Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    But isn’t that one ex already Craig Windrow for Dinah?
    That one ex the regret for every day of the week.*

I was trying to be succinct.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    One of the innovations from SMALLVILLE that made sense was that, as portrayed by Alaina Huffman, Black Canary had short blonde hair (initially), and then in her civilian identity Dinah Lance wore a dark wig. Made MUCH more sense for a melee fighter and also really made it believable that she could maintain a secret identity - Huffman's looks really changed with the dark hair.
    Yeah, wasn't she portraying herself as a conservative news pundit to ward off attention?

Short hair makes sense. It's practical. It's not as visually dynamic as her traditionally long hair and I'm not here for it.

I get doing this sort of thing in live action where practicality is necessary on multiple fronts, but on the printed page? Bring on the classic design.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Short hair makes sense. It's practical. It's not as visually dynamic as her traditionally long hair and I'm not here for it.

I get doing this sort of thing in live action where practicality is necessary on multiple fronts, but on the printed page? Bring on the classic design.
    Hard same.

Incredible Member

I’m a fan of the character. NOT a fan of the times DC makes her Green Arrow’s weaker sidekick.

She needs to be separated from GA once and for all.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

JLU was one of the few times Dinah and Ollie were written as equals. That is how they should be written, IMO. Dinah is NOT just an adjunct to Ollie. She is a great character in her own right with a history dating back to the Golden Age of Comics. She and Ollie are partners.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    Attachment 107294Will always be my fav Canary Costume.i always say if something not broken why fix it.
    Because that’s not a merchandise friendly look. Just remember when they tried to do a Barbie with Dinah and parents refused to buy it, calling it a prostitute barbie. Also that look could be a big reason why she’s not a character on either Super Hero Girls series.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Because that’s not a merchandise friendly look. Just remember when they tried to do a Barbie with Dinah and parents refused to buy it, calling it a prostitute barbie. Also that look could be a big reason why she’s not a character on either Super Hero Girls series.
    I don't know it's specifically because of that. Zatanna sports a similar look in the modern reboot of DCSHG.

Dinah was in the comic for the original (and was kind of a bad guy) but never made the jump.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know it's specifically because of that. Zatanna sports a similar look in the modern reboot of DCSHG.

Dinah was in the comic for the original (and was kind of a bad guy) but never made the jump.
    They gave Zatanna her superhero look not the stage performer stockings look that’s similar to Dinah.

They gave Zatanna her superhero look not the stage performer stockings look that’s similar to Dinah.
    Her stage performer outfit is still there, though. And the way they adapted her Superhero look wouldn't be too off from how Dinah's costume has been adapted in animation before.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    JLU was one of the few times Dinah and Ollie were written as equals. That is how they should be written, IMO. Dinah is NOT just an adjunct to Ollie. She is a great character in her own right with a history dating back to the Golden Age of Comics. She and Ollie are partners.
    Bingo! Neither should defer to the other in hierarchy, though if the book is specifically called "Green Arrow" or "Black Canary," I can see one getting more focus and that's perfectly fair.

But they should be starring in a book called "Green Arrow/Black Canary."

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

How can you have a series about DC superhero girls and NOT have Black Canary?
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I think she showed up once as a villain.

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    I’m a fan of the character. NOT a fan of the times DC makes her Green Arrow’s weaker sidekick.

She needs to be separated from GA once and for all.
    Yeah, I agree. BC was an entirely separate character. Why should GA be the be all end all of BC's character?

I've always been partial to her and Dr. Mid-nite/Pieter Cross.

b070f5a171ef148faac85dff1f68aa38.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l400.jpg

My man, Pieter Cross got done dirty. They were dating and the writers just had Dinah jump all over Ollie after he was resurrected. All for the sake of nostalgia.

They could always re design the costume. Although I think the main problem could be that there are too many DC characters to fit into just one show.
    Last edited by John Venus; 04-04-2021 at 03:22 PM.

I think currently it's pretty clear that Dinah is above Ollie in terms of skill and power, she's just also his lover and Superhero partner and he's the lead of the book.
    Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    How can you have a series about DC superhero girls and NOT have Black Canary?
    I was surprised they never did anything with Vixen, aside from her practical cameo appearance.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    My man, Pieter Cross got done dirty. They were dating and the writers just had Dinah jump all over Ollie after he was resurrected. All for the sake of nostalgia.
    I love Pieter. He was great for Dinah. But I acknowledge that she loves Ollie more than anyone, for all his faults.