Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

from Who's Who in the DC Universe #9 (May 1991)

Who is Wren Cole?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Who is Wren Cole?
    I want to say it was the guy in this mini series, but I could be wrong...

And if I am wrong, you should check out New Wings anyway, it's pretty damn good
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Who is Wren Cole?
    A supporting character created by Sarah Byam and Trevor von Eedon. At the time this Who's Who entry was done, Dinah was still being used mostly as a supporting cast member of the GREEN ARROW book written by Mike Grell. After several years of fans requesting to see Dinah resume using her Black Canary identity again, DC finally okayed a four-issue mini-series by Byam and von Eddon, which was later followed up by an ongoing that only lasted 12 issues. Wren Cole appeared a few times during those 16 issues, then was never seen again.

PS: Wren was a female Native American resident of the Quinault Reservation. (I have no idea if that's an actual tribe.)
    Last edited by Timber Wolf-By-Night; 01-13-2021 at 05:58 PM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post

Screw it, I can take a break from The Power of SHAZAM for one night to give this one read before bed. It's been on my read list for so long and I keep forgetting to get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Screw it, I can take a break from The Power of SHAZAM for one night to give this one read before bed. It's been on my read list for so long and I keep forgetting to get to it.
    Excellent choice!

Do you have the issues, or will this be a digital read?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

This looks like a very intriguing read that I may need to check out.

May be a hunch but am I safe to assume that Dinah will be running around in Seattle in this story?
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    This looks like a very intriguing read that I may need to check out.

May be a hunch but am I safe to assume that Dinah will be running around in Seattle in this story?
    What gave it away?? lol

I'm always surprised how many readers have never seen or heard of Dinah's infamous 90's stories, considering how relatively few comics out there have her name on the cover.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Extraordinary Member

By Otto Schmidt:

Excellent choice!

Do you have the issues, or will this be a digital read?
    I got them at the last Super Toy Show I went to back in the Before Times. Never got around to reading them. I'm really lazy tonight so DC Universe it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    By Otto Schmidt:
    -Truncated because CBR-
    Get yourself a creator that loves you like Otto loves Black Canary.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I got them at the last Super Toy Show I went to back in the Before Times. Never got around to reading them. I'm really lazy tonight so DC Universe it is!
    I just realized you were in SJ too! I think that same show was the last event I attended before the apocalypse...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

5 live action adaptations back2back, im ready for her to get her own show or lead in a movie.

I just realized you were in SJ too! I think that same show was the last event I attended before the apocalypse...
    Sidebar but that event is way too good for any back issue hunter to miss with such a low barrier for entry to get in against all the comics you can get for a dollar. I really miss going to it a few times a year. Hell, I was able to find Black Canary #4 (recent run, the excellent Shaner cover) for cover price when I couldn't find it anywhere around here. Just to bring it back around.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    5 live action adaptations back2back, im ready for her to get her own show or lead in a movie.
    A Green Arrow/Black Canary show about them cleaning up Star City while operating as florists after Ollie gives away his money (or does so at the end of the first season) would be my dream show.

Nope. That was Gan Nguyen. I should finish that reading that mini and the subsequent ongoing. I love the bits and pieces I've seen:

#2page19-20.jpg

#2page12-13.jpg

Von Eden was on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    A supporting character created by Sarah Byam and Trevor von Eedon. At the time this Who's Who entry was done, Dinah was still being used mostly as a supporting cast member of the GREEN ARROW book written by Mike Grell. After several years of fans requesting to see Dinah resume using her Black Canary identity again, DC finally okayed a four-issue mini-series by Byam and von Eddon, which was later followed up by an ongoing that only lasted 12 issues. Wren Cole appeared a few times during those 16 issues, then was never seen again.

PS: Wren was a female Native American resident of the Quinault Reservation. (I have no idea if that's an actual tribe.)
    There we go.

I googled the name and all got was this thread. The mini and the subsequent ongoing are so underappreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Same. Canary has so much potential as a solo lead or as part of the Birds of Prey. A BOP adaptation based on the Dixon and Simone run would be a dream come true.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Nope. That was Gan Nguyen. I should finish that reading that mini and the subsequent ongoing. I love the bits and pieces I've seen:

#2page19-20.jpg

#2page12-13.jpg

Von Eden was on fire.

There we go.

I googled the name and all got was this thread. The mini and the subsequent ongoing are so underappreciated.

Same. Canary has so much potential as a solo lead or as part of the Birds of Prey. A BOP adaptation based on the Dixon and Simone run would be a dream come true.
    That top image especially. Man, Von Eden doesn't get enough work.

Just give Otto Schmidt his own Black Canary series...