Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Zzzzz....wake me up when she is interesting again.

o0ARDwL.jpg

RZQCKta.jpg

9a28f51dc50f32932abc32997e86700b.jpg

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

They could always re design the costume. Although I think the main problem could be that there are too many DC characters to fit into just one show.
    When Dinah appeared in JLU, they just ditched the fishnets. It would be easy peasy. Or even give her more of a tough biker look, which would be easy with her current costume. The one she had pre-Flashpoint was great, and they should have kept it.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    When Dinah appeared in JLU, they just ditched the fishnets. It would be easy peasy. Or even give her more of a tough biker look, which would be easy with her current costume. The one she had pre-Flashpoint was great, and they should have kept it.
    Well, with JLU, fishnets are incredibly hard to animate so they went for grey tights to capture the look without needing to use fishnets.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Everyone has that one ex they regret.
    Very true. Older rich men....are not always what they seem.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Because that’s not a merchandise friendly look. Just remember when they tried to do a Barbie with Dinah and parents refused to buy it, calling it a prostitute barbie. Also that look could be a big reason why she’s not a character on either Super Hero Girls series.
    Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    How can you have a series about DC superhero girls and NOT have Black Canary?
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I think she showed up once as a villain.

I did not see the particular episode but it appears Dinah made an appearance in the 2015 episode "Welcome to Super Hero High" as a singer in a band comprised of Magpie and Black Condor. The synopsis doesn't characterize her as necessarily a villain, but she was competing in a battle of the bands to win a stolen Bat plane! But a fan review meme seems to suggest she was considered evil in the context of the episode
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Dinah_Dra...er_Hero_Girls)
    https://dcsuperherogirlsconfessions....ain-in-this-is

And then in a non-animated version released by DC, she's clearly on the side of the angels...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, with JLU, fishnets are incredibly hard to animate so they went for grey tights to capture the look without needing to use fishnets.
    Yeah. They did the same for her appearances in Young Justice, Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths and something similar for the DC Showcase: Green Arrow. There is a lot of precedence for changing up her look to make it easier to animate and give it more broad appeal.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

I weep in disbelief at this cover for BLACK CANARY #12. Truly Frightful!

BC12.jpg

Incredible Member

Because that’s not a merchandise friendly look. Just remember when they tried to do a Barbie with Dinah and parents refused to buy it, calling it a prostitute barbie. Also that look could be a big reason why she’s not a character on either Super Hero Girls series.
    They gave Zatanna her superhero look not the stage performer stockings look that’s similar to Dinah.
    Zatanna has both the stage magician look and her superhero look has the same opaque nylon tights from their version her stage magician outfit, just like the particular JLD Superhero outfit they based it off had fishnets.

Basically, non-fishnet nylon tights are standard for Zee and Canary in animation. They're just easier to animate. And it didn't effect either of them getting figures during JLU. if it's not broke, don't fix it and there's nothing broken with either Zee or Canary's nylons.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I did not see the particular episode but it appears Dinah made an appearance in the 2015 episode "Welcome to Super Hero High" as a singer in a band comprised of Magpie and Black Condor. The synopsis doesn't characterize her as necessarily a villain, but she was competing in a battle of the bands to win a stolen Bat plane! But a fan review meme seems to suggest she was considered evil in the context of the episode
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Dinah_Dra...er_Hero_Girls)
    https://dcsuperherogirlsconfessions....ain-in-this-is

And then in a non-animated version released by DC, she's clearly on the side of the angels...
    She wasn't a straight-up Supervillain but she and her band went for a joyride and broke the law and she was arrested at the end.

It was weird.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    I weep in disbelief at this cover for BLACK CANARY #12. Truly Frightful!

BC12.jpg
    Almost as frightful as the story within...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Screw it, I can take a break from The Power of SHAZAM for one night to give this one read before bed. It's been on my read list for so long and I keep forgetting to get to it.
    I finally got to it, at least the first mini by Byam and Von Eden.

Definitely underappreciated and shows that Dinah can tell her own street level stories. I miss her being a florist so bad. That was always her most interesting job. Wasn't crazy about how tone-deaf Ollie was, but he does crawl up his own ass sometimes so it didn't break the book for me.

I will repeat what I've said before: Trevor Von Eden doesn't get enough work!

It's sad how relevant those comics feel.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I finally got to it, at least the first mini by Byam and Von Eden.

Definitely underappreciated and shows that Dinah can tell her own street level stories. I miss her being a florist so bad. That was always her most interesting job. Wasn't crazy about how tone-deaf Ollie was, but he does crawl up his own ass sometimes so it didn't break the book for me.

I will repeat what I've said before: Trevor Von Eden doesn't get enough work!

It's sad how relevant those comics feel.
    Yay! Glad you liked it.

The first 5-6 issues of the "ongoing" that followed are about the same quality. Then it inexplicably goes downhill fast.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

Could we get a team book of her and Ollie,
    A green arrow book has to be in the works with so much of that family active

Based on IF and the anniversary book, that seems to be where they are headed.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Based on IF and the anniversary book, that seems to be where they are headed.
    One would hope.