Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

I’m just so happy to have her showing up in a book on a regular basis. Yes, she is in Savage Avengers but she really doesn’t do much in it and it’s a team book. I love that we get to see some growth with her and maybe she’ll come out of this with a new lease on life and not just go back to killing people for money.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I’m just so happy to have her showing up in a book on a regular basis. Yes, she is in Savage Avengers but she really doesn’t do much in it and it’s a team book. I love that we get to see some growth with her and maybe she’ll come out of this with a new lease on life and not just go back to killing people for money.
    Same - I may not want her to completely lose her lethality, but I'm more than fine with her moving on from being a killer for hire.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Same - I may not want her to completely lose her lethality, but I'm more than fine with her moving on from being a killer for hire.
    I don't mind her taking contracts with SHIELD or whatever, but yeah, just the rando corporate mogul or politician seems to be something she should've moved past by now. Just as lethal, but more discerning of her clientele. And I'm sure if SHIELD needs someone of Elektra's skillset, they would more than likely pay her whatever she wants.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

There's a smidgen of Elektra here:

Preview for DD 29. Is it me, or does Elektra's new ward look a lot younger/smaller than previous issues?

Note: link is for a pdf version
    https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/Prevue/FEB210641

Edit: non-pdf/download version:

https://comicbookdispatch.com/daredevil-29-preview/
    Last edited by tsaimelemoni; 04-09-2021 at 10:34 PM.

Definitely feel like this is going down like a better written and illustrated version of her Nineties ongoing with Nina and when she was first trying to turn her back on killing. If Zdarsky actually references anything from that I will be amazed!

Elektra had a few interesting pages in this last issue. Her way of sending a message to the new Kingpin was certainly something... and on the new ward front, Elektra continues to set a shining and not at all problematic example lol

I would like more than 5 pages a month of Elektra, even if they are gorgeous to look at. I'm disappointed that we are getting spoilers:
    Bullseye
    end of spoilers again. I'm so bored of seeing that particular fight over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    I would like more than 5 pages a month of Elektra, even if they are gorgeous to look at. I'm disappointed that we are getting spoilers:
    Bullseye
    end of spoilers again. I'm so bored of seeing that particular fight over and over again.
    Oh, me too. I think we all knew that's who it would be, unfortunately. Between that and Alice... if we're gonna do a greatest hits from Elektra's past, surely there's something more interesting? Or just fully embracing her new path without saddling it with these retreads?

I don't know. Feeling equally excited that we're getting Elektra content, and disappointed with some of the actual content lol.

Oh, me too. I think we all knew that's who it would be, unfortunately. Between that and Alice... if we're gonna do a greatest hits from Elektra's past, surely there's something more interesting? Or just fully embracing her new path without saddling it with these retreads?

I don't know. Feeling equally excited that we're getting Elektra content, and disappointed with some of the actual content lol.
    I always go back to Blackman's run. That opening arc with Bloody Lips and Black Crow was so fresh and exciting. Seeing her interact with all the new characters and striking out away from Daredevil. Zdarsky does write her brilliantly and I'd love to see him write her as Elektra and away from Matt. I'm hopeful that once Matt gets back out there will be another Elektra ongoing written by him, independent of Daredevil.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    I always go back to Blackman's run. That opening arc with Bloody Lips and Black Crow was so fresh and exciting. Seeing her interact with all the new characters and striking out away from Daredevil. Zdarsky does write her brilliantly and I'd love to see him write her as Elektra and away from Matt. I'm hopeful that once Matt gets back out there will be another Elektra ongoing written by him, independent of Daredevil.
    Man, the Blackman/del Mundo run was so great. And you know, if the stuff in Daredevil leads to Elektra getting another solo (or even mini) I'll count it as a win

Man, the Blackman/del Mundo run was so great. And you know, if the stuff in Daredevil leads to Elektra getting another solo (or even mini) I'll count it as a win
    Yeah that's what I'm hoping will happen and think there is a good chance they will. Marvel is doing really well with their female lead books, if you haven't tried them Black Widow and Black Cat are fantastic, especially Black Cat. I have faith that if they launch a solo for her again they'd give her the push she deserves. And if Checcetto ended up drawing the series lead artist then I will be in heaven!

I've tried and am enjoying Black Widow, but the last issue of Black Cat was a little meh.

Upcoming Daredevil from the July solicitations!

Daredevil-32-Cover.jpg

DAREDEVIL #32
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W) • MIKE HAWTHORNE (A) • COVER BY MARCO CHECCHETTO
    MARVEL ANIME VARIANT COVER BY PEACH MOMOKO
    “LOCKDOWN” STARTS HERE!
    • The Angel of Death has come to Hell’s Kitchen and New York City. A series of grisly murders tests Elektra’s mettle and commitment to her role as the new DAREDEVIL, as the city spirals in a state of near panic.
    • Meanwhile, Matt Murdock faces tests and challenges of his own, as the inmates he’s serving time alongside aren’t the ones in the prison targeting him…
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

DD still being the consistently solid to good book it has been for much of its history glad Elektra is a constant.....its interesting I remember when they brought her back as much as I loved her I was deadset aganist it.

Quote Originally Posted by cam18 View Post
    DD still being the consistently solid to good book it has been for much of its history glad Elektra is a constant.....its interesting I remember when they brought her back as much as I loved her I was deadset aganist it.
    I'm just glad they did go against Frank's wishes and bring her back as I would likely never have heard of her! I first read her when I picked up her nineties ongoing and whilst it hasn't aged well, it was enough to get me hooked on her for over 20 years.