Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I would prefer a smaller logo -- maybe just on her belt buckle. I also miss the blue leggings under the fishnets -- which made her outfit look a little more practical. Actually, I just like the blue with the black.

I don't know anything about Naomi, but her inclusion in JLA feels very forced to me.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I would prefer a smaller logo -- maybe just on her belt buckle. I also miss the blue leggings under the fishnets -- which made her outfit look a little more practical. Actually, I just like the blue with the black.
    I agree with this.

Blue fishnets only worked for me in the Golden Age art style and under the pens of people like Alex Toth.

I wasn't a fan of her Nu52 costume nor her Rebirth costume.

I like the huge logo on her since it makes her look more heroic and really gels with the rest of the team without sacrificing the design elements that make her unique.

It basically looks like her last Post-Crisis costume with an emblem on the chest. It looks more Superhero than her Rebirth costume, which I like .

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Because I like to see things a little closer with fewer distractions,
    With this design I would take the black canary symbol on the back of the jacket and then the choker/zipper pull pendant up front, as has been in different previous designs...

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Didn't want to derail Naomi's topic so I'll just put it here: I love the chest symbol they gave Black Canary.

It's a nice twist to her pre-Flashpoint look
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

Back when Greg Land could draw but even back then you can see the cheesecake seeping in.

Back when Greg Land could draw but even back then you can see the cheesecake seeping in.
    It was also kind of the era for Superhero art in general...

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I appreciate how different they are. One is a thrilling action piece, one an awesome movie poster and one is hilarious.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

What are everyones general thoughts on the treatment of Black Canary in the Arrowverse?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    What are everyones general thoughts on the treatment of Black Canary in the Arrowverse?
    I was a big fan of Katie Cassidy and her portrayal of Laurel. However I found the stories of the actress's treatment behind the scenes - and subsequent mistreatment of her character onscreen - to be pretty disturbing.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I liked all the actresses to use the mantle but...it left a lot to be desired.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It was also kind of the era for Superhero art in general...
    It's not the most egregious example from the era. In fact, it's quite tasteful on it's own but knowing where Greg Land's art would end up in a few years from when those covers were printed, it's hard not to see them as evolutionary (or deevolutionary?) steps that would lead him to where he is now.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    I appreciate how different they are. One is a thrilling action piece, one an awesome movie poster and one is hilarious.
    Yeah. Perfectly conveys how much of a bad ass she was in the book.

It could have been better. That's all I'll say.

I was surprised that after liking Katie Cassidy so much during her stints on "Supernatural" that she fell so flat on "Arrow". They never quite got Black Canary right, as evinced by the, what(?)THREE different attempts to portray the character. Caity Lotz was probably the best of the bunch and earned the creation of White Canary. Katie Cassidy as Black Siren had the best visual.