Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon jiren View Post
    Icon: So what am I chopped liver?

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Icon. Val-Zod. Calvin Ellis. Superman of Earth D (who also shares the name Kal-El). Sunshine Superman. To a lesser extent, Tangent Superman and Steel. DC has a number of Black characters that have been called Superman at some point or another. The beauty of a lore steeped in parallel universes, I guess.

Obviously, there is quite a bit of backstory and controversy behind this Superman move from WB, but I found it interesting as this relates to our collective wish that Adam Brashear appear in the MCU someday. I hope that Marvel goes about it the right way.

This was posted in the dc forum.
    ​Well there is a kal-el who is black from earth-d,and that happen in comics before val-zod and the other black supermen.
    Kal-El (Earth-D) | DC Database | FANDOM powered by Wikia

Superman is the greatest hero on Earth-D. With his wife, Supergirl, he is a leading member of the Justice Alliance of America.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Kal-El_(Earth-D)

Maybe they are talking about kalel(calvin ellis) and not kal-el(clark kent).
    The one michael b. jordan said he wanted play was calvin ellis but alot folks don't realize that it is still not clark kent but their kryptonian names are the same but written differently.

That could be the confusion.

Kalel (Earth 23)
    President Superman

Kalel is the Superman of Earth 23. In his civilian identity, he is Calvin Ellis, President of the United States of America.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Kalel_(Earth_23)

Student Of The Game Podcast Tavares E quote-
    Calvin Ellis name is Kalel. Clark Kent is Kal-El. I think the author of the article probably assumed that both names are written the same.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ilers)/page794
    Last edited by mace11; 05-05-2021 at 04:07 PM.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    May ask what your post is in response to? I don't get it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    May ask what your post is in response to? I don't get it.
    Edited above.

If only Robert Townsend would reach out to Marvel (or vice versa) to get Meteor Man up and running for a reboot. Then the weight of "Uber powerful Black hero" won't be solely on Adam's shoulders. I'd love to see a team up between the two, especially out there traversing through iconic locations of the Marvel cosmos, kickin' ass and takin' names.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    If only Robert Townsend would reach out to Marvel (or vice versa) to get Meteor Man up and running for a reboot. Then the weight of "Uber powerful Black hero" won't be solely on Adam's shoulders. I'd love to see a team up between the two, especially out there traversing through iconic locations of the Marvel cosmos, kickin' ass and takin' names.
    We will have to wait to see how powerful monica will be in mcu and like i said in this thread there be will two black superman/flash/thor like superheroes in the Eternals (2021).

Phastos and Makkari.
    Uber powerful heroes as well.

Phastos a thor/superman type.
    Makkari a flash/superman type.

Note-
    Monica will be uber powerful in the mcu as well like she is in the comics.
    Last edited by mace11; 05-05-2021 at 07:43 PM.

Amazing Member

I know this is the Blue Marvel appreciation thread but I wanted hear everyone's thoughts on this video
    Last edited by Carbon jiren; 05-05-2021 at 07:02 PM.

Niffleheim

I hardly EVER agree with this person so there is no point blessing him with my clicks.

Invincible Member

YoungRippa isn't as bad as some of the guys out there, but he's another anti-SJW grifter.

I agree with the overall message. I'm fine with multiversal takes on characters or even mantle bearers (Readhead Wally is my Flash for example) but I do not want that to replace effort being put into original Black characters, more importantly, standalone Black characters who are designed to be leaders of their own franchises (ie Black Panther, Spawn).

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    His most well known story is about the past. He reads old. He acts old. He looks old. Old OLD OLD To me that is

Maybe they need a new story and a better setting for him. He needs to be a Cosmic character full time.
    He has a family and he doesn't seem like the type that would just leave them.

Can't believe I'm about to say this, but at this point if it takes giving Adam Quantum Bands and passing him off as another Quasar just so he can be added to a cosmic team, I'll support it. Sad that it's come to this.
    There are currently two active Quasars.
    Last edited by Venom Melendez; 05-05-2021 at 10:31 PM.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    He has a family and he doesn't seem like the type that would abandon them.
    They are grown ass ppl with their own life to live so that excuse is moot.

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

It's not moot, he still their father. That doesn't change just because they're older.

That being said, i would like to see him going on adventures with his kids and Monica. Ewing already gave us a taste of that with Adam having gone on adventures with his son Kevin.
    Last edited by Venom Melendez; 05-05-2021 at 10:32 PM.

Niffleheim

Adventures with kids? He can barely get a standalone story how will he even manage to get a family adventure?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    There are currently two active Quasars.
    Yes, I know. That was kind of my point, noting the fact that they can push teams with multiple Quasar types -- and for that matter, events with DC analogs -- while characters like Adam sit on the shelf.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon jiren View Post
    I know this is the Blue Marvel appreciation thread but I wanted hear everyone's thoughts on this video...
    Without watching the entire video, my position has always been that I never wanted a Black Superman, Black Hulk, Black Spider-Man, Black Captain America, Black Iron Man, Black Scarlet Witch, or whatever the case may be. I always wanted Marvel to create a unique Black cosmic character with his own mantle, lore, villains, etc. I don't want him to replace Thor, I want him to fight alongside and/or against Thor. Had Marvel done that 40, 50 years ago, maybe it wouldn't be so damn difficult for said character to gain traction now. He'd already be authentically part of Marvel's tapestry. Maybe.