Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Czarnian View Post
    I'd want a more serious approach though, given the subject matter (if they decide to tell Adam's origin story on-screen). Not so dry that it is boring, I mean. But not a quippy, jolly merchandise-mover like the MCU tends to be. Something a little more sober and emotional.
    Agreed. That's why I was thinking a Nolan or Denis Villeneuve would be able to capture that tone. Not sure how you felt about Man of Steel, but it felt more like a Sci Fi themed movie more than the traditional superman take. That's kind of the way I see Adam, more science based with a little bit of fantasy, especially when we start talking about the neutral zone and cosmic entities.
    Last edited by Carbon jiren; 03-04-2021 at 04:53 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon jiren View Post
    Agreed. That's why I was thinking a Nolan or Denis Villeneuve would be able that capture the tone. Not sure how you felt about Man of Steel, but it felt more like a sci Fi theme movie than the traditional superman take. That's kind of the way I see Adam, more science based with a little bit of fantasy, especially when we start talking about the neutral zone and cosmic entities.
    Yeah I think we're in the right ball park there. I did quite like the harder sci-fi lean of MoS.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I hear you, HL. Like I said, keep the faith. We'll find out one way or another in 3 short days.
    With WandaVision now concluded, if there's anyone out there who is considering subscribing to Disney+ in hopes of seeing Blue Marvel -- or for that matter, Monica Rambeau actually doing something impactful in the final episode -- save your money. There's no Blue Marvel intro or Easter eggs in the series. Instead, go treat yourself to a good novel. Or even a McDonald's Happy Meal. Either of the two would be more satisfying.

Ultimate Member

With WandaVision now concluded, if there's anyone out there who is considering subscribing to Disney+ in hopes of seeing Blue Marvel -- or for that matter, Monica Rambeau actually doing something impactful in the final episode -- save your money. There's no Blue Marvel intro or Easter eggs in the series. Instead, go treat yourself to a good novel. Or even a McDonald's Happy Meal. Either of the two would be more satisfying.
    Or, ya know, enjoy the story on its own merits

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Or, ya know, enjoy the story on its own merits
    You mean the story where a "hero" creates a crisis, causes considerable harm to innocents in the process, but "saves the day" in the end and everyone applauds her like only her emotional trauma and familial concern matters? That story???

Sidebar: I will say for those of you who keep insisting that Adam should be portrayed as older, well, you took it on the chin in WandaVision. Agatha Harkness definitely did not look like a woman who was hundreds of years old. I wonder why?

Amazing Member

You mean the story where a "hero" creates a crisis, causes considerable harm to innocents in the process, but "saves the day" in the end and everyone applauds her like only her emotional trauma and familial concern matters? That story???

Sidebar: I will say for those of you who keep insisting that Adam should be portrayed as older, well, you took it on the chin in WandaVision. Agatha Harkness definitely did not look like a woman who was hundreds of years old. I wonder why?
    Why was Agatha cast as someone younger than her comic book counter part? Your guess is as good as mine. Maybe she used her magic to keep herself young by draining magic from others. Still doesn't bolster the idea that Adam being cast younger than he should be will be believable. Elizabeth Olsen is 32 and Paul Betnay is 49 yrs old which means when age of Ultron came out in 2015 he was 44 and she was 26. Chances are he'll be around for a few more years to do another appearance in his 50's. Vision (in his human form), to me, seems very believable as Wanda's partner . The ageism defense simply doesn't hold water I'm afraid. My Chin is perfectly fine by the way
    Last edited by Carbon jiren; 03-05-2021 at 05:25 PM.

Why was Agatha cast as someone younger than her comic book counter part? Your guess is as good as mine. Maybe she used her magic to keep herself young by draining magic from others. Still doesn't bolster the idea that Adam being cast younger than he should be will be believable. Elizabeth Olsen is 32 and Paul Betnay is 49 yrs old which means when age of Ultron came out in 2015 he was 44 and she was 26. Chances are he'll be around for a few more years to do another appearance in his 50's. Vision (in his human form), to me, seems very believable as Wanda's partner . The ageism defense simply doesn't hold water I'm afraid. My Chin is perfectly fine by the way
    Cast a younger white woman for Agatha. Believable. Totally ok.

Cast a younger black man for Adam. Not believable. Totally not ok.

I get it.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Ultimate Member

Oh no, a morally ambiguous hero! Whatever shall we do?

Oh no, a morally ambiguous hero! Whatever shall we do?
    Get a new dictionary?

Not morally ambiguous. A villain. It's time we call it for what it is. Consider if that had been the first iteration of the Molecule Man what the response would have been. You can't go around kidnaping an entire town of people and bending them to your will because you're too damn stupid to seek the assistance of a proper mental healthcare physician.

Ultimate Member

Get a new dictionary?

Not morally ambiguous. A villain. It's time we call it for what it is. Consider if that had been the first iteration of the Molecule Man what the response would have been. You can't go around kidnaping an entire town of people and bending them to your will because you're too damn stupid to seek the assistance of a proper mental healthcare physician.
    But it's not Molecule Man, its the Scarlet Witch, who's fought to save the world, and was overwhelmed by a lifetime of tragedy and powers she doesn't/didn't full understand.

I mean, consider Wanda's point of view for a second. She's in a world celebrating half a billion miracle returns, while she herself was forced to kill Vision, only to watch him be murdered. She watched the man she loved die twice, and stay dead as the world celebrates countless resurrections. I'm not surprised she snapped.

Extraordinary Member

If we don’t get older Adam, then we lose his sons and daughter. Which is where a lot of his drama and story comes from.

Ultimate Member

If we ever get Adam in the main MCU, be prepared for him to be put on a shelf. Because most every character is gonna be on one

Amazing Member

But it's not Molecule Man, its the Scarlet Witch, who's fought to save the world, and was overwhelmed by a lifetime of tragedy and powers she doesn't/didn't full understand.

I mean, consider Wanda's point of view for a second. She's in a world celebrating half a billion miracle returns, while she herself was forced to kill Vision, only to watch him be murdered. She watched the man she loved die twice, and stay dead as the world celebrates countless resurrections. I'm not surprised she snapped.
    Both arguments have valid points here. By the way could you imagine molecule man in the mcu! They would have to nerf his powers for sure.

Amazing Member

If we ever get Adam in the main MCU, be prepared for him to be put on a shelf. Because most every character is gonna be on one
    I feel like he's the type of character that should be leading a team. I was even thinking have him in another universe besides the 616. That way you could focus more on him and bring back avengers that were killed off during end game. I would follow the origin story that Kevin Grevioux wrote and include the Avengers. Don't have to bring back Robert Downey Jr., instead Tom Cruiz, for captain marvel, Charlize Theron instead of Brie Larson.

Ultimate Member

I feel like he's the type of character that should be leading a team. I was even thinking have him in another universe besides the 616. That way you could focus more on him and bring back avengers that were killed off during end game. I would follow the origin story that Kevin Grevioux wrote and include the Avengers. Don't have to bring back Robert Downey Jr., instead Tom Cruiz, for captain marvel, Charlize Theron instead of Brie Larson.
    The MCU uses actors who have lives outside of their roles. So yeah, he gets a movie, he then goes on a shelf exploring/whatever until next movie, then repeat.