Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I wasn't necessarily angling for a Superman/ Batman type partnership with Adam and Marc. After all, Adam and Black Panther already scratched that itch in a way in Ultimates. I was just thinking of scenarios where Adam could surface as either a cameo, or guest star appearance. Since Moon Knight will soon be introduced in the MCU, I figured teaming up with MK wouldn't be a bad place to start. And since both are inactive/reserve Avengers, there's always a possibility that they could find themselves on the same team at some point.
    I get it, but I think that comparison would be made anyway.
    Adam did meet Uatu in ALOTBM, but it was Ewing that made Adam the godfather to Uatu's child (see Mighty Avengers #10, iirc) and started the whole "honorary Watcher" thing (Ultimates, issue #2). Black Panther is speaking with Galactus after Captain Marvel and Blue Marvel were unable to convince Galan that they had a solution to his hunger. BP refers to a king (himself), a universal ambassador (Carol) and an honorary Watcher (Adam).
    I'd honestly be wary yof furher linking Adam to Uatu and the Watchers generallyy. They are, after all, intended to represent a kind of passivity. Dude has enough problems with being viewed as 'passive' as it is just from his backstory.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 03-27-2021 at 01:26 AM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I get it, but I think that comparison would be made anyway.
    No doubt. I'm sure you hear the Sentry comparisons to Supes all of the time. But I don't think that should either encourage or discourage writers from having Adam or Bob team up with various Marvel heroes who may be similar to creations from other publishers, no matter how it appears on the surface. If anything it's encumbent on writers to show how Marvel characters differ from the Distinct Competition.

I'd honestly be wary yof furher linking Adam to Uatu and the Watchers generallyy. They are, after all, intended to represent a kind of passivity. Dude has enough problems with being viewed as 'passive' as it is just from his backstory.
    I think that was kind of the inside joke of tying him to the Watcher. Like everything else with Adam, it can either work for him or against him. It's not such a terrible thing, when you consider Uatu. He has been anything but passive -- he's the bad boy and rebel of his people. Even now he's actively violating the Watchers' edict by taken on Nick Fury as his herald in anticipation of a future cosmic crisis. It's not so bad to be linked to Watchers, if vigilance also entails proactive engagement. As Ewing showed, Adam didn't exactly retire. He just operated off-grid. Maybe some day Marvel will bring us more of the "Untold tales of the Blue Marvel."

Amazing Member

Thought this was interesting to share with forum. A youtuber by the name of Dub-Ya J's World, wants to play Blue Marvel and put out a video describing what it would take to convince Kevin Fiege he's the man for the job. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emQ1qvVT3dg.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Well, folks, it's time for this old man to sign off. Be good to each other and keep the faith ... for Blue Marvel's sake.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Well, folks, it's time for this old man to sign off. Be good to each other and keep the faith ... for Blue Marvel's sake.
    Huh? What does this mean?

I hope I don't sound controversial but it seems like Marvel is intentionally neutering Blue Marvel. In Ultimates he didn't do ANYTHING big to warrant him being a powerful powerhouse, the same powerhouse that knocked Sentry into orbit. In fact he seemed like a retired old man in Ultimates just sitting in the back and letting the others handle the big situations. Like why was Blue Marvel just sitting back and NOT fighting Thanos is beyond me that's when I knew he was being neutered. Not trying to sound shallow but one-shotting ultimate Hulk was pretty meh when he has faced far more powerful opponents. Blue Marvel was suppose to be a Black powerhouse in the same "club" as Thor, Hulk and Sentry according to his creator but now with Marvel its slowly withering away. Its a damn shame and a waste of a potentially good character.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Yes! When I saw the lineup of multiple Guardians of The Galaxy teams, with so many replicating character types....and Ewing just couldn't fathom putting Blue Marvel on any one of them????? All this feels like a certain demographic is really trying to box out black heroes with hugh potential.
    Exactly and its sad smdh

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Guardian of Good View Post
    I hope I don't sound controversial but it seems like Marvel is intentionally neutering Blue Marvel. In Ultimates he didn't do ANYTHING big to warrant him being a powerful powerhouse, the same powerhouse that knocked Sentry into orbit. In fact he seemed like a retired old man in Ultimates just sitting in the back and letting the others handle the big situations. Like why was Blue Marvel just sitting back and NOT fighting Thanos is beyond me that's when I knew he was being neutered. Not trying to sound shallow but one-shotting ultimate Hulk was pretty meh when he has faced far more powerful opponents. Blue Marvel was suppose to be a Black powerhouse in the same "club" as Thor, Hulk and Sentry according to his creator but now with Marvel its slowly withering away. Its a damn shame and a waste of a potentially good character.
    I don't agree with this.

Here some major big feats blue marvel has done as a ultimate member.
    In the ultimates book
    Neutronium--Theorized as a byproduct of creation itself

Help come up with plans/ideas to defeat thanos without throwing a punch

Fought Simon Rodstvow but lost

Combined with monica to help take down Simon Rodstvow

Simon turned against the Troubleshooters and revealed himself as a servant of the First Firmament, an ancient being that threatened the entire Multiverse

Fought a more powerful anti-man

Help take down galactus and help to change galactus to the lifebringer

Can make a energy bubble to trap enemies
    Defeated/held shaper of worlds

Enhanced Mental Perception/Hyper-Cosmic Awareness
    Later he would expand his consciousness further through one of his inventions to find out about the imprisonment of conceptual existence

Knock out ultimate hulk
    Note -ultimate hulk fought a savage hulk and was holding his own in secret wars.

Done research with Black Panther

Fought america chavez who is around 712 hyperion level from the early 90's for example.

Can provide enough energy to Captain Marvel for her to transform into Binary/Help to defeat invading galactus punishers.

