Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    That's just it: Adam's molecular powers aren't "extra." His ability to generate nearly unlimited amounts of antimatter and manipulate antiparticles really is his primary ability. Everything else flows from that.

There are any number of applications for that incomprehensible level of energy output. But that would require the writers to first think about what a genius with that kind of power would do. And it requires them to actually show Adam doing it.

When you consider that most writers aren't trying to show Adam as an elite character, what you get is the dumbed down, passive, almost doddering flying brick. One smart enough to create his own portal technology network, but somehow too stupid to recognize a worm hole when he sees it. One who can go toe to toe with Sentry, Anti-Man and King Hyperion, but who apparently can be body slammed by a woman who doesn't even have superhuman strength. (And no, I'm not buying a judo move that entails using someone's own body weight and momentum against them. Not when a person can lift a billion times his own body weight, survive the overpressures of deep space, or easily stop and redirect the momentum of large meteors. Stopping himself from being moved in any direction by a normal human being would take no effort at all.) One powerful enough to empower Captain Marvel so that she can matter and deliver the coup de grace to Thanos, but not one powerful, deliberate, or courageous enough to deliver that blow himself. It's laughable...except that it's really not.

It took Marvel/Timely almost 70 years to finally create a character exactly like Blue Marvel. And yet, some 14 years later, I'm still waiting for them to get out of their own way and let the character be great.
    You'll probably have to wait longer with how things are going.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    However, it would also be nice to see earth's heroes be in a pinch with the need for a heavy hitter and a brother takes center stage instead of default to thor or Hulk.
    True, but my point is one can be a heavy hitter without exactly having a Thor or Hulk type powerset

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Guardian of Good View Post
    You can easily have BOTH! And fact is there aren't even that many BLACK powerhouses. More importantly, Blue Marvel's powers are unique. His powers are flipping anti-matter.... How many heros do you see have the power of anti-matter?
    I'm not quite sure how the whole anti-matter thing works. Still, that's more interesting to me than just a superman-type hero. Yes, we can have both, but we already have a few common kinds, as I pointed out. We don't really see many Black heroes with interesting powers like those of Ant-Man, the Vision or Dr. Strange. Of course, we do need more Black superheroes in Marvel overall, but I'd like them to have more diverse powers instead of those just being given to the White superheroes.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    For whatever reason, black males tend to have electric powers, I think it has something to do with Black Lightning's rights, which forced DC's stuff to create rip offs of him when they wanted to use Black Lightning.
    The 70's Super Friends cartoon wanted to use Black Lightning, but DC didn't want to pay creator Tony Isabella so Hanna Barbara ripped off the character as Black Vulcan. I'm pretty sure Isabella even spoofed the situation in the BL comic at the end of his original run.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
    You'll probably have to wait longer with how things are going.
    I'm pretty much resigned to the likelihood I'll be worm food before Marvel does right by Blue Marvel. That's how just about everything works in this country.

Extraordinary Member

There alot black supeheroes in dc and marvel and i see a high enough variety of powersets and that has increase over time.
    Keep in mind the majority of heroes are white so you will still see more of a variety no mattter what.

Now am going to be more blunt or more harsh and it's time for awake up call and face reality.
    There is good amount(alot in fact) overpowered type black supeheroes if you look at the list of black superheroes(dc,marvel,lionforge,outside of america etc..) but you see a certain amount at a time in the big two just like the white superheroes and one of the main reasons white superheroes are the majority shown because they are biggest race group in america.

Overpowered white superheroes are the minority within the white superhero community anyway just the black,brown or asiatic ones and white superheroes will be the most consistently shown on average.
    Even if writers do improve showing black heroes more consistently (overpowered or not) white heroes will still be shown the most on average.

That's just the way it is AND no amount of protesting is going to change that.

Asking for black panther(who is overpowered now and shuri) to be shown in comics as much,almost as much or more then spiderman is not going to happen.

Now more improved writing and more consistent appearances? that could be done but it could only go so far on average and sooner you realize that the sooner you will be at peace with it.

Keep in mind there are plenty of folks as well complaining about consistent showings and power levels for white heroes.

There are videos about dc does not know what to do with superman,from comics to movies etc..
    You got take the good with the bad or in middle at times etc...

Just look at the consistent complaints about thor and his power levels that go up and down and getting stab or shot with a arrow and it went into his skin it etc.. or catwoman(who is only peek human) was able to take down the flash(wally) who is around the same power level as superman and batman who is only peek human who was able to flip superman to the ground.
    There is recent news as well that dc comics is killing superman again.

If you want more variety(and it has been happening anyway overtime)that would mean more black heroes in the big two, and there are some folks, and you know who they are will be complaining that blacks are very over represented then they are now.

