Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Pardon the interruption, but two quick corrections/insights, if I may:

1. Adam is not pure energy. Anti-Man is, but Adam is not. Adam is flesh and blood. He can be cut and he definitely bleeds. He's just extremely durable. For example, Sentry can shatter adamantium with little effort. But even after flying all the way from the exosphere to hit Adam with everything that he had, Sentry didn't break any of Adam's bones or cause any ruptures or lacerations of any kind. He ultimately knocked out Adam, but could barely stand himself afterwards and had to be helped off the field. If Adam had been a pure energy form -- especially a form comprised of antimatter -- the Sentry would have passed right through Adam and likely caused himself considerable harm as "negative energy" weakens him. (That also explains why Anti-Man had no problems beating the crap out of Sentry.)

2. Candace Brashear aged at a far slower rate than normal. Adam wasn't sure if that was due to long-term exposure to him, or if he was subconsciously using his powers to slow her ageing. I will suggest a third real world possibility: microchimerism. Adam's children don't appear to have all of Adam's powers per se, but they all share his longevity. It's very possible that Candace's body absorbed some of the fetal DNA from her firstborn (Kevin), and that's why her ageing slowed.
    Thanks for clarification on point 1. With regards to number 2., do you remember what issue Adam says this to Candace or Wonders to himself? I''ve read the series a few times now and I don't remember Adam ever pondering that.

Also, any thoughts on a director for a blue marvel movie?
    Last edited by Carbon jiren; 03-03-2021 at 01:09 PM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Brie Larson is 31, playing a character who's in her 60s in the MCU. So yeah, Marvel absolutely could and would cast a younger actor for Adam if they want to go with the slow aging explanation. I don't think it's a big deal. Him being cast too old could easily lead to another Hank Pym/Bill Foster situation where they put the character as a background scientist while everyone else gets to do the action, and I don't think anyone here would want that for Adam.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Brie Larson is 31, playing a character who's in her 60s in the MCU. So yeah, Marvel absolutely could and would cast a younger actor for Adam if they want to go with the slow aging explanation. I don't think it's a big deal. Him being cast too old could easily lead to another Hank Pym/Bill Foster situation where they put the character as a background scientist while everyone else gets to do the action, and I don't think anyone here would want that for Adam.
    Carol Danvers is literally half Alien, she could age backwards for all we know. You may not have read my previous posts but the actors I recommend look nothing like age because, well...partly good genetics and they take really good care of themselves. Slow aging explanation wouldn't cut it here, not with protestics and make up. When they put on make up and grey hair on Brandon Routh as Kingdom Come superman, it was embarrassing to watch because it wasn't believable - and that's what my point is Believablity. Will Smith and Parris would be believable and he's 50. 50 is not being like a decrepit old man that can't do anything. It sure as hell isn't Michael Douglas who 76 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbon jiren View Post
    Carol Danvers is literally half Alien, she could age backwards for all we know. You may not have read my previous posts but the actors I recommend look nothing like age because, well...partly good genetics and they take really good care of themselves. Slow aging explanation wouldn't cut it here, not with protestics and make up. When they put on make up and grey hair on Brandon Routh as Kingdom Come superman, it was embarrassing to watch because it wasn't believable - and that's what my point is Believablity. Will Smith and Parris would be believable and he's 50. 50 is not being like a decrepit old man that can't do anything. It sure as hell isn't Michael Douglas who 76 years old.

Adam's physiology is less bound to biological laws than Carol or Cap... I legit don't understand getting hung up on that point. Will Smith is 52 years old, btw, so 19 years older than Parris. That's more odd than casting someone in their thirties for an ageless super hero imo.
    Last edited by Harsh Lesson; 03-03-2021 at 03:13 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post
    Adam's physiology is less bound to biological laws than Carol or Cap... I legit don't understand getting hung up on that point. Will Smith is 52 years old, btw, so 19 years older than Parris. That's more odd than casting someone in their thirties for an ageless super hero imo.
    Let's make it simple - is it believable? Will Smith is 52 going on 45 if you know what I mean. He looks young enough NOT to seem like on odd pairing with Parris but old enough that he doesn't look inexperienced like Boyega and Jordan....IMHO

Let's make it simple - is it believable? Will Smith is 52 going on 45 if you know what I mean. He looks young enough NOT to seem like on odd pairing with Parris but old enough that he doesn't look inexperienced like Boyega and Jordan....IMHO
    - I don't find anything believable about an Anti-matter reactor/generator that appears as a middle aged Super Hero.

- Teyonah Parris is 19 years younger than Will Smith in real life. Casting them as lovers is more out of the ordinary than casting someone in their 30's as an ageless super hero. As has already been pointed out, both Caps were played by persons in their late 20's or early 30's, and they're both seniors.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harsh Lesson View Post
    - I don't find anything believable about an Anti-matter reactor/generator that appears as a middle aged Super Hero.

- Teyonah Parris is 19 years younger than Will Smith in real life. Casting them as lovers is more out of the ordinary than casting someone in their 30's as an ageless super hero. As has already been pointed out, both Caps were played by persons in their late 20's or early 30's, and they're both seniors.
    I don't see the hang up on the age gap when. Middle age doesn't equal geriatric. I chose Will Smith, because like the other actors I mentioned, they don't look their age. We clearly don't agree on this point and that's fine cause ultimately we're fans of Blue Marvel so let's just leave it there. Peace.
    Last edited by Carbon jiren; 03-03-2021 at 04:04 PM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

With regards to number 2., do you remember what issue Adam says this to Candace or Wonders to himself? I''ve read the series a few times now and I don't remember Adam ever pondering that.
    Sure, check out Mighty Avengers #9. Max had finally revealed himself as Dr. Positron and was trying to "free" Kevin Brashear from the Neutral Zone. Of course, now we know that Kevin wasn't really trapped in the NZ as he had mutated into becoming its cosmic guardian and gatekeeper.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    That's exactly right.

