Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
Is blue marvel's backstory okay or do you think it needs to be changed in the possible adaptation?
I think it depends on the creative parties. the one part that stands out to me is that it is Pres. John F. Kennedy who asks/convinces Brashear to "retire"; in real life he's been revealed to have been sympathetic but severely cautious in his approach to the civil rights movement.. I'm not sure whether Disney/Marvel execs would want a real person (fictionalized, of course) to play such a pivotal role in one of their fantasy features.. [imagine the pushback from folks feeling that JFK was unfairly maligned as an obstructionist bureaucrat; not to mention the responses from contemporary Kennedy family members]..
Aside from the backdrop of an implied Roosevelt in Cap's World War 2 era, I'm not sure how many real presidents have been hinted to have served in the MCU's United States.. obviously the guy in Iron Man 3 was fictional. Maybe there have been throwaway lines about Nixon, Reagan, Carter? I'm not sure...

But who knows? the story would be bold if adapted "as is"...