Note-
    The vision is not really white but few time i think shown as white to hide who HE really is but his daughter is show as black at times.
    There have been more magic black heroes popping in marvel and dc as well,so there is more then just doctor voodoo at marvel.
    Last edited by mace11; 11-14-2021 at 01:56 AM.

Does anyone here still go to their local comic book store? If so, tell me what you see in terms of new comic releases for sale. I'm particularly concerned with Marvel, but you can add in the other publishing houses as well.

So...how do you think they will change Blue Marvel in the MCU? (I'm not saying he'll make it to the MCU, but if he does....)

Invincible Member

Does anyone here still go to their local comic book store? If so, tell me what you see in terms of new comic releases for sale. I'm particularly concerned with Marvel, but you can add in the other publishing houses as well.
    I almost started going back to the LCS at the beginning of spring, but for a variety of reason stopped after a couple of weeks. The current Marvel Comics I buy are Black Widow ( which I may drop) and Inferno. I will start Black Panther when Ridley's run gets going. Right now the only current DC thing is Icon. Other than that it's been Image Comcs, and back issues and old undergrounds.

I still make the visit every so often. Generally when i go the supply on the shelf and consistently stocked new books don't seem to be an issue. Honestly, not sure if its age or just lack of quality writing I've noticed that my interest in floppy books is fading hard. I have more faith in the MCU to put Blue Marvel in sooner than later. Unlike the regressing comics makers, the MCU has better understanding of the value of correcting failures of minimizing melanin folk.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Happy Thanksgiving!

Amazing Member

Merry Christmas everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    There alot black supeheroes in dc and marvel and i see a high enough variety of powersets and that has increase over time.
    Keep in mind the majority of heroes are white so you will still see more of a variety no mattter what.

Now am going to be more blunt or more harsh and it's time for awake up call and face reality.
    There is good amount(alot in fact) overpowered type black supeheroes if you look at the list of black superheroes(dc,marvel,lionforge,outside of america etc..) but you see a certain amount at a time in the big two just like the white superheroes and one of the main reasons white superheroes are the majority shown because they are biggest race group in america.

Overpowered white superheroes are the minority within the white superhero community anyway just the black,brown or asiatic ones and white superheroes will be the most consistently shown on average.
    Even if writers do improve showing black heroes more consistently (overpowered or not) white heroes will still be shown the most on average.

That's just the way it is AND no amount of protesting is going to change that.

Asking for black panther(who is overpowered now and shuri) to be shown in comics as much,almost as much or more then spiderman is not going to happen.

Now more improved writing and more consistent appearances? that could be done but it could only go so far on average and sooner you realize that the sooner you will be at peace with it.

Keep in mind there are plenty of folks as well complaining about consistent showings and power levels for white heroes.

There are videos about dc does not know what to do with superman,from comics to movies etc..
    You got take the good with the bad or in middle at times etc...

Just look at the consistent complaints about thor and his power levels that go up and down and getting stab or shot with a arrow and it went into his skin it etc.. or catwoman(who is only peek human) was able to take down the flash(wally) who is around the same power level as superman and batman who is only peek human who was able to flip superman to the ground.
    There is recent news as well that dc comics is killing superman again.

If you want more variety(and it has been happening anyway overtime)that would mean more black heroes in the big two, and there are some folks, and you know who they are will be complaining that blacks are very over represented then they are now.

Note-
    The vision is not really white but few time i think shown as white to hide who HE really is but his daughter is show as black at times.
    There have been more magic black heroes popping in marvel and dc as well,so there is more then just doctor voodoo at marvel.
    So hell me to understand just what you are trying to say. Is your point that people shouldn't voice opinions on the disparity of upper level powered Black heroes? Btw, how in the world is Black Panther OVER powered?????

Likewise bro! Happy Holidays to everyone else!!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    So hell me to understand just what you are trying to say. Is your point that people shouldn't voice opinions on the disparity of upper level powered Black heroes? Btw, how in the world is Black Panther OVER powered?????
    I posted the above awhile ago and you are replying to it now?
    Anyway my post still stands.
    Moving on.

Btw, how in the world is Black Panther OVER powered?????
    I will reply to this however.
    Black panther is overpowered now.
    Just check this thread.
    THREAD: HAS WOLVERINE REALLY BECOME TO POWERFUL?
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...powerful/page7
    Last edited by mace11; 12-24-2021 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    I posted the above awhile ago and you are replying to it now?
    Anyway my post still stands.
    Moving on.

I will reply to this however.
    Black panther is overpowered now.
    Just check this thread.
    THREAD: HAS WOLVERINE REALLY BECOME TO POWERFUL?
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...powerful/page7
    Lol, you're talking about tech...??? Minus his tech T'Challa is basically strong as Logan or Captain America. Be dismissive all day, but at least be logical. Yes there's a space for a Black Panther, all his tech and genius included. Just like there a need for a Blue Marvel type character. More than any of this is the need for writers that are capable and willing to be imaginative and aggressive with their stories.