Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    I got another idea for a Blue Marvel villain: The Blue Vision.

An alternate version to the original Vision, this one was designed by Doctor Adam Brashear using brain patterns partially based on those of the Blue Marvel and his son, Kevin Brashear. Colored blue and white, he sharply resembles the classic look of the Blue Marvel. Programmed to assist Adam around the Kadesh Base and also to explore the unknown regions of Exo-Space; he comes in contact with Iso-8 radiation, short-circuiting. Now rebelling against his programming, he sets out to attack Adam Brashear and ultimately the Avengers.
    Smart minds think alike. I thought about Adam creating a "Blue Servitor" construct back in 2018: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4012476 . I still think it's a good idea. Every great mind eventually creates some form of AI. Plus, Adam clearly had an affinity for H.E.R.B.I.E in the Dr. Doom series. That might have encouraged him to move forward on creating his own tech.

That said, Adam has been around the block. He's fought some extremely powerful and deadly constructs in his time. I wonder if he'd incorporate any safeguards into a servitor's specs? Then again, as the old Jurassic Park movies keep reminding us, life in any form is chaotic and unpredictable.
    Attached Images Attached Images

More Blue Marvel fancasting ideas.

Redaric Williams is not a universally recognized actor, but he has TV series experience. He's about 6'2", so no camera trickery needed when standing next to Hemsworth (Thor). Also -- and Marvel artists please pay attention to this last point -- he's about 40 years of age. (Given that Adam Brashear is supposed to look like a man in his 40s, not an old man with J. Jonah Jameson gray hair, maybe at some point someone will get a clue and change Adam's look accordingly?)

Don't know this for a fact, but I have a strong hunch that he'd look great with Teyonah Parris on his arm in the MCU.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post

Redaric Williams is not a universally recognized actor, but he has TV series experience. He's about 6'2", so no camera trickery needed when standing next to Hemsworth (Thor). Also -- and Marvel artists please pay attention to this last point -- he's about 40 years of age. (Given that Adam Brashear is supposed to look like a man in his 40s, not an old man with J. Jonah Jameson gray hair, maybe at some point someone will get a clue and change Adam's look accordingly?)

Don't know this for a fact, but I have a strong hunch that he'd look great with Teyonah Parris on his arm in the MCU.
    He looks like he's 30. I agree that Adam does not have to have J. Jonah Jameson look. If we're going the bald head look, Henry Simmons would be a shoe in. He's about 6'4 and has the frame and he's a pretty good actor. I remember him on NYPD Blue. My first choice for Adam is Blair Underwood. Denzel has kinda aged out of the role, but Blair is the closest thing to him. He's often referred to as the poor man's Denzel.

Incredible Member

He doesn't have the right look I picture Adam a tad darker and less if a Pretty boy

Fantastic Member

Definitely mature/handsome over pretty boy.

Twenty years ago Ernie Hudson would’ve been perfect as Adam...:

Even today, he’d still pull it off imo...:

Hi all. Quick question, how do we feel about Blue Marvel becoming leader of the main Avengers team? Or at the very least, being co-leader with Monica Rambeau? While I'm always cool with a traditional Avengers line-up with some mix of Cap, Tony, and/or Thor, part of me wants to shake it up. This starts with who's in the chairperson/leadership position. Looking at the credentials, I think Blue Marvel would be an excellent candidate. The power (of which we're still learning), the intellect, Dr. Brashear would bring much to the table. I'd pair him with Spectrum since she was once chairwoman of the Avengers (and thus brings continuity with the Avengers' past) and since she's already in a relationship with him. Plus, in her most powerful form, she is quite formidable. When Thanos, Ultron, Kang, the Skrulls, Celestials, and whoever else attack Earth, you need some heavy hitters.

At the same time, there would be resistance against Blue Marvel heading the Avengers. While him being in that role would elevate the position of people of color, (and I still think that he would be a champion for all people), others would see that differently. The most powerful Black man ever leading Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Some people would be afraid of that. Is he going to look out for one group and not the other? Is he going to swoop in and destroy all the police departments in America? Blue Marvel would have to contend with those fears. These themes would make for uncomfortable stories. But maybe productive and healing ones as well.

