Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

CANARY 14.jpgWill always be my fav Canary Costume.i always say if something not broken why fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    . . . Will always be my fav Canary Costume. i always say if something not broken why fix it.
    But, should Black Canary go back to having a blonde wig while Dinah has black hair?

CANARY 14.jpgWill always be my fav Canary Costume.i always say if something not broken why fix it.
    Can't argue there .

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But, should Black Canary go back to having a blonde wig while Dinah has black hair?
    Yes please.

I don't see the point of the wig now. I think it's something her mom did, but Dinah should either be a natural blonde or just dye it.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I like that set up. I mean, it's not hugely important, but I prefer it.

This one is broken to me because I preferred the older version with more opaque tights and most especially with her not falling out of the top and some butt coverage.

Her "new" design is also pretty cool. The old one is too focused on T&A, IMO.

Yeah, the old one is terrible and doesn't convey anything about the character. Only a few artists were able to convey her toughness and strength in that get up.

I would say her current JL look is my current top favorite look.

But follow ups include:

26c92241ef0207e35590b0bb6f065f68.jpg

39ae68b435b5291120db6fea40fcb27c.jpg

I think Joe Quinones made the look work the Black Canary/Zatanna OGN. His Canary looked tough and ready to kick ass.

Bcanaryx.jpg

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Her "new" design is also pretty cool. The old one is too focused on T&A, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Yeah, the old one is terrible and doesn't convey anything about the character. Only a few artists were able to convey her toughness and strength in that get up.

I would say her current JL look is my current top favorite look.

But follow ups include:

26c92241ef0207e35590b0bb6f065f68.jpg

39ae68b435b5291120db6fea40fcb27c.jpg

I think Joe Quinones made the look work the Black Canary/Zatanna OGN. His Canary looked tough and ready to kick ass.

Bcanaryx.jpg
    The Quinones Design is literally her "Old"/Classic Gold/Silver/Bronze age design, just drawn in his style. It doesn't make much sense to criticize it one sentence and flip over to liking it another. I Think it might be more appropriate to criticize a given artist if you think they gave the leotard too high of a cut or have her breasts too large for the costume. I feel we're actually arguing artist specific flourishes rather than the overall base design at that point. It would strike me as prudish criticize he classic design in it's entirety as having too much T&A, when it's the foundation for many of her looks including her current one.

In addition to the classic design, I also like Pre-Flashpoint design and it's current revamp, as well as her Rebirth outfit. Canary really has a lot more hits than misses. And a lot are just minor variations.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    The Quinones Design is literally her "Old"/Classic Gold/Silver/Bronze age design, just drawn in his style. It doesn't make much sense to criticize it one sentence and flip over to liking it another. I Think it might be more appropriate to criticize a given artist if you think they gave the leotard too high of a cut or have her breasts too large for the costume. I feel we're actually arguing artist specific flourishes rather than the overall base design at that point. It would strike me as prudish criticize he classic design in it's entirety as having too much T&A, when it's the foundation for many of her looks including her current one.

In addition to the classic design, I also like Pre-Flashpoint design and it's current revamp, as well as her Rebirth outfit. Canary really has a lot more hits than misses. And a lot are just minor variations.
    There is some very clear differences between the Golden Age design and the design posted on the top of this very page and the Quinones design.

I mean, yes, at the end of the day it's a bustier, stockings, a small jacket and boots but there are choices which artists makes that improves upon it, imo.
    Last edited by John Venus; 03-17-2021 at 12:16 AM.

Here is a clearer look at her costume in Bendis League:

RCO016_w_1615888441.jpg

RCO016_w_1615888441.jpg
    I'm liking it. I feel like it's channeling the best aspects of all her modern costumes.

RCO016_w_1615888441.jpg
    Is that current? I've been a little out of touch with DC lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    Is that current? I've been a little out of touch with DC lately.
    Yeah, it's her latest costume as of the new Justice League run.