Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    You and me both. Latinos in space! I love it. also, unapologetically the best looking character in the show. (I'll die on that hill)
    No disagreements there:

D--m1QzXYAE7z5H.jpg

0d94c6bdef58829619b58c19ceddc4d0--fictional-characters-batman.jpg

sddefault.jpg

Shiera (with Wonder Woman in her invisible plane) from Sensation Comics #1 (May 1999)

First appearance of Shiera Sanders with Hawk-wings and mask: All Star Comics #5 (June-July 1941; on-sale date of April 25th, 1941 per the GCD).

However, it wouldn't be until October 1941 that Shiera started appearing as Hawkgirl over in Flash Comics.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    DCAU Hawkgirl is my favorite version:

Totally agree! The DCAU was my first introduction to the Hawks, and the show's Hawkgirl remains my favorite iteration of the character.

In general, when it comes to Hawkgirl, I prefer the Thanagarian version, while when it comes to Hawkman, I lean towards the Egyptian version.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    DCAU Hawkgirl is my favorite version:

I think it works for me because they make use of the alien elements very well with Thanagarian tech still being a Thing and adding an interesting layer to Nth metal. But mostly because she has real wings. If they are going to have feather wings that articulate, this is the ONLY way to go for me.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Totally agree! The DCAU was my first introduction to the Hawks, and the show's Hawkgirl remains my favorite iteration of the character.

In general, when it comes to Hawkgirl, I prefer the Thanagarian version, while when it comes to Hawkman, I lean towards the Egyptian version.
    I think its because she has a more defined personality than Shiera and now they are basically the same person.

I'm in agreement. Keep Shayera as the alien Hawkwoman and Carter as the Egyptian Hawkman.

The Hawks all kind of blend together for me...

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Attachment 103884
    A solid contender for my fav.
    Shayera is my favorite Hawkgirl. I havent read much of Sheira and really dislike Kendra.

That comic specifically made me really like her. She showed she could really kick ass there.

Unfortunately Shayera hasn't really been seen since Crisis. Right after that was Hawkworld. Followed by Kendra. She did come back briefly in Brightest day but didnt stick around too much.

I guess now from Vendittis run shes back since now they're all the same person technically. Except for Kendra.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    My #1 Hawk-lady: Shayera Thal

Always loved the Hawks short lived biker look.

Hawkworlds version was also an alternate favorite version for me. I loved her and Hawkman's different dynamic.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Extraordinary Member

Wasn’t it Shiera that came back briefly in Brightest Day?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Wasn’t it Shiera that came back briefly in Brightest Day?
    Emphasis on briefly, yes. What a waste. :/

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Emphasis on briefly, yes. What a waste. :/
    The entire Brightest Day event was a huge wasted opportunity. Johns had course corrected all of those characters, leaving them ripe for the picking and in typical fashion DC shat all over it. The only one to benefit really was Aquaman.

And I still lament the loss of Winick's JLI...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

The entire Brightest Day event was a huge wasted opportunity. Johns had course corrected all of those characters, leaving them ripe for the picking and in typical fashion DC shat all over it. The only one to benefit really was Aquaman.

And I still lament the loss of Winick's JLI...
    Wasn't it Tomasi who wrote the Hawk portion of Brightest Day? Although I guess they were all working under a set outline for how those stories needed to end.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wasn't it Tomasi who wrote the Hawk portion of Brightest Day? Although I guess they were all working under a set outline for how those stories needed to end.
    I don't recall which of them was specifically writing which character. The Hawks very well could've bee Tomasi; I assumed they were Johns because he had been responsible for their then most recent reboot.

Either way the monsters that are DC editorial screwed them up again as soon as they could.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

I don't recall which of them was specifically writing which character. The Hawks very well could've bee Tomasi; I assumed they were Johns because he had been responsible for their then most recent reboot.

Either way the monsters that are DC editorial screwed them up again as soon as they could.
    I know there was supposed to be a post-Brightest Day Hawkman book with James Robinson. I wonder if the plot would've been Carter trying to find Shiera again.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know there was supposed to be a post-Brightest Day Hawkman book with James Robinson. I wonder if the plot would've been Carter trying to find Shiera again.
    Yeah, I remember that. Almost assuredly, that would've been the opening arc. Another missed opportunity; I think Robinson (especially 10 yrs ago) was an excellent choice for Hawkman!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009