In any case, would love to hear your thoughts.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    The most powerful Black man ever leading Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Some people would be afraid of that.
    Black Panther is already leading the Avengers.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Black Panther is already leading the Avengers.
    Ha true mugiwara. Apologies for any misunderstandings. Perhaps it would better to say one of the most powerful Black men ever leading Earth's Mightiest Heroes.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

I’d cast him as Kevin but not a good fit for Adam imo

Ha true mugiwara. Apologies for any misunderstandings. Perhaps it would better to say one of the most powerful Black men ever leading Earth's Mightiest Heroes.
    No, you had it right the first time.

And I’d be all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    He doesn't have the right look I picture Adam a tad darker and less if a Pretty boy
    Thor was never meant to be a "pretty boy", either, and yet here we are. Even Thanos was portrayed by a character that many find on the more attractive side of the spectrum in Brolin. Looks aren't everything, but let's not nix a guy because he can act and also happens to be good looking.

Thor was never meant to be a "pretty boy", either, and yet here we are. Even Thanos was portrayed by a character that many find on the more attractive side of the spectrum in Brolin. Looks aren't everything, but let's not nix a guy because he can act and also happens to be good looking.
    Well, there's a lot more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good looking yeah.

Hi all. Quick question, how do we feel about Blue Marvel becoming leader of the main Avengers team? Or at the very least, being co-leader with Monica Rambeau? While I'm always cool with a traditional Avengers line-up with some mix of Cap, Tony, and/or Thor, part of me wants to shake it up. This starts with who's in the chairperson/leadership position. Looking at the credentials, I think Blue Marvel would be an excellent candidate. The power (of which we're still learning), the intellect, Dr. Brashear would bring much to the table. I'd pair him with Spectrum since she was once chairwoman of the Avengers (and thus brings continuity with the Avengers' past) and since she's already in a relationship with him. Plus, in her most powerful form, she is quite formidable. When Thanos, Ultron, Kang, the Skrulls, Celestials, and whoever else attack Earth, you need some heavy hitters.

At the same time, there would be resistance against Blue Marvel heading the Avengers. While him being in that role would elevate the position of people of color, (and I still think that he would be a champion for all people), others would see that differently. The most powerful Black man ever leading Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Some people would be afraid of that. Is he going to look out for one group and not the other? Is he going to swoop in and destroy all the police departments in America? Blue Marvel would have to contend with those fears. These themes would make for uncomfortable stories. But maybe productive and healing ones as well.

Whether or not Blue Marvel would be a good leader of the main Avengers team hinges on the writer. Ewing and Cantwell both portrayed Adam as too cerebral, overly cautious, inexplicably naive, the subject of mental lapses, someone almost sheepishly willing to accept the advice and counsel of others instead of following his own compass, and a man given to temperament that doesn't always coincide with his immediate environs. He never once individually engaged Thanos or Doctor Doom, two of the multiverses most dangerous men, and to be honest, the type of villains that he was created to regularly oppose. If the writer of this proposed Avengers team adheres to Ewing or Cantwell, then, no, Adam won't be an effective leader. But if they set aside the past treatments, yes, Adam has a chance to be one of the greats.

As for public perception, Captain America is far more liberal and politically activated than Adam Brashear. If two terms of an African American president followed by a single administration of a corrupt semi-fascist president still makes the majority of America run to their fear closets, then screw them. If Cap and Iron Man don't have to deal with irrational fears -- racially motivated or not -- then Blue Marvel shouldn't have to deal with it. I'd encourage the creative team to write about a more compelling conflict.

The simple fact is Adam can destroy the planet many times over. He could have done that back in 1962. He can do it now in 2021. The fact that he has never even hinted at trying to do something like that should earn him some level of trust with the public. In a world where gods, omega level mutants and cosmic abstracts walk the Earth, sure, I get that normal humans will always have their concerns. But if it's up to me, I'm taking a pass on the social anxiety themes and subplots. If Adam is heading up the team, I let him cut loose and show why he's humanity's greatest ally.

Farewell deconstruction. Hello reconstruction. Adam would be perfect to lead the charge into the next era. But he needs the right writer.

Extraordinary Member

I would love to see him on the team filling the roles or Thor (power level) and Iron Man (intellect).