Page 93 of 133 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1989
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    She was in the recent 'Truth & Justice' issues #19-21.

She was also in the Scooby Doo Team Up #19.
    Speaking of Truth and Justice, did anyone read the issue? As I only buy print copies, I just got mine. The art was nice, but the story seemed difficult to follow....jumped a lot (which may have been part of the point.) It did make me miss Zee having a series. Just a thought...but what about Zatanna taking a day job? Perhaps she could take the position of magic expert with a revamped ARGUS or in a Warehouse 13/Librarians style run where she is tracking down magical artifacts?

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Speaking of Truth and Justice, did anyone read the issue? As I only buy print copies, I just got mine. The art was nice, but the story seemed difficult to follow....jumped a lot (which may have been part of the point.) It did make me miss Zee having a series. Just a thought...but what about Zatanna taking a day job? Perhaps she could take the position of magic expert with a revamped ARGUS or in a Warehouse 13/Librarians style run where she is tracking down magical artifacts?
    Isn't her day job being a magician though?

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I read it when it came out online. I think it was discussed a few pages back. I thought it set up an intriguing mystery but the big reveal and the wrap up felt lacking and too rushed. NGL, it did make me realize how much I missed a solo Zatanna series.

If you want to see Zatanna trying to hold down a regular job while also doing her magic thing, then check out Lee Mars/Esteben Maroto's 'Zatanna: Come Together' mini:

As for her working as an agent. I can't see her working for something ARGUS. She's way too free spirited to be weighed down by bureaucracy. Although that could be an interested source of conflict.

I've pitched the idea in here and other threads that I would love to see her as the go-to-person in the DCU for supernatural problems. People come to her when they think they have a supernatural problem and some of them turn out to be real and others turn out to be fake or not magic related at all.

I read it when it came out online. I think it was discussed a few pages back. I thought it set up an intriguing mystery but the big reveal and the wrap up felt lacking and too rushed. NGL, it did make me realize how much I missed a solo Zatanna series.

If you want to see Zatanna trying to hold down a regular job while also doing her magic thing, then check out Lee Mars/Esteben Maroto's 'Zatanna: Come Together' mini:

As for her working as an agent. I can't see her working for something ARGUS. She's way too free spirited to be weighed down by bureaucracy. Although that could be an interested source of conflict.

I've pitched the idea in here and other threads that I would love to see her as the go-to-person in the DCU for supernatural problems. People come to her when they think they have a supernatural problem and some of them turn out to be real and others turn out to be fake or not magic related at all.
    I like this idea. Charlatans and hoaxes like that are pretty common in our own world, so it'd be an interesting wrinkle to see that kind of stuff in-universe in DC where I imagine it'd be easier for some snake-oil salesman to get away with stuff like that.

Plus there are magicians who actually did spend time debunking stuff like that; Houdini, James Randi, Penn & Teller.

Mikel Janin

People are free to talk about anything Zatanna related in this thread.

I shall refrain from judging whether something is sexist or not.

In that scene, John is set up to be the bad boy boyfriend, John Zatara is the over protective father trying to protect his girl from his clutches and Zee is the 'good girl' who is curious and drawn to his bad boy charm. Hence why she kisses him even after that remark about her body. TVTropes even has a page on this particular trope 'All Girls Want Bad Boys' ((https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...rlsWantBadBoys). It should be noted that John is also a conman so he was likely counting on Zatara's protective instinct and Zee's innate desire to help out so they will join in the seance which had a strong chance killing any of the participants (and it did!). The whole issue was him deceiving others into joining the seance, no reason to assume he wasn't doing the same here.

Zee's comment could be read any number of number of ways. It implied that the tantric studies and their relationship happened a long time ago when Zee was still in her fishnet costume. This implies that their relationship happened before she joined the Justice League (she was wearing her mothers costume when she joined and later switched to the Perez designed bug head costume). She had been with the League for almost 2 decades in real time by the time she met John Constantine so it's feasible for her to have forgotten their encounter. The other possibility is that she's had a few partners since her encounter with John Consantine so she genuinely didn't remember which would also be in character for her (which is not a bad thing either).

As for Reign In Hell, it's been a minute since I read it. I don't recall it affecting the wider DCU much when it came out. Its referenced in the first arc of Zatanna's 2011 series by Paul Dini but I don't think you will be lost if you hadn't read it.
    sdfghkl; almost no one replied for a bit and this page bugged me so much, I didn't know how long ago (decades apparently?? comic time is weird wut) it was before Zatanna joined when she wore her moms get up.

Hrm I thought it was originally just Alan just writing her off as shallow and sexually promiscuous because girl. Partners like more just friends with benefits? How does that even work that makes me so uncomfortable I'm sorry. Was she interested in a boyfriend instead? I feel like that'd come off a lot more depressing. I'm still uncomfortable with their whole fling, (Zatanna shouldn't be just the hot side temptation magician girl I'm sorry!!) and Constantine looks like an extreme example of that trope, ew. Actually, that should've been my whole summary of that page, Just.. ew.
    Last edited by comic_creechur; 08-30-2021 at 09:22 PM.

Phil Noto

He draws a stunning Zee .

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He draws a stunning Zee .
    Phil draws a stunning everyone!
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Phil draws a stunning everyone!
    No disagreement there .

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post

Archie-style Zatanna !

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Archie-style Zatanna !
    I like it. So does that mean that Betty is Black Canary and Big Ethel is Big Barda?

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    I like it. So does that mean that Betty is Black Canary and Big Ethel is Big Barda?
    ^^^i hadn’t even thought of that!
    Sadly no Ethel, though.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Dear God, that hair!
    Assassinate Putin!