Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    That Heroes Reborn issue looks fun. As does the preview for the next DD issue.

I'm trying to think of some key Elektra moments in comics that would be cool to see in animated form... Bullseye and Elektra fight would be good but I'd hate to see her die. Does anyone have any they'd love to see from the comics?
    I'd like to see the opening arc from the Blackman/Del Mundo animated. That would be amazing! And maybe an adaptation of her Skrull fights and then Dark Reign.

That Heroes Reborn issue looks fun. As does the preview for the next DD issue.

I'm trying to think of some key Elektra moments in comics that would be cool to see in animated form... Bullseye and Elektra fight would be good but I'd hate to see her die. Does anyone have any they'd love to see from the comics?
    Hmmm... don't know about key, but: pretty much the entirety of the Blackman and Del Mundo run, Elektra and Wolverine vs the Hand in EOTS, and anything from the current Zdarsky DD run, for sure

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    I'd like to see the opening arc from the Blackman/Del Mundo animated. That would be amazing! And maybe an adaptation of her Skrull fights and then Dark Reign.
    Oh yeah! And Elektra vs Skrulls!

Happy International Women's Day to our scarlet murderess!

20210306_183055.jpg
    (And Elodie Yung)

20200511_182438.jpg
    By Sienkiewicz

6175923.jpg
    By Tedesco
    Last edited by tsaimelemoni; 03-08-2021 at 04:50 PM.

Were there any good moments from her 90's run that would work? I have yet to fully dive into that series...

Were there any good moments from her 90's run that would work? I have yet to fully dive into that series...
    IIRC she did snap (can't remember why) and go after the Hand with Wolverine, which also brought her into contact with Shang Chi. And maybe some of the mystic stuff with her, Strange, and The Architect.

Today's DD is light on Elektra, but it looks like she is continuing her tradition of adopting orphans lol

Why do they always fall back on that?! Nina, Abby (with her glowing fighting beads), god knows who else???. It's like male writers see female characters who fight and go "I know how to make them seem like they have changed/will change" and throw a pseudo-daughter at her and make her motherly.

Yeah, not my favorite take, but I'm hoping Zdarsky can finesse it. Though just taking on the mantle of DD should be enough for character growth/development...

It's my biggest complaint. It's a weird way to bring a strong character down and make her relatable. Did I miss any other of her young female sidekicks from the comics?

I'm actually disappointed in this turn of events. As we say this has been done before and Nina McCabe may have been in the nineties but it is canon and the writing makes it seem like this is totally alien to her. What happened to Nina hardened Elektra and put her back on the assassin path. It's always bugged me that all Elektra's solo stories seem to exist in a vacuum and they are never referenced or ignored by the next writer. Even what is happening right now with Savage Avengers and Daredevil both seem completely separate.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    I'm actually disappointed in this turn of events. As we say this has been done before and Nina McCabe may have been in the nineties but it is canon and the writing makes it seem like this is totally alien to her. What happened to Nina hardened Elektra and put her back on the assassin path. It's always bugged me that all Elektra's solo stories seem to exist in a vacuum and they are never referenced or ignored by the next writer. Even what is happening right now with Savage Avengers and Daredevil both seem completely separate.
    Some editors aren’t doing their job... or one is a Skrull again...

Some editors aren’t doing their job... or one is a Skrull again...
    Lol. As if an editor in Marvel would actually you know, EDIT! Even the Skrull abduction is largely forgotten with just the events in Wolverine:EOTS getting referenced repeatedly.

Great Elektra image

That is great! And while I like Elektra's new baton-sai, I'm kinda eager for her to get back to her stabbin' sai...