Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Czarnian View Post
    The only problem with sending Adam to his own world would be the feat-addicts who would dismiss the series because it isn't set on the main 616 Earth. Kind of like how Ultimate Galactus was nowhere near his 616 counterpart, or how badly jobbed King Hyperion was when he arrived in the 616.
    Personally, this is not a concern. I'd never write to satisfy feat fetishists (sorry, pun) and I'm sure the professionals wouldn't either. Truthfully, it's a bit of a misconception that every universe is weaker than 616. After all, for every alternate universe Hyperion that is weaker than 616 Hulk, there's at least one that turned 616 Hulk back into Banner with a single punch. And I wonder, are these feat fiends also dismissive of the Beyonder realm as weak, because it isn't natively 616?

Adam is the man! Loved him in Ultimates.
    But I'd like to see more of him, a solo book where they flesh out the character more.

I think a way to sidestep the whole feat thing is to establish what each foe of Blue Marvel can do explicitly. I'd even go as far to say specifically using 616 character standards/feats as a guideline so that there's no debating whether or not things would translate over. Not saying feats are the most important aspect but I belive they should be one of the main draws to the character, he should be a "Marvel" to watch in action with the amazing stuff he pulls off.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Czarnian View Post
    The only problem with sending Adam to his own world would be the feat-addicts who would dismiss the series because it isn't set on the main 616 Earth. Kind of like how Ultimate Galactus was nowhere near his 616 counterpart, or how badly jobbed King Hyperion was when he arrived in the 616.
    You can have minor characters who are on that level enough to scale and bring them in to show off. Like they used Firelord to fight phoenix instead of thor, because these two characters were relatively even even though they weren't able to use thor himself, it transferred the message.

There's also more need for hard feats instead of scaling. Like cracking a planet on panel

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Personally, this is not a concern. I'd never write to satisfy feat fetishists (sorry, pun) and I'm sure the professionals wouldn't either. Truthfully, it's a bit of a misconception that every universe is weaker than 616. After all, for every alternate universe Hyperion that is weaker than 616 Hulk, there's at least one that turned 616 Hulk back into Banner with a single punch. And I wonder, are these feat fiends also dismissive of the Beyonder realm as weak, because it isn't natively 616?
    I could live with that too, in fairness. I can live with characters being written to serve the story if said writing does not take me out of said story.

Have to say though, the feat pun was delicious. Never met a pun that I couldn't get along with.

Moon Knight and Blue Marvel.

Could it work? If not, why? If so, under what circumstances would you team up these heroes?

Could it work? If not, why? If so, under what circumstances would you team up these heroes?
    Na, I'm good. My guy needs to be rubbing shoulders with heralds and cosmic threats.

Blue Marvel & Silver Surfer's multi-versal adventures? Now that's something I'd be excited to read.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post
    Na, I'm good. My guy needs to be rubbing shoulders with heralds and cosmic threats.

Blue Marvel & Silver Surfer's multi-versal adventures? Now that's something I'd be excited to read.
    Same. Blue Marvel is meant to be a cosmic hero on the level or greater than captain marvel. That was made clear when he first met the watcher Uatu and his run with the ultimates.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post

Yes! When I saw the lineup of multiple Guardians of The Galaxy teams, with so many replicating character types....and Ewing just couldn't fathom putting Blue Marvel on any one of them????? All this feels like a certain demographic is really trying to box out black heroes with hugh potential.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Yes! When I saw the lineup of multiple Guardians of The Galaxy teams, with so many replicating character types....and Ewing just couldn't fathom putting Blue Marvel on any one of them????? All this feels like a certain demographic is really trying to box out black heroes with hugh potential.
    Both a shame and a travesty if there is any truth to that. Marvel are currently leaving money on the table, with Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    On the one hand, I'm fully on record suggesting that the Quantum Bands should be Marvel's equivalent of the Green Lantern Rings. In a roundabout way that would make the Guardians of the Galaxy something akin to the Green Lantern Corps, if the plan is to stock the team with all of the Quantum and Nega Band wielders that Marvel has. I won't be mad at Ewing if that's where he's going with this.

But...

As it's now almost April and there's no word of Adam appearing anywhere for the foreseeable future, it does leave the impression that they are sunsetting Blue Marvel. It's not difficult to imagine a role for Adam in any of the projects that will be released this year. But I guess we say that every year.

Amazing Member

On the one hand, I'm fully on record suggesting that the Quantum Bands should be Marvel's equivalent of the Green Lantern Rings. In a roundabout way that would make the Guardians of the Galaxy something akin to the Green Lantern Corps, if the plan is to stock the team with all of the Quantum and Nega Band wielders that Marvel has. I won't be mad at Ewing if that's where he's going with this.

But...

As it's now almost April and there's no word of Adam appearing anywhere for the foreseeable future, it does leave the impression that they are sunsetting Blue Marvel. It's not difficult to imagine a role for Adam in any of the projects that will be released this year. But I guess we say that every year.
    The rumblings and trending for Adam have been higher so far this year than they've every been and I do believe there will be a place for Adam and that it should be in an alternate universe. Flesh out his back story a bit more prior to joining the army:

-Add parents that help him to develop a moral compass character (Denzel and Viola.....nope already done. Alright Denzel as widower raising Adam as single father,
    -create an incident where he exposed to low levels of radiation from the neutral zone as teenager and changes him on cellular level...say on school trip to the Department of Defense where an experiment goes out of control and releases a small amount of antimatter. This would set the stage later in his life when has his accident, trying to harness the power of neutral zone he becomes a stable anti-matter reactor and Conner doesn't.

Flesh out a few of his feats as the blue marvel leading up to his confrontation with anti-man in the 60's. His origin story could be ideal for Disney+ and lead into another phase of the MCU with first movie being about his second encounter with anti-man and subsequently taking up the mantel of blue Marvel again.

If you're gonna put Moon Knight with an ersatz Superman style character, it ought to be Sentry. Blue Marvel and he wouldn't be as interesting but you could still do something with them.

Also, that 'honorary Watcher' bit you mentioned. It's been a long time, was that from the original mini?

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    If you're gonna put Moon Knight with an ersatz Superman style character, it ought to be Sentry. Blue Marvel and he wouldn't be as interesting but you could still do something with them.
    I wasn't necessarily angling for a Superman/ Batman type partnership with Adam and Marc. After all, Adam and Black Panther already scratched that itch in a way in Ultimates. I was just thinking of scenarios where Adam could surface as either a cameo, or guest star appearance. Since Moon Knight will soon be introduced in the MCU, I figured teaming up with MK wouldn't be a bad place to start. And since both are inactive/reserve Avengers, there's always a possibility that they could find themselves on the same team at some point.

Also, that 'honorary Watcher' bit you mentioned. It's been a long time, was that from the original mini?
    Adam did meet Uatu in ALOTBM, but it was Ewing that made Adam the godfather to Uatu's child (see Mighty Avengers #10, iirc) and started the whole "honorary Watcher" thing (Ultimates, issue #2). Black Panther is speaking with Galactus after Captain Marvel and Blue Marvel were unable to convince Galan that they had a solution to his hunger. BP refers to a king (himself), a universal ambassador (Carol) and an honorary Watcher (Adam).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 03-26-2021 at 10:02 PM.

BANNED

i wonder if adam/carol/tchalla actually drew on those resources tchalla said they would be privvy to

like did adam access the watcher's data base?