Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    A book I also have no interest in buying.

I'm sorry, but I won't support a Deathstroke title.

I can't forgive him for this:
    It was just business though...
    Sigh. You'd think he'll get a break for always being professional.
    Shame you don't give him the chance though. His rebirth book by Priest was fantastic.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Bob Layton.

LaytonBlackCanary.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Dinah running to action .

A Black Canary series appears to be in the works for HBO Max. It will star Dinah Jr. as portrayed by Jurnee Smollett-Bell in the BIRDS OF PREY theatrical feature. I hope they delve into her background with her mother being a hero of Gotham (pre-Batman?). Dream cast would be Ali Larter as Dinah Sr. in flashbacks.
    https://www.cinelinx.com/movie-news/...ipt-exclusive/
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    A Black Canary series appears to be in the works for HBO Max. It will star Dinah Jr. as portrayed by Jurnee Smollett-Bell in the BIRDS OF PREY theatrical feature. I hope they delve into her background with her mother being a hero of Gotham (pre-Batman?). Dream cast would be Ali Larter as Dinah Sr. in flashbacks.
    Maybe we'll finally get a proper Black Canary costume.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

So excited for this! Yes, she definitely needs a proper costume and not what we got in BOP.

Some info about Dinah in Deathstroke and DCs plans for her...so glad she didnt end up in Robin.

Nrama: Why Slade and Black Canary?

Advertisement

AD
    Williamson: Black Canary came up a few different times last year. Originally, she was presented to me as a character that they wanted to do something with and, at first, she came up as a character in Robin. DC was like, would you want to put Black Canary in Robin? When I explored those ideas and we talked a little bit about some of the stuff that Bendis was planning to do with Justice League - I decided not to use Black Canary there. I thought that Ravager was going to be a better fit for what I wanted for that book.

I still love Black Canary. I think she's a great character. So, I was like, where else can I use her? Then I started thinking about how she has worked with Slade in the past and has known Slade. Then I started forming this idea. If you read the Batman Urban Legends story that came out. She's put on this mission where she's investigating TRUST and she's trying to figure out what TRUST really is. She's basically having to go undercover. Part of the cost of that is working with someone like Slade, who she downright hates and has an antagonistic relationship with.

This was really appealing to me. An opportunity to write her and write some of her world. I'm a big fan of the Green Arrow family. You can tell by every book I work on has some member of the Green Arrow family - except for Oliver. That was part of why we brought Black Canary in. It was an interesting opportunity to show her in a different light.

I really like Birds of Prey in general. So, getting to show her back in those spy roots we hadn't seen in a while was definitely fun.

Without getting too into spoilers, obviously Dinah and Deathstroke are not going to get along and it's going to lead to a conflict between the two of them. Once they really start learning what's going on with TRUST They're going to have very different views on how to deal with it
    https://www.gamesradar.com/will-one-...athstroke-inc/

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    So excited for this! Yes, she definitely needs a proper costume and not what we got in BOP.

Some info about Dinah in Deathstroke and DCs plans for her...so glad she didnt end up in Robin.

Williamson stressing they hate each other is reassuring. I'm so glad she wasn't in Robin.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Congrats on the news, Canary fans.

Extraordinary Member

This is great news
    However DC now has 4 set POC lead films going straight to streaming
    I don’t regret their batgirl choice tho,

Now that you mention it, it would've made sense for her to be at a martial arts tournament...at least on paper.

But referencing her spy roots and having her contrast with Deathstroke could be pretty interesting. Howard Porter draws her well .

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    This is great news
    However DC now has 4 set POC lead films going straight to streaming
    I don’t regret their batgirl choice tho,
    Outside of their already sequels/films already shooting they dont have any film set for the big screen. Superman if it gets done is the only one that wouldnt be a HBOM exclusive.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Congrats on the news, Canary fans.

man, I sure do miss Darwyn. Such an amazing artist.

Extraordinary Member

Outside of their already sequels/films already shooting they dont have any film set for the big screen. Superman if it gets done is the only one that wouldnt be a HBOM exclusive.
    Not past Q2 2023
    But yeah it’s bad optics for them
    Then again we have dc fandome on OCT
    To finalize the future

With the pandemic raging on with no end in sight, streaming is a better option for studios than a theatrical release anyway.

Why are folks looking down on streaming? This is the future. Personally, I think Zatanna should be an HBO Max series as well.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Does this mean I have to watch the movie now?
    Assassinate Putin!