Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 ... LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    It was an adaptation followed by a limited series that took place in the regular Marvel Universe teaming him with Night Thrasher and Spider-Man.
    Got it. So like Rom, Godzilla and others, Meteor Man exists in 616, but Marvel doesn't have free rein to use him. Makes sense.

The whole Meteor Man still saddens me. I think he'd be awesome as a major player in the MU

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Whatever became of FRED/alternate Earth Jim Rhodes? Did he ever regain his humanity, or is he still basically a nanite robot?
    Here is a brief history.

James Rhodes (Earth-982)

Rhodes gained superhuman powers after exposing himself to experimental microscopic robots. While Tony Stark had intended to test them on himself, Rhodes did not feel it would be right for Stark to unnecessarily risk his life. Although now-blessed with exponentially-increasing invulnerability and an impressive array of energy-based attacks, the nanites slowly corrupt Rhodes' mind, eventually destroying his personality and leaving him as little more than a very powerful, humanoid robot.

Rhodey eventually worked as a personal bodyguard for Tony Stark, and although he adopted a superhero uniform neither he nor Stark bother to come up with a moniker for him. Spider-Girl referred to him as "Fred," for simple lack of anything else to call him.

Powers and Abilities
    Powers
    Rhodes possesses a super-durable body, and is capable of flight, and concussive blasts.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/James_Rhodes_(Earth-982)

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Here is a brief history.

James Rhodes (Earth-982)

Powers and Abilities
    Powers

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/James_Rhodes_(Earth-982)
    Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Emerald 23 View Post
    The whole Meteor Man still saddens me. I think he'd be awesome as a major player in the MU
    The movie left me thinking that Meteor Man was more of a campy, cult classic type hero than a serious comic book character. But I never read any of the comics, so it's possible there might have been more substance to him that might have appealed to me.

For whatever reason Marvel also had a Comet Man, which I thought was odd.

In any event, I would definitely welcome another Black cosmic hero who is in that Silver Surfer, Sentry, Blue Marvel-type elite power level tier. If Blue Marvel is meant to represent the older, more conservative voice, I'd like to see a younger character, somewhere in the 20-30 range step to the forefront. Someone who on the one hand deeply respects the sacrifices that previous generations made, and yet at the same time resents the previous generations for allowing the world to continue on its destructive course. Someone who feels the urgency of making a lasting change now, because the world is out of time. Not sure if there is an existing character who embodies that, or if Marvel has a writer who can deliver on that nuance in a compelling way, but I'd like them to try all the same.

I want to see Adam Brashear become evil. I want to see Adam become the next Anti-Man.

Let's call him the Anti-Marvel.

I want an event comic where The Anti-Marvel takes center stage and destroys the Avengers, the Fantastic Four, and anyone else who dares oppose him.

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    I want to see Adam Brashear become evil. I want to see Adam become the next Anti-Man.

I want an event comic where The Anti-Marvel takes center stage and destroys the Avengers, the Fantastic Four, and anyone else who dares oppose him.
    Could work as an alternate universe story like Injustice. But main continuity? No. And it would be kind of a bummer if one of the few heavy hitting Black superheroes turned to the dark side.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Could work as an alternate universe story like Injustice. But main continuity? No. And it would be kind of a bummer if one of the few heavy hitting Black superheroes turned to the dark side.

Hear hear. They already screwed up Sentry with the offensive "mentally ill means too dangerous/unpredictable" trope.

Adam really needs to be used in live action - be it TV or film. Just look at the rub that Taskmaster, Moon Knight & Shang Chi are getting in the comics due to their use in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Czarnian View Post
    Hear hear. They already screwed up Sentry with the offensive "mentally ill means too dangerous/unpredictable" trope.

Adam really needs to be used in live action - be it TV or film. Just look at the rub that Taskmaster, Moon Knight & Shang Chi are getting in the comics due to their use in the MCU.
    Agreed, I had hope that they were going to low key slide him into Wandavision. It seemed like such a perfect set up to introduce Adam Brashear. I would love to see them surprise us with an appearance in What If somehow. As it stands, I feel there's a 5-10% chance of him being in Marvels movie.

They better not throw Adam into that Marvels movie. He deserves to be launched on his own, not saddled with a bunch of other characters. It's especially important because of how they neuter male characters in a predominantly female cast in modern media. To make matters worse, add in the push Carol is getting as "the strongest in the MCU".
    Last edited by Cosmic Emerald 23; 09-14-2021 at 01:01 PM.

Mentioned this in Monica's thread, but decided to explore the idea further here.

Say Kevin Brashear decides that there should be a team -- a Blue Marvel Corps (BMC) -- whose job it is to combat the ever-increasing number of threats that come from outside of the multiverse, like Knull, the Beyonders and the Infinites to name a small few.

And let's say said group, although loosely centered around the Brashear family, eventually expands to include other established heroes who take up the name, uniform/regalia and mission of the BMC and serve with honor and distinction.

Given the above, who do you think would make an excellent member of The Blue Marvel Corps?

Mentioned this in Monica's thread, but decided to explore the idea further here.

Say Kevin Brashear decides that there should be a team -- a Blue Marvel Corps (BMC) -- whose job it is to combat the ever-increasing number of threats that come from outside of the multiverse, like Knull, the Beyonders and the Infinites to name a small few.

And let's say said group, although loosely centered around the Brashear family, eventually expands to include other established heroes who take up the name, uniform/regalia and mission of the BMC and serve with honor and distinction.

Given the above, who do you think would make an excellent member of The Blue Marvel Corps?
    The Ultimates.

You might as well call them the Ultimates.

I'd prefer if the Blue Marvel Corps was just the Brashear family, makes the name more special and meaningful imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post

Sounds bogus asl tbh.

Black Panther, Spectrum, Captain Marvel, America Chavez?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Every superhero eventually turns to the dark side.

Why should black superheroes be excluded from that?

Admit it: Anti-Marvel would make a badass supervillain.