Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    I agree I don't really think Marvel is all the interested in having consistent characters usurping Thor and Hulk in the strength and power dept. Hyperion they use quite a bit but mostly in alternate universe stories. Which I don't mind. I sort of enjoy him in those type of stories. I really enjoyed supreme power.
    Hickman was trying to make Hyperion a main stay character especially for the Avengers(and beautifully done too), but Marvel said "NOPE!"

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    My understanding is that Captain Marvel in the MCU is far more powerful than just about every character. If they haven't boosted the comic version yet, I'm sure they will. She'll be as powerful as the writer wants her to be, like the other franchise characters.
    I'm pretty sure Carol is still weaker now compared to her Binary days (Think she was around Silver Surfer's level back then), which's weird because, you'd expect them to beef her up when they were trying to push her for some reason, but nope lol.

Anyways, aside from his mini, and maybe Ewing's Ultimates, any recommended reading for Adam? Assuming he even has a big role besides those...

Carol in the comics(don't know about MCU) is not in the same class as Thor, Hulk, Superman, Shazam, Hyperion or Sentry. And this has been shown multiple times.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Guardian of Good View Post
    Hickman was trying to make Hyperion a main stay character especially for the Avengers(and beautifully done too), but Marvel said "NOPE!"
    Well, they did put out that Hyperion series a few years ago, but no one bought it.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I'm pretty sure Carol is still weaker now compared to her Binary days (Think she was around Silver Surfer's level back then), which's weird because, you'd expect them to beef her up when they were trying to push her for some reason, but nope lol.

Anyways, aside from his mini, and maybe Ewing's Ultimates, any recommended reading for Adam? Assuming he even has a big role besides those...
    They were "pushing" Carol for trademark reasons. Some people think it's because Marvel wanted their version of Wonder Woman or because of "politics" but it's really just about business.

I'd recommend Mighty Avengers. BM doesn't have a major role but I think it reintroduced him to a lot of readers.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Mighty Avengers and Captain America and the Mighty Avengers, if you haven't read those already. They lead to the Ultimates.

There's also last year's Doctor Doom limited series, but I generally don't refer many Blue Marvel fans to that series. Still, if you're the type that prefers character appearances over characterization and substantive contribution, go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    They were "pushing" Carol for trademark reasons. Some people think it's because Marvel wanted their version of Wonder Woman or because of "politics" but it's really just about business.

I'd recommend Mighty Avengers. BM doesn't have a major role but I think it reintroduced him to a lot of readers.
    We -- all of us -- can only speculate. I mean there's no reason why they couldn't have given the Captain Marvel name to anyone. Or reverted to Monica and raised her profile, if it was purely for trademark protections. If memory serves, Monica was actively being used during this window in time. That's why the "push" theories circulated.

Well, they did put out that Hyperion series a few years ago, but no one bought it.
    Should've kept him longer in the Avengers than turning him bad and then having his own solo too soon.

Should've kept him longer in the Avengers than turning him bad and then having his own solo too soon.
    Or Hickman could have just used Blue Marvel for his epic Avengers run, instead of creating yet another version of Hyperion.

Ultimate Member

Tbh, I don't really think Marvel needs another flying brick

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    I think Marvel doesn't need another writer who pens characters like Blue Marvel as if they are flying bricks. But something tells me neither one of us will get what we want in that regard.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Or Hickman could have just used Blue Marvel for his epic Avengers run, instead of creating yet another version of Hyperion.

Definitely not arguing against this.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    I really dislike this type of criticism. Marvel doesn't need more telepaths, speedsters, reality warpers, Spider-Men, Hulks, Symbiotes(dont even get me started), etc, etc.

And yes.... Marvel NEEDS... No... COMICS IN GENERL NEEDS a BLACK powerhouse thats on the level of Superman...

I really dislike this type of criticism. Marvel doesn't need more telepaths, speedsters, reality warpers, Spider-Men, Hulks, Symbiotes(dont even get me started), etc, etc.

And yes.... Marvel NEEDS... No... COMICS IN GENERL NEEDS a BLACK powerhouse thats on the level of Superman...
    I agree wholeheartedly

It's still weird they didn't make some dumb story to beef her up to really push that status, even if it was gonna be temporary.

Like really, she was being wanked in awkward ways since before she wasn't liked that much, now suddenly she's the most popular hero ever, they definitely didn't care about writing quality so it's surprising they didn't make her stronger on top of that lol.

Mighty Avengers and Captain America and the Mighty Avengers, if you haven't read those already. They lead to the Ultimates.
    Thanks.

There's also last year's Doctor Doom limited series, but I generally don't refer many Blue Marvel fans to that series. Still, if you're the type that prefers character appearances over characterization and substantive contribution, go for it.
    I checked out a bit of that Doctor Doom mini, don't remember seeing Adam doing much besides bitching at Doom being Doom, but it's been a while.

And I'm kinda curious to learn the kind of character he is, so I'm more curious about stories that help define him, if I were interested in just checking out random appearances, I'd just check the wiki lol.