Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Yup, that single panel is all Elektra gets in this week's Savage Avengers. At least we get another Daredevil next week, and with Checchetto back on art (not that I haven't enjoyed Hawthorne!)

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Yup, that single panel is all Elektra gets in this week's Savage Avengers. At least we get another Daredevil next week, and with Checchetto back on art (not that I haven't enjoyed Hawthorne!)
    I need to know if she is out of the book now as I'm so ready to drop it. I'm not interested in a Conan team up at all and I think it's quite funny that what seemed like a major plot point at the end of the first arc has been quickly resolved in 2 pages!

Yup! She's on a cover of an upcoming issue so I don't think she's entirely out, but it seems like the book has mostly dropped the original "team". I'm still marginally interested in the title so I can keep you updated lol

She’s having a better, more enjoyable time in Daredevil and it’s better for Elektra fans. I don’t think Elektra fits in team books, at least not ones where the writers make her the token female and really not use her. Also, does anyone really care that Conan is in the Marvel Universe?

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    She’s having a better, more enjoyable time in Daredevil and it’s better for Elektra fans. I don’t think Elektra fits in team books, at least not ones where the writers make her the token female and really not use her. Also, does anyone really care that Conan is in the Marvel Universe?
    I don't! The odd issue or arc has been alright but it's all felt very editorial mandated in order to make Conan look good and justify Marvel buying the rights for him.

Daredevil #33 Preview Checcetto is back baby!
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/08/06/ma...-daredevil-33/

Last edited by scouse mouse; 08-06-2021 at 11:59 AM.

Checchetto's art is so perfect for this book

Today's issue was pretty good spoilers:
    Elektra's fight with the three Bullseyes was well done and actually a little tense. We see Elektra's smarts, and I appreciated that for all her pride she wasn't afraid to call in some support.

And speaking of, I love that she got to have some screen time with Iron Man, and I'm eager to see what her upgrade consists of. I also like how Zdarsky and the artists depict each character's reaction to one another. Last issue made it look like Elektra was preparing to fight Spider-Man before their chat, and here you have Tony apparently preparing to fight Elektra in order to keep her there to heal.

Let's see how things progress, but I'm glad there's some new stuff for Elektra!
    end of spoilers

Today's issue was pretty good spoilers:
    Elektra's fight with the three Bullseyes was well done and actually a little tense. We see Elektra's smarts, and I appreciated that for all her pride she wasn't afraid to call in some support.

And speaking of, I love that she got to have some screen time with Iron Man, and I'm eager to see what her upgrade consists of. I also like how Zdarsky and the artists depict each character's reaction to one another. Last issue made it look like Elektra was preparing to fight Spider-Man before their chat, and here you have Tony apparently preparing to fight Elektra in order to keep her there to heal.

Let's see how things progress, but I'm glad there's some new stuff for Elektra!
    end of spoilers
    I really enjoyed this issue as well. Loved Elektra's interaction with spoilers:
    Stark
    end of spoilers and I'm curious as to the upgrades he will give her to deal with the Bullseyes. And of course Checcetto's art was magnificent as always!

Extraordinary Member

I have a question, was elektra taken... advantage of as a child.In Elektra: Assassin 1 is the issue btw

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I have a question, was elektra taken... advantage of as a child.In Elektra: Assassin 1 is the issue btw
    It's never explicitly said she was but it is very heavily implied something along those lines occurred, with her internal narration saying that doctors said it never really happened. It's never been mentioned ever again, with some writers going down the route of Hugo being physically abusive at times, whilst others have showed him as devoted to her and not mistreating her.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    It's never explicitly said she was but it is very heavily implied something along those lines occurred, with her internal narration saying that doctors said it never really happened. It's never been mentioned ever again, with some writers going down the route of Hugo being physically abusive at times, whilst others have showed him as devoted to her and not mistreating her.
    So like Sins Past type, happened but ignored forever unless for retcon.The difference being it was never confirmed , just heavily implied.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    So like Sins Past type, happened but ignored forever unless for retcon.The difference being it was never confirmed , just heavily implied.
    Exactly. I don't think we will ever see it referenced again.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Exactly. I don't think we will ever see it referenced again.
    And that's for the best, honestly. SA is obviously something that real-world women have to contend with, but it's an overused trope in most fiction imo.

Also: Zdarsky's last issue, but the not the end of his Daredevil saga?

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=127865719

And that's for the best, honestly. SA is obviously something that real-world women have to contend with, but it's an overused trope in most fiction imo.

Also: Zdarsky's last issue, but the not the end of his Daredevil saga?

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=127865719
    I was just going to post this. The book must be relaunching (again) though the timing is strange as #36 will be #648 in legacy numbers. I'd have thought they'd wait a couple more and relaunch after #650?