Infinaut
    The Infinaut's second manifestation happened in 1998, in Machu Picchu, and it was interrupted by Adam Brashear together with his son Kevin using an anti-matter-powered rig. Were the Infinaut capable of materializing at full size, he would destroy the Earth. The Infinaut attempted to arrive to the Earth six other times in the following decades.
    At the time, Brashear was part of the Mighty Avengers, the Macronaut tried to land in Quezon City, but was repelled by the Triumph Division.Years later, a vision from the Inhuman procog Ulysses Cain alerted Dr. Brashear of the Infinaut's imminent ninth manifestation eight days before it happened.
    With a week to prepare, Brashear and his response team known as the Ultimates built a Pym Particle accelerator. With the help of Giant-Man, when the Infinaut appeared, the Ultimates managed to anchor him and reduce his size to that of an average human, allowing the Infinaut to enter this space without dire consequences for the Earth or himself. When the Infinaut managed to communicate with the Ultimates, he expressed his happiness for meeting them.

Fought the chitauri wave with the ultimates

Keep in mind the ultimates books main focus was on exploration and science.

As a ultimate team member and some feats outside the ultimate book
    Fought sentry level strength symbioids

Knock back God-King Maestro with one punch

Knock out luke cage with one punch

Has devised counter plans for the Squadron Supreme

Defeated the squadron supreme

Fought thanos with ultimate team members and other teams in civil war 2

Unfazed by a blast from Nova

Can easily catch up with Nova

Last edited by mace11; 03-29-2021 at 06:48 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Oh and here is A interesting debate i have seen over the years.

Lifting Strength vs Punching/Striking Strength
    http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t519057.html

Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
    It seems the consensus is striking power>lifting.
    https://www.narutoforums.org/threads...ength.1133348/

Striking force vs lifting: Which kind of strength feat do you consider more valid in a debate?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/CharacterRa...d_of_strength/

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    I don't agree with this.

In the ultimates book

As a ultimate team member and feats outside the ultimate book
    On top of all this, how often do we truly see herald level characters let loose in team books? Hyperion and Gladiator barely did anything throughout the whole of Infinity, for example, other than job to Black Dwarf and Corvus Glaive.

I don't agree with this.

In the ultimates book

As a ultimate team member and feats outside the ultimate book
    Wow, these are some good feats!

I was going to ask Just how strong is Adam? With his energy powers, he should be on a major team using those powers.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I was going to ask Just how strong is Adam?
    Incalculable Strength: Blue Marvel possesses vast levels of superhuman strength, and is stated to be in the same league as Sentry, Hulk, and Thor strength wise.
    The uppermost limits of Blue Marvel's strength is unknown, but it equals or exceeds the likes of a enraged Hulk, Sentry and others.

The Watcher states that Adam is capable of splitting the Moon into two with a blow. He was able to directly engage Iron Man, Ares, Wonder Man, and Ms. Marvel in combat at the same time and casually overpower them. He is strong enough to push the Sentry to the limits of his strength and knock him into Earth's orbit with a single punch.

Note-Incalculable means limitless.

Extraordinary Member

I want get back to something about blue marvel and the mcu.
    There is no need show blue marvel's parents in the mcu.

In fact like the comics so far they could mention a parent or parents and brothers but there is need no need to show his parents.
    For example hulk and captain america's parents are not shown in the mcu.

Not ever superhero or character needs to have thier parents shown especially if they are older characters like captain america and bucky or thunderbolt ross who may become red hulk in mcu.

Blue marvel maybe older too(they could still get a young enough actor) in mcu if they keep his basic background being born in 1920's.
    The mcu version of his story of course.
    They may do this for sentry as well,of course the sentry's mother was shown in comics so they may show his mother or not.
    Last edited by mace11; 03-29-2021 at 11:25 PM.

Amazing Member

I want get back to something about blue marvel and the mcu.
    There is no need show blue marvel's parents in the mcu.

In fact like the comics so far they could mention a parent or parents and brothers but there is need no need to show his parents.
    For example hulk and captain america's parents are not shown in the mcu.

Not ever superhero or character needs to have thier parents shown especially if they are older characters like captain america and bucky or thunderbolt ross who may become red hulk in mcu.

Blue marvel maybe older too(they could still get a young enough actor) in mcu if they keep his basic background being born in 1920's.
    The mcu version of his story of course.
    They may do this for sentry as well,of course the sentry's mother was shown in comics so they may show his mother or not.
    Interesting take. I respectfully disagree. Having a parent mentioned or seen in no way detracts from the main story of the protagonist. In my opinion it adds layer of relatability. Particularly when it comes to observing how the superhero makes his decisions. Superman's earthly parents and Jor el instilled values and morals in him that he used in his adult life.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon jiren View Post
    Interesting take. I respectfully disagree. Having a parent mentioned or seen in no way detracts from the main story of the protagonist. In my opinion it adds layer of relatability. Particularly when it comes to observing how the superhero makes his decisions. Superman's earthly parents and Jor el instilled values and morals in him that he used in his adult life.
    I don't mind his parent/parents mention like in comics briefly(that adds relatability alreadly) like you said but his parents are not seen and it will be the same way for the mcu.

Everything does not need to be seen from my viewpoint plus his origin story does not start with him and his parents like superman.
    I am glad that is different plus he already has other things that add layers of relatability.

Now they could show his kids like the comics(he is the PARENT) and his wife another parent for his kids of the past and then him moving on to be with monica.
    So parents would be shown like the comics,adam and his wife are the parents for his kids like the comics and his parents are not needed to be seen but Mention.
    For the mcu they could mention or not.
    Last edited by mace11; 03-31-2021 at 12:48 AM.