Zatanna and Black Canary by Maria Laura Sanapo
    Now there's a glamorous team-up .

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Classic from Fred Hembeck.

BCsmokerings.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Classic from Fred Hembeck.

BCsmokerings.jpg
    That would probably kill her powers though...

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Kind of sad that this is the first year since 2012 where Dinah hasnt been in a live action tv show or movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Kind of sad that this is the first year since 2012 where Dinah hasnt been in a live action tv show or movie.
    Huh...that is disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Huh...that is disturbing.
    Yep. And actually it'd be since 2008 since I forgot about Smallville and she appeared at least once per season from S7-S10. Id want it to continue but her and Oliver as characters had pretty good live action runs.

So how would you guys rate all of Black Canary's appearances on a scale of from best to worst?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    So how would you guys rate all of Black Canary's appearances on a scale of from best to worst?
    As far as?

In media adaptions?

Yep. In adaptations. Everything from JLU to Smallville to Arrowverse to BOP movie. Which ones were the best and which ones were the worst?

Incredible Member

JLU - great look, mixed on her treatment.

Smallville - never watched.

Arrowverse - Laurel Lance was kinda hard to like and then her costume was quite atrocious (so busy).

Sara was great and even better as White Canary but started the Arrowverse's spiraling Canary problem. They clearly didn't know how to handle her well and just kept pooping out more iterations. But Sarah isn't Dinah even if she felt way more like the BC I know from comics.

Earth 2 Black Siren - Serving all the face and side part and edge. Complete with fishnets, choker, and metagene and accompanying Canary Cry. She took a heroic turn, I think?, and kept some of her grit and attitude so that's cool. But undeniably a villain. But she was from Earth 2 sooo. Idk lol. Her short, bleached hair and domino mask costume was pretty fricking cool, too. Overall, my favorite of all the Canary iterations of the Arrowverse.

Dinah - I liked her actress and wished she was given more to do and didn't have to compete with the other Canaries who had the benefit of year's worth of stories and time for us to bond/like (even with Earth 2 Laurel because the actress was the same actress she'd always been played by). Her costume wasn't my favorite, but I liked her cop association and metagene. She also started as a killer and definitely not the martial artist either Black Siren or Sara was. Kinda a missed opportunity here.

They should have given us a Dinah Laurel Lance, highly trained martial artist and metahuman with a Canary Cry, whose dad was a cop and her mom was an expert martial artist with a secret vigilante history of her own. It's like the Arrowverse eventually realized what makes BC cool but had it all scattered about different characters, doing none of them a particular service imo, even though I was always rooting for some version of her to be awesome.

And movie Black Canary was good! I liked her kick heavy fight style and like the blues and yellows used to pay homage to some of her classic outfits. I wish she was given more screen time and attention, but the reluctant criminal turned vigilante butt kicker works in the movie. She also got the singer connection and that's a detail I appreciate since I might be the only one that liked her DC You solo series lol. I want to see more of her but doubt that'll happen.

Yep. In adaptations. Everything from JLU to Smallville to Arrowverse to BOP movie. Which ones were the best and which ones were the worst?
    From best to worst:

YJ
    JLU
    BoP (movie)
    Injustice 2
    DC Nation Green Arrow shorts
    Arrow
    Smallville
    BoP (TV show)

Black Siren made her official comic debut in Suicide Squad #5 with Waller trying to recruit her from E3.

The design was fairly boring, using the Scream Queen design from CO2D Dtv.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Art by Steve Rude.

SteveRudeBC.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Art by Steve Rude.
    That top on her doesn't look quite right.

She should either be wearing her jacket or, if no jacket, she should be in something either sleeveless or with at least shorter sleeves.