Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    It was clear that anti-man was more powerful then ever because he had the power cosmic galactus gave him in the ultimates book with his own powers.
    Actually, Mace, please go back and read the series again. Galactus did NOT give Anti-Man the Power Cosmic as a means of boosting his abilities. All Galactus did was made Conner sane and stable. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Actually, Mace, please go back and read the series again. Galactus did NOT give Anti-Man the Power Cosmic as a means of boosting his abilities. All Galactus did was made Conner sane and stable. That's it.
    Power Cosmic: After having been touched by The Seeder of Worlds, Conner had been remade as his newest herald to serve and protect all life within the caged universe. With it all of his original powers have been vastly augmented beyond their original limits, but to what extent these enhancements reach yet remains to be see.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Conner_Sims_(Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post
    I disagree, you're just whining.
    We'll have to agree to disagree. I do find it interesting that you think it's speculatively false that Wendell Vaughn and his Quantum Bands can generate more than enough energy to trigger Carol to Binary mode, though.

As you said before, show me that on panel. The wiki is written by a fan who may have misinterpreted what actually occurred.

As you said before, show me that on panel. The wiki is written by a fan who may have misinterpreted what actually occurred.
    You're the detractor. Upon what basis are you speculating that Conner wasn't gifted the power cosmic, a core power of any of Galactus heralds?

Fantastic Member

Really wanna see Blue Marvel & Hickman Hyperion duke it out and be buds, but first Aaron’s Hyperion needs to disappear, also wouldn’t mind seeing Robinson’s Squadron come back as well

Amazing Member

After watching ep 5 of falcon and winter soldier I'm not sure if Blue Marvel will have fair shot with such a similar backstory as Bradleys

You're the detractor. Upon what basis are you speculating that Conner wasn't gifted the power cosmic, a core power of any of Galactus heralds?
    Apologies for the delay in responding to this discussion. Had to travel out of town on a family emergency. Let's resume...

After reviewing the text, I see how some believe that Anti-Man received the Power Cosmic from Galactus. In sacrificing himself and using his limitless energies to restore Galactus, Conner states that Galactus gave him hope and power. Conner returns life-bringing energy to Galactus.

However, we have to juxtapose that with Ewing earlier establishing that Anti-Man's energy resources were "limitless" to begin with -- a point that Conner made emphatically to Thanos before becoming Lifebringer's herald. Adam didn't even know Conner was that powerful, or he wouldn't have designed a containment cell for Conner thinking otherwise. Ewing had already set the table for Conner to have cosmic scale power reserves -- a link that he shares with Adam according to the Grevioux mini series. So it's difficult to see how Lifebringer energies could add more height to something that has no ceiling.

But I do get how someone can be made more dynamic and effectively more puissant by refining their mental clarity and acuity. Conner's biggest limitation was his sanity. The text reveals that Galactus did augment Conner's perceptions so that his measure of Cosmic Awareness no longer drove him stark raving. That adjustment alone is what I'm crediting for Conner's vault above and beyond Adam's power level. Connor isn't a scientist, and yet he somehow knew how to use his powers in ways that Blue Marvel did not and/or cannot -- like teleporting the Ultimates across the cosmos while still holding both Monica and Adam in inescapable force field bubbles. I don't see those abilities as something he gained from Galactus. He had such power all along driving him. The difference is that Conner now had a rational mind behind the wheel.

Edit: By the way, it's worth noting that Galactus didn't give the Power Cosmic to all of his heralds. After all, the Ultimates were his heralds. He said as much in the series. But he never gave any of the Ultimates the Power Cosmic. I recall a discussion about that very thing in one of the previous appreciation threads. If Ewing had given the Ultimates the Power Cosmic, even if only temporarily, it might have made for a much more interesting series imho.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 04-20-2021 at 09:38 AM.

Speaking of thor.
    Here some talk about him.

Can he breath in space?

Edited By Alligatian

#14 Spambot

They even talk about below thor and underwater feats etc..
    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...n-space-20322/
    Probably best to post this in the Thor thread. I agree that the writing isn't consistent when it comes to Thor's powers. But remember most writers aren't necessarily writing to preserve canon or honor past feats. They're just there to tell their story and hope fans like it, even if it conflicts with previous efforts by other writers.

