Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Not necessarily.

It just may be there really isn't a call / need for The Birds of Prey at the moment, which may not be such a bad thing until people who don't really know comic books stop assuming Harley Quinn belongs with that group.
    People who don't follow comics... don't follow comics. So unless we get another film that doesn't feature Harley, I think that ship has sailed unfortunately...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    People who don't follow comics... don't follow comics. So unless we get another film that doesn't feature Harley, I think that ship has sailed unfortunately...
    One can hope .

As I said before , every now and then I like to go back to the beginning.
    Here's Black Canary in her first outing as a solo feature (without Johnny Thunder).

Originally from Flash Comics #92 (February 1948) and reprinted in Detective Comics #442 (August-September 1974) which is where I first read it:

To be continued . . .

I remember all the times the pair would get framed for crimes and have to run from the police...

I'm with MajorHoy, I love those old Black Canary stories. I would love to see a Sandman Mystery Theatre style retelling of them. Or a Netflix's Daredevil style modernization of them.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I'm with MajorHoy, I love those old Black Canary stories. I would love to see a Sandman Mystery Theatre style retelling of them. Or a Netflix's Daredevil style modernization of them.
    But let's leave out James Robinson-like retcons of Dinah and Ted Knight cheating on their spouses . . .

But let's leave out James Robinson-like retcons of Dinah and Ted Knight cheating on their spouses . . .
    And still staying with them! I don't think they ever found out. Wild....

Was it ever revealed that Larry Lance had previously been the partner of Dinah's father on the police force prior to Black Canary's origin in DC Special Series #10 (1978)?

Look at that bad ass. I can't believe people just want her to be a cog in Green Arrow's story arc. She deserves way more. Black Canary: Unfinished Business in Secret Origins #50 by Alan Brennert is one of the few stories that had me in tears.

:lugs ears::

lalalalalalala that never happened!!

Look at that bad ass. I can't believe people just want her to be a cog in Green Arrow's story arc. She deserves way more. Black Canary: Unfinished Business in Secret Origins #50 by Alan Brennert is one of the few stories that had me in tears.
    I like to think even Ollie fans would like to see Dinah treated well and kick butt (I know I do).

It's not the fans, it's the writers.

The more I look at the older comics from Hard Travelling Heroes to the Satellite era JLA to Grell's run to Dixon's, the more I think that these two were always meant to break apart at some point and that 21st century are only throwing them back together out of a misguided sense of nostalgia. Nothing I've read has ever sold me on these two as a couple.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

I believe Jose Luis Garica-Lopez drew this piece.

BCjlgl.jpg

It's not the fans, it's the writers.

The more I look at the older comics from Hard Travelling Heroes to the Satellite era JLA to Grell's run to Dixon's, the more I think that these two were always meant to break apart at some point and that 21st century are only throwing them back together out of a misguided sense of nostalgia. Nothing I've read has ever sold me on these two as a couple.
    I really liked how the Rebirth run handled their relationship .

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    I believe Jose Luis Garica-Lopez drew this piece.

I don't know . . . does that look like his style for Dinah's face?

Zatanna and Black Canary by Maria Laura Sanapo