On the one hand, I do understand the logic behind making Adam appear older in the comics. I don't agree with it, but I get it. But in the MCU, I think it's vital that we have a younger character, because I want Adam to be more than a background filler. And I want him to stick around for sequel after sequel, 10 - 20 years from now.

Sure, sometimes older actors do get to shine in movies. Sir Ian McKellen had his fair share of great action scenes as Gandalf in the LOTR trilogy. Going back even further, Danny Glover actually had a higher body count as old man Sgt. Murtaugh than the younger Mel Gibson, who played army vet and borderline psychopath Martin Riggs -- which makes you wonder who was really the "Lethal Weapon" in that movie franchise.

But for the most part, the younger chaps are more central to the action and plot, and typically get the lion's share of plaudits, popularity and acclaim as a result. I don't think casting a younger Adam would hurt the character as much as some believe.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Amazing Member

That's exactly right.

On the one hand, I do understand the logic behind making Adam appear older in the comics. I don't agree with it, but I get it. But in the MCU, I think it's vital that we have a younger character, because I want Adam to be more than a background filler. And I want him to stick around for sequel after sequel, 10 - 20 years from now.

Sure, sometimes older actors do get to shine in movies. Sir Ian McKellen had his fair share of great action scenes as Gandalf in the LOTR trilogy. Going back even further, Danny Glover actually had a higher body count as old man Sgt. Murtaugh than the younger Mel Gibson, who played army vet and borderline psychopath Martin Riggs -- which makes you wonder who was really the "Lethal Weapon" in that movie franchise.

But for the most part, the younger chaps are more central to the action and plot, and typically get the lion's share of plaudits, popularity and acclaim as a result. I don't think casting a younger Adam would hurt the character as much as some believe.
    I've said me piece on this already. Anyone below 40 yrs won't work for me. Believability to me is more important than whether or not an actor is going to be around 20 years from now (after 20 years you might think of recasting anyways).

Also an older character wouldn't necessarily mean background character especially if he's getting his own movie. Let's be clear, there is some truth to black don't crack. Being 40 to 50 yrs old now is not the same as it was in the 70's or 80's. Actors are taking way better care of themselves which shows in the actors I previously mentioned. The conditioning of a so called middle aged actor has improved significantly. Younger actors getting the majority of the screen is the exception not the rule. Chadwick was 40 when he took on the role of T'challa, Robert Downey Jr was in his mid 40's when he took on Tony Stark.

Worrying about an actors condition for the franchise appearances in this instance simply doesn't hold water for me.

Still haven't answered my question on who you think would be a good director for a movie. Any thoughts?

Amazing Member

Sure, check out Mighty Avengers #9. Max had finally revealed himself as Dr. Positron and was trying to "free" Kevin Brashear from the Neutral Zone. Of course, now we know that Kevin wasn't really trapped in the NZ as he had mutated into becoming its cosmic guardian and gatekeeper.
    Thanks for the clarification. Cheers.

Still haven't answered my question on who you think would be a good director for a movie. Any thoughts?
    Honestly, I haven't given the director any thought at all. If we're talking about a Blue Marvel solo movie, I'd probably be too hyped to care who the director was. Steve McQueen, Antoine Fuqua, Dee Rees, hell, even Chris Nolan or Guillermo del Toro could do the directing and I'd probably be ok with it.

Fantastic Member

I'd want a more serious approach though, given the subject matter (if they decide to tell Adam's origin story on-screen). Not so dry that it is boring, I mean. But not a quippy, jolly merchandise-mover like the MCU tends to be. Something a little more sober and emotional.

Extraordinary Member

Marvel Casting Michael B. Jordan Type Actor as Nova for For Captain Marvel 2 Reportedly

John Boyega /Michael B. Jordan type.
    I think for captain marvel 2 they want superheroes with the name marvel in it and it could mostly like be blue marvel and not a racebending the main novas(sam or richard).

It is most likely john boyega the actor himself or someone like him since he said he was interested and marvel was interested in casting him for the future in mcu.

This was posted awhile go and many folks forgot about this,so i will post it again.

John Boyega Has Met With Marvel About Potentially Playing a Superhero
    Which Marvel Superhero Should John Boyega Play in the MCU?
    https://nerdist.com/john-boyega-marvel-superhero/

John Boyega Has Met With Marvel Before, Would be Open to Play a
    Superhero in the Future
    https://www.slashfilm.com/john-boyega-marvel-meeting/

John Boyega Has Met With Marvel About Potentially Playing a Superhero
    http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/04/...el-studios-dc/

Note -michael b. jordan the actor himself is in dc doing static stock(dc milestone) and could be black superman or icon in the future,or hardware.
    Last edited by mace11; 03-09-2021 at 05:31 PM.

Amazing Member

Honestly, I haven't given the director any thought at all. If we're talking about a Blue Marvel solo movie, I'd probably be too hyped to care who the director was. Steve McQueen, Antoine Fuqua, Dee Rees, hell, even Chris Nolan or Guillermo del Toro could do the directing and I'd probably be ok with it.
    Agreed on all accounts. I was thinking Denis Villeneuve or Nolan to be honest. I had forgotten about Fuqua entirely.
    Last edited by Carbon jiren; 03-04-2021 at 02:31 PM.