Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I never read the 90’s run I feel like I probably should now.
    You're honestly okay skipping it haha

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Lol fair enough. Have we had any Elekradevil/Typhoid moments? My two favorite femme fatales.

Extraordinary Member

Lol fair enough. Have we had any Elekradevil/Typhoid moments? My two favorite femme fatales.
    They had a tussel in KIB.Wasn't much though

I never read the 90’s run I feel like I probably should now.
    Even though the Nineties run is what got me into Elektra you can live without it. The beat that is getting repeated in Zdarsky's DD run is Elektra taking an orphaned girl under her wing. Her name was Nina McCabe and it didn't end particularly well for her. In fact it's really a plot thread that has been abandoned. The run you should definitely pick up is the Hardman/Del Mundo run from 2014. A fantastic series unfortunately cut short.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Even though the Nineties run is what got me into Elektra you can live without it. The beat that is getting repeated in Zdarsky's DD run is Elektra taking an orphaned girl under her wing. Her name was Nina McCabe and it didn't end particularly well for her. In fact it's really a plot thread that has been abandoned. The run you should definitely pick up is the Hardman/Del Mundo run from 2014. A fantastic series unfortunately cut short.
    Zdarsky is rehashing almost all of his plotlines from other runs.But when does this well I don't care.Also the art helps.

Own that run, and man, that was a beautiful book. I’m hoping we get another Elektra book after her turn as DD is over.

Checcetto work in progress from his Twitter
    IMG_20210518_214523.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Checcetto work in progress from his Twitter
    IMG_20210518_214523.jpg
    Bullseye?
    Also while we are at it I have some questions.
    The current DD is run seems to be running 2 very distinct plotlines.The kingpin stuff and the hand stuff.
    The question is do we think these are related?
    How long is DD going to be in prison?
    DD said Spider-man is watching over the kitchen.I know he is busy but when do we think he shows up again?
    How long is this run approx.?
    And lastly who do we think will die.Elektra or Matt.The king and the queen stuff.Again Elektra would be the common choice but i have a feeling they may kill matt and have elektra take over.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Bullseye?
    The current DD is run seems to be running 2 very distinct plotlines.The kingpin stuff and the hand stuff.
    DD said Spider-man is watching over the kitchen.I know he is busy but when do we think he shows up again?
    And lastly who do we think will die.Elektra or Matt.The king and the queen stuff.Again Elektra would be the common choice but i have a feeling they may kill matt and have elektra take over.
    Could Mike Murdock factor in and be the one that dies?

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    That's my bet.

Also: Squadron Savage preview (Heroes Reborn oneshot, Elektra is team leader)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenr...l-preview/amp/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    That seems plausible but at the same time an cop out.Also Mike is doing a lot of shady stuff is a sleazbag in general.Also pretty new.I doubt anyone would care if he died.
    Also issue 30 spoilers

The lines between Kingpin stuff and Hand stuff just got blurry.Atleast we know they are connected.
    Art is gorgeous.Using a young kid to fight crime feels wrong.
    It's interesting but I hope the plot picks up soon

That's my bet.

Also: Squadron Savage preview (Heroes Reborn oneshot, Elektra is team leader)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenr...l-preview/amp/
    Omg Swarm is amazing.

Today's issue was interesting. A tougher than normal foe (when using non-lethal techniques) with ties to an old enemy, and a shocking but unsurprising consequence of bringing a young ward on potentially deadly missions... eager to see how Elektra handles things

Yeah I really enjoyed this months issue, interesting to see that Elektra struggled a bit because she couldn't just kill him like she normally would. And is it my imagination, but is Alice getting shorter with every issue? The non Elektra pages illustrated by Hawthorne were good as well, I think he obviously needed a stronger colourist/inker because it looks much better now.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Bullseye?
    I think we will see Elektra as Daredevil for at least the rest of this year before he eventually gets out and reclaims his mantle. I also don't think that either Matt or Elektra will die in the end, like others have said I hope Mike Murdock goes because he is bloody awful! I can still see Elektra getting a solo title again once Matt is back. The Kingpin and Hand stuff aren't really related so far to me, though with the latest issue we see the Hand are back in play in New York.