Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post
    With 4/5 Ultimates having debuted or soon to be, he's almost a certainty imo. I'm thinking the next big bad will be Galactus, and Adam's focus will be largely cosmic in nature.
    I'm not experiencing any tingling of my spider senses, but if there are conversations being had it would be cool to consider if Blue Marvel is being set up. The Ultimates angle has lost some shine if only cause I don't see how Black Panther will be included, and he is a must have. The interaction between T'Challa and possibly Adam is the stuff of blerd dreams. At least if Adam is brought out that's still a great start.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    He's died once already, of course he's gonna die again
    Don't feel bad, I got a feeling he still won't be in T'Challa realm where he is about to hit the trifecta of movie deaths!

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    He's died once already, of course he's gonna die again
    May be different this time, no more Void.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    I'm not experiencing any tingling of my spider senses, but if there are conversations being had it would be cool to consider if Blue Marvel is being set up. The Ultimates angle has lost some shine if only cause I don't see how Black Panther will be included, and he is a must have. The interaction between T'Challa and possibly Adam is the stuff of blerd dreams. At least if Adam is brought out that's still a great start.
    Chadwick's untimely passing makes it even more likely imo, as Marvel needs another flagship black hero.

To the point I made on the previous page, Adam has honestly been featured a lot more since his debut than I'd originally thought:

- The Ultimates
    - The Mighty Avengers
    - Civil War II
    - Doctor Doom
    - Avengers No Road Home
    - Incoming
    - Voices

etc

We've seen him as much as Marcus Milton, more so lately, and more than Sentry or Gladiator. After Monica returns from Strikeforce, I'm thinking we'll see them rejoin one another on panel.

Don't think we'll see Adam until Captain Marvel 2. I suspect his story will be mostly cosmic in nature until he or the Ultimates get their own film.
    Man, I really hope that this rumor really isn't true.

I don't want Adam's introduction to the MCU to be brought about by a Brie Larson movie.

I feel like his MCU origin needs to be handled with nuance that only an episodic structure could provide.

Quote Originally Posted by Common Writer View Post
    Man, I really hope that this rumor really isn't true.

I don't want Adam's introduction to the MCU to be brought about by a Brie Larson movie.

I feel like his MCU origin needs to be handled with nuance that only an episodic structure could provide.
    I hear you, and kind of agree. However, it didn't workout too bad for T'Challa. Maybe producer Nate Moore gets to work magic twice by pushing for another black male hero, and we get a TV show from his movie appearance.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Chadwick's untimely passing makes it even more likely imo, as Marvel needs another flagship black hero.

To the point I made on the previous page, Adam has honestly been featured a lot more since his debut than I'd originally thought:

- The Ultimates
    - The Mighty Avengers
    - Civil War II
    - Doctor Doom
    - Avengers No Road Home
    - Incoming
    - Voices

etc

We've seen him as much as Marcus Milton, more so lately, and more than Sentry or Gladiator. After Monica returns from Strikeforce, I'm thinking we'll see them rejoin one another on panel.
    I don't know. Ultimates and Mighty Avengers were like 6+ years ago. Kids have gone from high school to their sophomore year in college in that period of time. And I wouldn't necessarily say "featured" is the right word for Avengers No Road Home. He was only in the entire limited series for 3-4 panels tops. In fact, his contribution was minimal in most of his recent appearances.

Monica will undoubtedly be Marvel's next flagship hero. But I wouldn't bet any money on Adam getting a significant status change any time soon. Let's not forget, the MCU has an incredible amount of leeway to stray from the source material. They very well could decide that Adam is all wrong for Monica in the MCU and tab another character as her love interest. Said character could then be created in the comics to follow suit.

Hate to come across as the eternal skeptic, but given all of the projects rolling out this year, it speaks volumes that Adam isn't truly featured in a substantive role in any of them. Maybe that changes in 2024 or 2025.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member

The last issue of the Ultimates was August 16, 2017.
    That's less then 4 years ago.
    Of course that's the last year we have seen hyperion marcus milton.
    Now they have new a version of hyperion who is a different character/hyperion.
    Last edited by mace11; 03-12-2021 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I don't know. Ultimates and Mighty Avengers were like 6+ years ago. Kids have gone from high school to their sophomore year in college in that period of time. And I wouldn't necessarily say "featured" is the right word for Avengers No Road Home. He was only in the entire limited series for 3-4 panels tops. In fact, his contribution was minimal in most of his recent appearances.

Monica will undoubtedly be Marvel's next flagship hero. But I wouldn't bet any money on Adam getting a significant status change any time soon. Let's not forget, the MCU has an incredible amount of leeway to stray from the source material. They very well could decide that Adam is all wrong for Monica in the MCU and tab another character as her love interest. Said character could then be created in the comics to follow suit.

Hate to come across as the eternal skeptic, but given all of the projects rolling out this year, it speaks volumes that Adam isn't truly featured in a substantive role in any of them. Maybe that changes in 2024 or 2025.
    As Mace11 pointed out, the last issue of the Ultimates was less than four years ago. Though they're currently sidelined, the team remains in "Active" status, with 4/5 of being introduced to the MCU. I don't think they're going away.

