Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 274
  1. #181
    Incredible Member Primal Slayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    That does not work for me. His ear drums are super-strong, too. And I'm just not a fan of increasing characters' powers. I like most of them at less than the peak power they've had.

    I agree with this. Also, the Canary cry is visually rather dull and despite it taking action of her behalf, it just looks rather passive. And comics are visual medium.
    Canary's cry isnt the equivalent to a high pitched alarm/siren/etc...it's also a super strong high pitched cry. Just as The Flash should be faster than Superman, you should be able to enlist a group of various heroes that could practically act as their own Superman hit team if paired together. Flash can outrun Superman, Canary (should) be able to blow his ear drums/leave him disorientated, Diana should be able to take him on hand2hand, Green Lanterns should be able to hold him in place for x amount of time, etc..

  2. #182
    Astonishing Member John Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    That does not work for me. His ear drums are super-strong, too. And I'm just not a fan of increasing characters' powers. I like most of them at less than the peak power they've had.
    It's not a power boost. It's a logical development of what we know she can already do. We've seen that canary cry burst through walls.

    I rather characters grow and explore possibilities instead of keeping them stagnant.

  3. #183
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    67,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Canary's cry isnt the equivalent to a high pitched alarm/siren/etc...it's also a super strong high pitched cry. Just as The Flash should be faster than Superman, you should be able to enlist a group of various heroes that could practically act as their own Superman hit team if paired together. Flash can outrun Superman, Canary (should) be able to blow his ear drums/leave him disorientated, Diana should be able to take him on hand2hand, Green Lanterns should be able to hold him in place for x amount of time, etc..
    And that's not necessarily a knock against Superman given how proficient he is in those areas, it's just others naturally excel in their specialties.

  4. #184
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    6,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It probably won't do a lot of damage to Supes but I think it can at least stagger him if she tries hard enough.
    Oh it'd give him a huge headache but that's it.

  5. #185
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    67,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Oh it'd give him a huge headache but that's it.
    I guess it comes down to how impactful and physical you see the Canary Cry as.

  6. #186
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    6,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess it comes down to how impactful and physical you see the Canary Cry as.
    Very much so, but while Clark's hearing is very sensitive, his ears and internal organs are as indestructible as the rest of him and he's survived concussive and sonic forces more significant than what Dinah can put out. He'd get a really bad headache but he's not going to get beaten by her. I love Dinah, but she's out of her weight class dealing with Superman, Wonder Woman, any of the Marvels, etc.

  7. #187

  8. #188
    Incredible Member Primal Slayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    810

    Default

    I appreciate the Ollie buttshot. Nice change up.

  9. #189
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    67,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I appreciate the Ollie buttshot. Nice change up.
    Hard same .

    Also digging Dinah's new costume.

  10. #190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hard same .

    Also digging Dinah's new costume.
    Same! Ollie has a nice butt so why not show it off? He worked hard for it. :P

    Also, Dinah's costume feels modern but also classic- it's a great blend.

  11. #191
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    6,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I appreciate the Ollie buttshot. Nice change up.
    Someone's gotta rep the backbreaker glamour shot and Ollie isn't about to make his lady suffer that indignity all the time.

  12. #192
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    390

    Default

    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/josh...nd-roy-harper/

    Black Canary is in Justice League but she's also in something else that hasn't been announced yet

  13. #193
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    641

    Default

    Interesting. Maybe a Birds of Prey relaunch isn't as far off as thought?

  14. #194
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    67,278

    Default

    Checkmate, maybe ?

  15. #195
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Checkmate, maybe ?
    Checkmate was mentioned in regards to Ollie. Canary's thing hasn't been announced yet according to him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •