a whole lot of interaction between them since it was ultimate a Titans book.

But their later meetings were more friendly:

https://babblingsaboutdccomics2.file...ct_546_001.png

I haven't read Bombshells but I heard that Zee takes on a mentor role for Raven along with Constantine:

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/08/d0/b6/0...ebcd501617.jpg
    sadffhkl Raven 'I aM fIiIiIinE.... ZaTaNnA.' rofl

Thats sweet that Raven gets to have friends like that. Idk much about her outside of her backstory with trigon, I hope characters like Klarion get to interact with other characters outside friends of the bat family. Especially with Constantine??? Wtf I can't believe they never did in hellblazers run while it was still going. Sorry I know this is getting off-topic because no Z. >>; I've never seen Constantine in a mostly batman related story please forgive if I'm incorrect about that.

Wilfredo Torres

I don't like how people say Zatanna was antagonistic towards raven.

Zatanna being the magical expert on the team was well within her rights to let others know what was going on.

IIRC when Raven came to the JL, Zee only stated that she sensed evil within her and they could be walking into a trap.
    JL never outrightly denied help.
    It was Raven who decided to seek out the teen titans when she found that the JL didn't trust her.

The second time Zatanna pointed out what she had done to Wally after the titans attacked the JL on the satellite.

Anybody would have done the same in Zatanna's position.
    Last edited by Edwin30; 08-24-2021 at 10:10 PM.

Since John and Zee have so much history, figured I’d ask here.

Is John Constantine Homo Magi?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post

Zatanna being the magical expert on the team was well within her rights to let others know what was going on.

IIRC when Raven came to the JL, Zee only stated that she sensed evil within her and they could be walking into a trap.
    It was Raven who decided to seek out the teen titans when she found that the JL didn't trust her.

The second time Zatanna pointed out what she had done to Wally after the titans attacked the JL on the satellite.

Have they ever followed up on all that. Raven was a girl who needed help, came to the justice league and was denied.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

I don’t think so

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Have they ever followed up on all that. Raven was a girl who needed help, came to the justice league and was denied.
    No. Raven wasn't denied. She herself chose to seek out help from the teen titans when Zatanna stated that she sensed evil within her and raven could be leading them into a trap.
    Being the magician of the JL, it was Zatanna's duty to tell others what she sensed.

Last edited by Edwin30; 08-25-2021 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I don’t think so
    Cool, ty very much!

Brent Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post

Yeah, I think Raven fans sometimes overblow their interaction in NTT.

Though I used antagonistic in the sense that the two were on opposing sides but neither were fully right or fully wrong in that context. Raven was right to seek the JL's help but shouldn't have put that spell on Wally. Zatanna was right to warn the League about Trigon's power lurking inside Raven but they probably should have looked into it deeper instead of dismissing Raven but then jumping into it at the last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

Per Tynion's classification, he would be magic blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Brent Brown.

I guess this would be an interesting team-up...

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Yeah, I think Raven fans sometimes overblow their interaction in NTT.

Though I used antagonistic in the sense that the two were on opposing sides but neither were fully right or fully wrong in that context. Raven was right to seek the JL's help but shouldn't have put that spell on Wally. Zatanna was right to warn the League about Trigon's power lurking inside Raven but they probably should have looked into it deeper instead of dismissing Raven but then jumping into it at the last minute.

Per Tynion's classification, he would be magic blood.
    I think it could be more interesting if there are some background story of Zatanna have bad experiences for helping a backstabbing demon in the past. That's explain why is she hesitating to help Raven at first. But yeah it's bad for the League to jumping into it before trying to understand Raven position altough manipulated Wally could be a death sign. Also there are not any panel directly after it that show the League and Titan reconciling .

But hey at least they already forgave each other and move past it

Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    I think it could be more interesting if there are some background story of Zatanna have bad experiences for helping a backstabbing demon in the past. That's explain why is she hesitating to help Raven at first. But yeah it's bad for the League to jumping into it before trying to understand Raven position altough manipulated Wally could be a death sign. Also there are not any panel directly after it that show the League and Titan reconciling .

But hey at least they already forgave each other and move past it
    I think it was fine the way it was handled but some Raven do blow it out of proportion.

I wish there was more follow up though.

So, I just read Secret Origins #27 of Zatanna and I'm kinda confused? also bothered by the sexist crappy writing like this fuck... https://i.imgur.com/cd4XxeJ.png

So wait, was this Nammo guy or Felix part of orchestrating her past? Did he have Constantine train her in more magic (How? She speaks backwards!) and wanted to watch them bone wtf... wut.

https://i.imgur.com/pIvFeu8.jpg

Also why did they retcon Zataras death? He died in that ritual. https://i.imgur.com/vmgTLb7.jpg

Was this whole thing retconned? asdfkl; this makes no sense.

Dr Mist is a good character who wasn't utilized well by being turned into the orchestrator of Zatanna's (and really most of human history) life.

Constantine didn't train Zatanna in magic. They were a part of a tantric sex cult. We are told as such when Zatanna and Constantine are first seen on panel together in Swamp Thing. The page does give us an idea of when it took place; after Zatanna's Search and likely before or around the time she joined the Justice League.

Zatara's death wasn't retconned. That was an artist error. You can see Constantine and the other magicians present. Only they literally show them blasting the Darkness in hell rather than at a séance.

That story was more ignored than retconned.