Never-mind the fact that Adam has been a mainstay throughout Doom's latest series.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Of course that's last year we have seen hyperion marcus milton.
    Now have new a version of hyperion who is a different character/hyperion.
    Wth is Hyperion now? I liked Marcus Milton lol

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Of course that's the last year we have seen hyperion marcus milton.
    Now they have new a version of hyperion who is a different character/hyperion.
    But Hyperion in some form or another has far more recent appearances. He will be the feature character along with the Squadron of the upcoming event Heroes Reborn as you know. Where is Blue Marvel's event?

And whether almost 4 years (last issue) or almost 6 years (BM's 1st Ultimates issue), that's still a long time imho. Several characters have been given their own limited series in that span of time. And how many iterations of the Avengers team/book have we seen in that period?

Sure, keep hope alive, but I'm telling you the MCU is just as likely to cast Derek Freeman (Remember him?) as Monica's love interest as Adam. That way they can have a daughter (Blacklight) with powers to go along with a Young Avengers type production.

Never-mind the fact that Adam has been a mainstay throughout Doom's latest series.
    The Doom series was hardly Adam's best showing. Quite the contrary. Sadly, most people unfamiliar with the character will come away thinking less of Adam.

Extraordinary Member

Sure, keep hope alive, but I'm telling you the MCU is just as likely to cast Derek Freeman (Remember him?) as Monica's love interest as Adam. That way they can have a daughter (Blacklight) with powers to go along with a Young Avengers type production.
    You talking about this derek freeman?

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Derek...an_(Earth-616)

But Hyperion in some form or another has far more recent appearances. He will be the feature character along with the Squadron of the upcoming event Heroes Reborn as you know. Where is Blue Marvel's event?
    It's an entirely new Hyperion, in a one-shot...

Marcus Milton of Earth-13034, who survived the collapse of two universes? He & Adam have roughly the same number of appearances, with latter being used far more frequently of late.

And whether almost 4 years (last issue) or almost 6 years (BM's 1st Ultimates issue), that's still a long time imho. Several characters have been given their own limited series in that span of time. And how many iterations of the Avengers team/book have we seen in that period?
    Adam's been used just as much or more than Marvel's other Superman archetypes. I'm glad he's not getting ripped apart & killed like Sentry, or forgotten altogether like the aforementioned Hyperion!

Feels like you're being pessimistic.

The Doom series was hardly Adam's best showing. Quite the contrary. Sadly, most people unfamiliar with the character will come away thinking less of Adam.
    As opposed to tanking a black hole, he could be getting ripped apart and killed by Knull. I think I prefer the former.

Here's another way to look at it: He went from hanging out on the fringes with street level characters in 2013, to now being a recurring character in a Doom series, one of Marvel's most recognizable characters. This, after tussling with Galactus & Thanos in the Ultimates. Seems he's on his way up!
    Last edited by Harsh Lesson; 03-13-2021 at 02:52 PM.

Fantastic Member

- The Ultimates
    - The Mighty Avengers
    - Civil War II
    - Doctor Doom
    - Avengers No Road Home
    - Incoming
    - Voices

etc

This is what most all writers forget. The Void isn't a separate character. It is Rob Reynolds as well.

Although given that he showed up in Cates's Dr. Strange WANTING to die, I guess I can see how Knull could do it.

Here's another way to look at it: He went from hanging out on the fringes with street level characters in 2013, to now being a recurring character in a Doom series, one of Marvel's most recognizable characters. This, after tussling with Galactus & Thanos in the Ultimates. Seems he's on his way up!
    He didn't really tussle with Thanos. Settled to the back of the room, while Captain Marvel and MAC tanked Thanos. Hardly worth mentioning.

As you can tell, I could care less about Adam having 10,000 appearances. It's the quality of the appearance. Adam didn't do anything in Doom but basically look like the tissue at the bottom of Trump's shoe. Sentry dying to Knull? I'd take that over Blue Marvel almost dying to a pack of the Brood. Ripley ends an entire world of them by herself. LOL!

Seriously, please stop calling him Superman until he starts getting major franchise character treatment. Adam hasn't really done anything of note on his own since Grevioux introduced him.
    Attached Images Attached Images

He didn't really tussle with Thanos. Settled to the back of the room, while Captain Marvel and MAC tanked Thanos. Hardly worth mentioning.
    The more important point is that he's quickly gone from a side character who's membership on the Mighty Avengers manifested solely from the absence of the main Avengers team from Earth, to one who is now a leading member of his own star studded team, while sharing stories with Thanos, Galactus, Doctor Doom, etc.

Since his reemergence in 2013, his growth as a character has been sensible. He's a relic of a bygone era finding his way in the contemporary, and I'm enjoying the journey.

As you can tell, I could care less about Adam having 10,000 appearances. It's the quality of the appearance. Adam didn't do anything in Doom but basically look like the tissue at the bottom of Trump's shoe. Sentry dying to Knull? I'd take that over Blue Marvel almost dying to a pack of the Brood. Ripley ends an entire world of them by herself. LOL!

Seriously, please stop calling him Superman until he starts getting major franchise character treatment. Adam hasn't really done anything of note on his own since Grevioux introduced him.
    *couldn't

Your concerns are primarily related to his feats, rather than his being elevated as a character, and taking on a prominent role in the MU?

His power level is established. I don't need to see him crushing mountains & carrying stars in every other panel to enjoy his stories. As long what's written is compelling, I'm good. I just want ole Blue to carve out his space in the MU, the rest will take care of itself.
    Last edited by Harsh Lesson; 03-13-2021 at 05:07 PM.