Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It sounds less like a BoP thing and more that Dinah and Slade end up working for the same spy organization.
    Unless there's a clear ulterior motive, I really don't care for Dinah working for a spy organization. Or anyone, really. With a few exceptions, I prefer independent heroes to those answerable to a company or government.

Spying on Slade for Babs does make a good motive for it, if indeed that's what's going on. Dinah knows that the Batgirls are operating the way the Birds of Prey used to - but that doesn't mean she can't help Oracle in a different way. The only question is if it conflicts with her Justice League duties.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Unless there's a clear ulterior motive, I really don't care for Dinah working for a spy organization. Or anyone, really. With a few exceptions, I prefer independent heroes to those answerable to a company or government.
    Well, I know current continuity wise she has government/spy experience, so that might play into it.

Not what I was expecting but I'll wait and see what it's all about.

Incredible Member

@ those questioning the team up - they were on the same team during the new 52 (Team 7) so it's hardly something "new".

As a fan of both characters, I'm interested in seeing how this turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    @ those questioning the team up - they were on the same team during the new 52 (Team 7) so it's hardly something "new".

Oh yeah, that was a thing .

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post

To be honest, I'd rather forget about that iteration.
    Just because it happened before doesn't mean it's a good direction to take.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

How many secret spy organizations does DC need? So Dinah will with this new org while Ollie is working for Checkmate and both may be part of JL? That's.....a bit much. Wouldnt hate it but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    How many secret spy organizations does DC need? So Dinah will with this new org while Ollie is working for Checkmate and both may be part of JL? That's.....a bit much. Wouldnt hate it but still.
    And to think we thought Leviathan was scuttling all of them...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And to think we thought Leviathan was scuttling all of them...
    And Bones is with the D.E.O.?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    To be honest, I'd rather forget about that iteration.
    Just because it happened before doesn't mean it's a good direction to take.
    Agreed.
    Point was, stranger things have happened without previous iterations.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I wonder if this means she's off the League? The JL solicit says there's some new team members, and events in Infinite Frontier and the Superman books do mean that Barry and Clark need replacing... Dinah joining forces with Deathstroke and Oliver's shenanigans in Checkmate could mean they're out too.
    Which is utter ridiculousness, imagine being a top superhero -betraying and leaving the League, the premiere superhero team to join shady organizations and teaming up with supervillains. Black Canary one of the most moral characters in the DCU joining with Deathstroke, singing up herself for Deathstroke Inc!! shake my head. Green Arrow is also doing similar shenanigans with supervillains and a shady group. I dislike this propping for supervillains, Deathstroke, Harley , now they are even compromising and sacrificing heroes morals. I like a bit of grey areas, but this gone too far, to the dark side.

That’s not Black Canary, and DC has no idea who this character is anymore. Or maybe they just donĀ’t care, they are rather heavily focused on Bruce Wayne or Wally West whom DC cares to protect their integrity, honour and history. You add that Dinah is a female character, and you can see why she is getting what she is getting.
    Last edited by HunterX; 06-22-2021 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterX View Post
    . . . Or maybe they just donĀ’t care, they are rather heavily focused on Bruce Wayne or Wally West whom DC cares to protect their integrity, honour and history. . .
    Wait, what?

Are you saying Wally West is as important to DC as Bruce Wayne?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Spying on Slade for Babs does make a good motive for it, if indeed that's what's going on. Dinah knows that the Batgirls are operating the way the Birds of Prey used to - but that doesn't mean she can't help Oracle in a different way. The only question is if it conflicts with her Justice League duties.
    Ugh, this just gave me a depressing thought. Do you think DC is slowly moving away from the "Birds of Prey" moniker, in favor of the more marketable (albeit redundant and unimaginative) "Batgirls"? I wouldn't be at all surprised.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Ugh, this just gave me a depressing thought. Do you think DC is slowing moving away from the "Birds of Prey" moniker, in favor of the more marketable (albeit redundant and unimaginative) "Batgirls"? I wouldn't be at all surprised.
    Not necessarily.

It just may be there really isn't a call / need for The Birds of Prey at the moment, which may not be such a bad thing until people who don't really know comic books stop assuming Harley Quinn belongs with that group.