Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    That does not work for me. His ear drums are super-strong, too. And I'm just not a fan of increasing characters' powers. I like most of them at less than the peak power they've had.

I agree with this. Also, the Canary cry is visually rather dull and despite it taking action of her behalf, it just looks rather passive. And comics are visual medium.
    Canary's cry isnt the equivalent to a high pitched alarm/siren/etc...it's also a super strong high pitched cry. Just as The Flash should be faster than Superman, you should be able to enlist a group of various heroes that could practically act as their own Superman hit team if paired together. Flash can outrun Superman, Canary (should) be able to blow his ear drums/leave him disorientated, Diana should be able to take him on hand2hand, Green Lanterns should be able to hold him in place for x amount of time, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    That does not work for me. His ear drums are super-strong, too. And I'm just not a fan of increasing characters' powers. I like most of them at less than the peak power they've had.
    It's not a power boost. It's a logical development of what we know she can already do. We've seen that canary cry burst through walls.

I rather characters grow and explore possibilities instead of keeping them stagnant.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Canary's cry isnt the equivalent to a high pitched alarm/siren/etc...it's also a super strong high pitched cry. Just as The Flash should be faster than Superman, you should be able to enlist a group of various heroes that could practically act as their own Superman hit team if paired together. Flash can outrun Superman, Canary (should) be able to blow his ear drums/leave him disorientated, Diana should be able to take him on hand2hand, Green Lanterns should be able to hold him in place for x amount of time, etc..
    And that's not necessarily a knock against Superman given how proficient he is in those areas, it's just others naturally excel in their specialties.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It probably won't do a lot of damage to Supes but I think it can at least stagger him if she tries hard enough.
    Oh it'd give him a huge headache but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Oh it'd give him a huge headache but that's it.
    I guess it comes down to how impactful and physical you see the Canary Cry as.

I guess it comes down to how impactful and physical you see the Canary Cry as.
    Very much so, but while Clark's hearing is very sensitive, his ears and internal organs are as indestructible as the rest of him and he's survived concussive and sonic forces more significant than what Dinah can put out. He'd get a really bad headache but he's not going to get beaten by her. I love Dinah, but she's out of her weight class dealing with Superman, Wonder Woman, any of the Marvels, etc.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I appreciate the Ollie buttshot. Nice change up.

Hard same .

Also digging Dinah's new costume.

Hard same .

Also digging Dinah's new costume.
    Same! Ollie has a nice butt so why not show it off? He worked hard for it. :P

Also, Dinah's costume feels modern but also classic- it's a great blend.

Someone's gotta rep the backbreaker glamour shot and Ollie isn't about to make his lady suffer that indignity all the time.

Incredible Member

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/josh...nd-roy-harper/

Black Canary is in Justice League but she's also in something else that hasn't been announced yet

Incredible Member

Interesting. Maybe a Birds of Prey relaunch isn't as far off as thought?

Checkmate, maybe ?

Incredible Member

Checkmate, maybe ?
    Checkmate was mentioned in regards to Ollie. Canary's thing hasn't been announced yet according to him.