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    Really wanna see Blue Marvel & Hickman Hyperion duke it out and be buds, but first Aaron’s Hyperion needs to disappear, also wouldn’t mind seeing Robinson’s Squadron come back as well
    Honestly, I've reached the point where I think it's time they narrowed the field to just one Hyperion and impose a 25 year moratorium on Superman analogs. Even if it means missing out on using Clark as a public domain character.

I feel the same way about the various multiple iterations of other characters out there. The exceptions, of course, would be for Novas, Quantum Band wielders, etc., since those entities are intended to be part of a larger corps or peacekeeping/law and order ensuring force.

So far the only weakness blue marvel has is Neutronium.
    I hope that a writer will explore this the next time Adam appears in a series. In the first Ultimates issue, Ewing indicated that the properties of Neutronium had changed to be more stable by virtue of the shift from the 7th cosmos to the 8th. Might Ewing have been hinting at going in a different direction with the Kryptonite analog?
    Attached Images Attached Images

After reviewing the text, I see how some believe that Anti-Man received the Power Cosmic from Galactus. In sacrificing himself and using his limitless energies to restore Galactus, Conner states that Galactus gave him hope and power. Conner returns life-bringing energy to Galactus.

However, we have to juxtapose...
    Not to sound harsh, but we don't need to do anything. Galactus states outright in the attached panel that he'd augmented Conner's powers, while the second panel depicts Conner returning said power with equal clarity. No speculation necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon jiren View Post
    After watching ep 5 of falcon and winter soldier I'm not sure if Blue Marvel will have fair shot with such a similar backstory as Bradleys
    The stories are different enough that they can both be told, and both be impactful, in different ways.
    Last edited by Harsh Lesson; 04-20-2021 at 04:14 PM.

Galactus states outright in the attached panel that he'd augmented Conner's powers...
    That's incorrect. Galactus says that he augmented Conner's perception to obviate further damage to his sanity. The Big G didn't say that he augmented Conner's powers there at all.

Conner does say in the second attachment that he was returning life-bringer power to Galactus. Like I said, I see why some conclude that Galactus increased Conner's powers. But losing the life-bringer energies alone isn't what killed Conner. No, he also completely surrendered all of his "limitless" energy reserves that he possessed well before ever becoming Galan's herald in that same act. That's what did him in. But I understand if you prefer to interpret that scene differently.

That's incorrect. Galactus says that he augmented Conner's perception to obviate further damage to his sanity. The Big G didn't say that he augmented Conner's powers there at all.

Conner does say in the second attachment that he was returning life-bringer power to Galactus. Like I said, I see why some conclude that Galactus increased Conner's powers. But losing the life-bringer energies alone isn't what killed Conner. No, he also completely surrendered all of his "limitless" energy reserves that he possessed well before ever becoming Galan's herald in that same act. That's what did him in. But I understand if you prefer to interpret that scene differently.
    I have to say, I'm genuinely impressed by your ability to manufacture an argument where none exist. We've nothing to interpret, the panel was implicit, and his appearance was altered to emphasize the change. "Power Cosmic" is even the title of his "Unlocked Potential" in the one Marvel game he's featured in, never mind that it's referenced & explained in his Fandom bio.

You've planted your flag in ant-hill, all in an effort to downplay Adam's feats? You're steadfast, no doubt about that.
    Last edited by Harsh Lesson; 04-20-2021 at 11:45 PM.

I have to say, I'm genuinely impressed by your ability to manufacture an argument where none exist. We've nothing to interpret, the panel was implicit, and his appearance was altered to emphasize the change. "Power Cosmic" is even the title of his "Unlocked Potential" in the one Marvel game he's featured in, never mind that it's referenced & explained in his Fandom bio.

You've planted your flag in ant-hill, all in an effort to downplay Adam's feats? You're steadfast, no doubt about that.
    I'm simply interpreting the source information with all relevant data factored in and not merely accepting "face value" pretext. I'm also not referencing outside sources, like fan wikis or other media representations like games, which invariably present info that is inconsistent with the source material.

I have no negative agenda here. I'm simply putting forward my own view that Adam's feats, while sufficient to establish an elite baseline, nevertheless fall short of what we've seen from other stalwarts in the elite category. If that encourages future writers to step up Adam's activities in that area, all the better. But, no, I'm not one to gush over what Adam has accomplished, because there is so much more that he can do -- and it would be nice to see that some day. It's really as simple as that.